The Student Room Group

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Ryouga
Sorry, am tired as didnt sleep last night do you mean you dont see what it has to do with it in the sense about the feminist girl I knew with male friends?

I was inferring she saw herself as equal to the lads in the sense that she was just as capable as doing things as the men, therefore she was a feminist as she believed in equality, which in this sense meant getting drunk and being able to see the attractiveness in women(she wasnt lesbian)

I wouldnt say I was personally ignorant of feminism, yet my first experience of feminism was around the time I turned 12 and these feminists(they even called themselves that) were basically the "crazy ones" in the sense that everything was about finding a way to get one over on men and talk about how women are superior and men are useless.

There was this guy who worked as a manager in a cafe that was a drop in for people with mental health issues, even things like depression and he fell in love with a nurse at the hospital but the rules are people like that cant date so they grassed him up(and admitted it with big grins on their faces) then threw him a leaving party where in the speech said they would never let a man become high up in the staff ever again!

Which was proven when they started getting people on work experience from college and uni which were all female, and the main thing was when my dad applied for the managerial position, was hugely qualified, liked by the customers and the other staff bar the feminist high up ones but wasnt even given an interview and they self promoted one of their other feminist friends to the position who had no experience and was hated by the clients!

My dad took it to the employment tribunal and won and was in local papers at the time.

Needless to say that all of a sudden within a week or so a new male work experience person came on and he said on his first day that he was meant to be going somewhere else but they changed it at last minute with this girl in his class.

So I have personally seen and experienced the stereotype, in fact far more than once so those sort of feminists do exist.

Errr, they're lunatics. That's the common misconception and stereotype. It doesn't apply to everyone. Maybe a few insane ones (like you've demonstrated) but not all. Equal rights, that's all.
Reply 121
She was wrong to slap you. To be so selfish as to not consider you're plans or money is worrying. Perhaps she's got some things on her mind and thats how she's getting her feelings through.

But I'd love to go to Paris??
Original post by Roo Bix
Good post Neon, bit of rep for you there.

Hey thanks :smile:
It was really disrespectful of her to cancel on you and slap you. Dont act while you are still angry or with will make things worse. Take some time to cool down, and contact her when you are thinking more rationally. As you said you still ove her so maybe you can work through it but you guys need to talk and she needs to realise how out of line she was but don't go about it with blazing guns, just let her know that you were really hurt by her actions after you went to all that effort. Good luck
Reply 124
Hey,
I know you feel really confused at the minute, but what you have to think about is before the incident. Has she ever done that kind of thing before? Has she ever got really angry at you? Or was it totally out of character?
If nothing like this has ever happened in the past, I think you should try and talk to her about why she done it.
It all sounds a bit messed up, but you are human at the end of the day and you do have feelings for this girl even if you dont want to.
I think thats the thing about being in love, you just know what they are like and what they would and wouldnt do. You just have to read into the situation, and maybe ask her if anything has been on her mind that she would like to talk about.
I know you are looking for the esvape answer here to make everything ok, but you just have to do what you think is right and not what anyone else tells you. If she really loves you, im sure everything will get sorted out eventually. It may take some work, and a lot of long chats, but please dont give up without a fight for an explanation and how she feels about your relationship at the minute.

Sorry if I rambled on!
Good luck and let me know how it turns out :smile:
Original post by effofex
Why does the gender of the person administering the slap come into it? Have you not heard of gender equality?

Have you heard of tradition? or gentleman? that's the way it's been for so many years..and it's going to be.
a boy slapping a girl is like him wearong a wedding dress.wrong.
They dont have the same physical strength.plus the guys must be polite no matter what.This ofcourse does not make it ok for girls to use violence.
but it will never be the same.
Reply 126
People under-estimate the power of the girl slap. They hurt like a b*tch from my experience...

ANYWAY

For now cool off. Wait for an apology and if you want to be together with her then accept it and forget about it. If she doesn't apologise then forget about her, you have every right to be angry at her if she knew about your plans and she immediatley disregarded them because it was her friends birthday.
Tell her how you feel.

1. She shouldn't have touched you!!

2. You were doing something nice for her and she obviously didn't care.

Confront her about it. If she can't listen, tell her where to go kmt
It doesn't sound like your gf cares for you much if I'm being honest. It also sounds like she's got a violent streak to her, I mean for her to slap you. That's not really normal.
Spoof thread or the actual girlfriend? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1496671
Probs gonna neg the **** out of you when I next can.
Reply 131
This is the best trolling I've seen in a while
The fact the girlfriend ain't commented on this yet tends to suggest the other thread is just a spoof.
Can I just say, fantastic trolling good sir/madam :holmes:
Reply 134
How could she slap!?
Original post by Melanie-v
That was really rude of her, especially if she didn't offer to pay for the cancellation. Did she?
You two had the prior plans, and they weren't just something minor.

Maybe she didn't really mean to slap you, and just lost it or whatever. Is she always that emotional? Leave it for a few days and tell her how you feel. Then see.

I wonder if you would be some calm and rational if the guy had been the one to do the slapping.

well then seeing as its now the 21st century and its all equal rights he should been well within his rights to slap her back. :rolleyes:

Her slapping him is not a little thing, i dont care how pissed off she was - she could have got up and left. In the arguement of who was more at fault - she was. Words said in the heat of the moment in one thing but assualt is something else.

OP personally the way she ahs acted would be a deal breaker and i wouldnt cancel the trip, id go and take a friend with me- but id let them the situation before hand, turning round to a mate male or female and going "im going to paris wanna come, btw we will in the same hotel room sharing a bed" is a bit of a wierd thing to land on someone
Don't stupid *****es realise that domestic violence is never justified?

Even when the genders are reversed.

Makes me sick.
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend came over this afternoon, thought we'd have a nice day in...until she casually tells me that she's effectively cancelling the plans we'd already made because it's her friends birthday party.

I have booked a trip to paris to stay there for 3 nights and she knows about this plan for a month now. I'm covering all the expenses, it's all coming out of my wallet. Not only am I really disappointed that she's choosing a friend's birthday party over spending a weekend away with me (although I wouldn't mind IF my plan was flexible, which it isn't because it's booked so it has to be cancelled).

She told me I can cancel the bookings, which is true...but then I'm charged a damn cancellation fee from the hotel which is a lot of money, WASTED money! Naturally I got really angry about this and I hated that she's not even considering 1. my feelings and 2. my money!

We started arguing a lot and had a heated exchange and I said "piss off to your friend then I can't stand the sight of you" which I agree was very rude of me but she slapped me across the face for it!!!

I was just shocked and froze, never expected her to do this and she never has in all the time we've been together (it's a long relationship). I was SO angry I was just fuming and I think she got scared just from the look on my face, so I told her to leave before this gets from bad to worse.

She kept ringing and texting after but I switched the phone off and went to sleep so that I can cool off instead of having a slagging match via text.

Now I don't know what to do, I said some bad things but I can't believe she slapped me. I feel so disrespected and although I really love her this is just something I can't let pass. I'm facing the dilemma now, to follow my feelings and forgive her and just put it behind us or to follow my principles and stand up for my dignity by leaving her.

I feel so annoyed that all this has come about from something that should have been a romantic trip away, instead it's led to this disaster.

I really need some advice on how to approach the situation please, would appreciate your views on what would be the right thing to do because I don't want to act irrationally in this anger.

thanks.

You sound like an honourable man, and your "girlfriend" of yours sounds like such a bitch.

You deserve better. Get rid.
Equality of the sexes, here's what you do-

1) Get her pregnant
2) Be fully supportive of her decision to keep the child, promising to be a fantastic father
3) At the start of the third trimester, FALCON PUNCH ABORTION
Original post by effofex
I think the word is Eirophile. (sorry to be pedantic!)

More like Hibernophile. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I do agree with some of the other responses her. Find a girl that likes you, take her to Paris and absolutely shag her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending