The Student Room Group

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me.

Scroll to see replies

Theres a lot to forgive her for, if you're willing to do so.

Turning down a TRIP TO PARIS (!!) for a birthday party (?!), hurting your feelings, wasting your money, making an argument out of it and of course slapping you. All I can say is, Good Luck! (And you deserve better)
i think the only way for her to make it back up to u is for her to arrange that same trip to Paris, all from her purse. assuming whatever op said were true, a simple apology from his gf wouldnt suffice. good luck :smile:
Reply 102
Original post by effofex
I think the word is Eirophile. (sorry to be pedantic!)

Really? I'm not even sure if Irelandphile is a word, I've never used it before. lol. Couldn't find anything on google about 'Eirophile' though.
Reply 103
Original post by Ruthi-SH
ill swap places with you any day :biggrin: you can live in my home in ireland/uni in bath and ill take your norwegian home :biggrin: just need to learn the language...

Lovely :awesome:
you should have raped her
Reply 105
Original post by Luceria
I don't think it's okay at all, as I've mentioned. Stop generalising.

Forgive me for not specifying the billions of people to whom my statement applied to and the thousands it did not. But it would have taken too long. You know, sometimes one has to generalise to make their point. And what I said it true, because it IS socially acceptable for a woman to hit a guy (at least, much more so than if a man hits a woman). If a guy hits a girl in a club, no matter what the reason, ****s not gonna go down well. If a girl hits a guy, we've seen it all before, no one cares.
Well she is completely in the wrong, but I would take a day or two or however long t takes to cool down, then meet up and tell each other calmly how you feel about it all etc, and see how it goes from there x
Good luck x
Reply 107
Original post by Luceria
Tehe. No problem... That's nice :smile:. I love Britain (if you're from Britain,lol). Huge Anglophile/Britainphile/Irelandphile.

Yeah, we have awesome teeth :biggrin:
Reply 108
Well she is guilty of being a bitch, not caring about you at all, and probably cheating on you (a friends birthday party? get real). But the slap is really irrelevant. Unless your gf is a female body builder, a slap wouldn't hurt, its no worse than a dirty look.
Reply 109
Original post by KayK
Yeah, we have awesome teeth :biggrin:

Tehe, yet another stereotype. But yes, Britain and Ireland :love:
Reply 110
Original post by Menakshelatte
1.why is she choosing her friend over you+ doing last minute cancelling?
2.why could you not be patient?
3.why did she slap you?
4.why are you exaggerating it so much?

maybe you should consider how frim and secure your relationship is.
it's just a slap done with anger..get over it and speak to eachother.talk about it.
unfortunatley thats rules guys.deal with it.if a guys slaps a girl it's a HUGE issue.
it a girl slap
,it could be talked about and research the reasons behind it.

Why does the gender of the person administering the slap come into it? Have you not heard of gender equality?
The relationship is like Manchester City's title hopes....................OVER!

She has disrespected you has a man, and a human being by raising her hand to you. If she had any respect for you one second before the slap, she doesn't have any now.

If you stay with her you may as well buy her a strap-on so she can go Potsma on your ass....................
Reply 112
Original post by edd360
Forgive me for not specifying the billions of people to whom my statement applied to and the thousands it did not. But it would have taken too long. You know, sometimes one has to generalise to make their point. And what I said it true, because it IS socially acceptable for a woman to hit a guy (at least, much more so than if a man hits a woman). If a guy hits a girl in a club, no matter what the reason, ****s not gonna go down well. If a girl hits a guy, we've seen it all before, no one cares.

Thousands? More than that. Yes, I know. But you come across as overly harsh. Calling everyone "bitches". Yes, I'm fully aware of this nasty double standard. Which both women and men are guilty of.
I can't believe that! You invited her to Paris and she's flaking for a friends birthday? Why is the birthday so important all of a sudden? Didn't you have this booked in advance? What an ungrateful bitch, I'd dump her.
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
I think you guys have issues.

Yeah well girls are smelly!
Reply 115
I always think of friends' birthday parties as pretty important, so when you said the thing about having a nice day in together I was ready to defend her (as it didn't sound like your plans were that important). But a trip to Paris that is booked and paid for is WAY beyond a friend's birthday party. And the slap was inexcusable.

I think you deserve one hell of an apology. I don't suppose you could switch the hotel room to a twin and take a mate instead? Take some time to think about what you want to do about your girlfriend - wait until the anger fades before deciding if you want to be in the relationship.
Well done for not hitting her back. You are not overreacting- of course you would be fuming! Not only did she cancel your plans, she even slapped you! She's really inconsiderate and ungrateful for cancelling your plans like that. If I were you I'd break up with her.
Reply 117
Original post by ShakeyJJ

Don't cancel the trip, go with somebody else. And don't just forgive her and have her back, she slapped you man! Give it time, if she's really sorry, you'll know it.

And good luck.
Reply 118
Original post by Luceria
I don't know. The very word itself has been destroyed. It's now throw around like a curse word. There is a lot of ignorance about it all. I'm a feminist in the equal right sense, and I don't have any male friends etc.
Don't see why that has anything to do with it.

Sorry, am tired as didnt sleep last night do you mean you dont see what it has to do with it in the sense about the feminist girl I knew with male friends?

I was inferring she saw herself as equal to the lads in the sense that she was just as capable as doing things as the men, therefore she was a feminist as she believed in equality, which in this sense meant getting drunk and being able to see the attractiveness in women(she wasnt lesbian)

I wouldnt say I was personally ignorant of feminism, yet my first experience of feminism was around the time I turned 12 and these feminists(they even called themselves that) were basically the "crazy ones" in the sense that everything was about finding a way to get one over on men and talk about how women are superior and men are useless.

There was this guy who worked as a manager in a cafe that was a drop in for people with mental health issues, even things like depression and he fell in love with a nurse at the hospital but the rules are people like that cant date so they grassed him up(and admitted it with big grins on their faces) then threw him a leaving party where in the speech said they would never let a man become high up in the staff ever again!

Which was proven when they started getting people on work experience from college and uni which were all female, and the main thing was when my dad applied for the managerial position, was hugely qualified, liked by the customers and the other staff bar the feminist high up ones but wasnt even given an interview and they self promoted one of their other feminist friends to the position who had no experience and was hated by the clients!

My dad took it to the employment tribunal and won and was in local papers at the time.

Needless to say that all of a sudden within a week or so a new male work experience person came on and he said on his first day that he was meant to be going somewhere else but they changed it at last minute with this girl in his class.

So I have personally seen and experienced the stereotype, in fact far more than once so those sort of feminists do exist.
Original post by PapaShmurff
Yeah well girls are smelly!

ooh you did not go there...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending