The Student Room Group

Do shy, quiet girls go unnoticed, even if they are pretty?

If there's a really pretty girl, but she is very quiet and lacks confidence, at work or uni, will people not notice her? I know the loud confident ones are more likely to become 'well known' in any uni or workplace, and quiet ones are less likely to be noticed, but does being pretty get you noticed anyway? I'm friends with this girl who everyone I know thinks is stunning, but she is very quiet. I found out she lives in the same halls as one of my male friends. I asked him and his friends if they knew her and they had no idea who she was. I then introduced them to her and they didn't recognise her at all and they were really shocked because they all thought she was really pretty and thought they would have noticed her straight away (especially since there are only about 200 of them in their halls).

Have you ever noticed this sort of thing?

Scroll to see replies

No, if a girls pretty they generally get hit on regardless of their quiet and shy nature.
Reply 2
Yes. I have noticed that.
Reply 3
I think it's fair to say there are lots of girls around that are under-appreciated.
These girls give me hope.
Countless times I've noticed really pretty girls who seem to be shy, quiet, etc. So yes.
No chance.

Some guy will intercept her pretty soon.
Reply 7
Nope. Consider it beneficial to you - if she's quiet and reserved, she's very likely to be attracting less male attention which leaves the field clear for you.
Reply 8
Original post by Lust of a Gardener
No chance.

OT, but your dog is so cute :love:
Reply 9
No chance.

Awww, your dog is absolutely adorable. :love:
Original post by ranbow99
OT, but your dog is so cute :love:

Original post by .Heather.
Awww, your dog is absolutely adorable. :love:

He gets away with everything because of his cuteness!
well i am extremely shy with almost everyone but i get told alot im attractive
from my point of view i get alot of male attention, but i also think guys are just after sex with me and more likely to 'try it on' because of my quiet nature. i get the feeling guys would fear rejection, be shyer with louder girls.

but i do go unnoticed also and get pretty much ignored by girls. i always end up talkin to guys more cuz they make the effort whereas girls dont.
Reply 12
He gets away with everything because of his cuteness!

I can see why :biggrin:
Did he make it to the top of the mountain?
If there's a pretty girl about myself and my fellow men will seek her out :holmes:
Reply 14
I'm quite shy, but I don't mind not getting much attention because of it since I know that the guy that likes me for who I am, with my shyness and necroses, will be a keeper :smile:
Reply 15
I find this type of girls more atractive!
I find one of the most nice things in a girl is her womenhood.
Yes I know Im kind of a strange guy :biggrin:
It depends whether she has a decent personality and is up for a bit of a flirt... Quiet and lacks confidence can sound nice on paper but in reality they have to be someone you can have fun with that reciprocates!
Original post by cylon
I find this type of girls more atractive!
I find one of the most nice things in a girl is her womenhood.
Yes I know Im kind of a strange guy :biggrin:

Her womenhood? :lolwut: .
Original post by Anonymous
If there's a really pretty girl, but she is very quiet and lacks confidence, at work or uni, will people not notice her? I know the loud confident ones are more likely to become 'well known' in any uni or workplace, and quiet ones are less likely to be noticed, but does being pretty get you noticed anyway? I'm friends with this girl who everyone I know thinks is stunning, but she is very quiet. I found out she lives in the same halls as one of my male friends. I asked him and his friends if they knew her and they had no idea who she was. I then introduced them to her and they didn't recognise her at all and they were really shocked because they all thought she was really pretty and thought they would have noticed her straight away (especially since there are only about 200 of them in their halls).

Have you ever noticed this sort of thing?

Yep, the girl I like is so shy its ridiculous! She is absolutely stunning too. I prefer these kinda girls to the more loud ones :smile:
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Her womenhood? :lolwut: .

Yeah whereas most males may be breast guys, or maybe like a girl with good legs, he just goes straight for the vagina.

Latest

Trending

Trending