The Student Room Group

Girls - does baldness put you off even if...

... the guy is making you laugh and being quite charming? If you get along with him? Is he automatically put in the ficticious 'friend zone' due to him not being strikingly good looking?

I am purely curious as to how much baldness affects an early 20's 'average' looking guy who is better in other departments.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's that bad? :P
Reply 2
Yes.
Reply 3
Bald and black goes down well I notice.
Get a wig? :dontknow: It definitely puts me off.
the only bald people i know are all old so i can't say... right now i'd say yes but that's only because i haven't met anyone around my age who was completely bald. thats just me though, i know there are a lot of bald(ing) guys in their 20s.
Sorry, but it does.
Reply 7
Yeah sorry to say I really love a full mane and big hair. Not really a fan of the shaved head or balding heads. Mind you it looks better if you shave the whole thing off rather than having receding hairline.
Reply 8
i guess it depends on the guy, there are some guy who look much better bald than with hair, and some just don't. vin diesel wouldn't look good to me with hair hahaha
Reply 9
Personally I prefer guys with longer hair - just above the shoulder maybe.
But being in an mainly girl populated 6th form, I've noticed a lot of girls actually like the bald look.

But I agree it does depend on whether it actually suits the guy or not.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
... the guy is making you laugh and being quite charming? If you get along with him? Is he automatically put in the ficticious 'friend zone' due to him not being strikingly good looking?

I am purely curious as to how much baldness affects an early 20's 'average' looking guy who is better in other departments.

Not going to lie, love thick hair on a man, but I find baldness to be strangely manly and I appreciate manliness SOOO much more than being "good looking". Actually, I'm not really attracted to typically good looking men, I find they look too boyish.
Reply 11
Baldness would put me off. :/
bald heads look good on black guys

white people look terrible with thinning hair, (I think because the scalp is either VERY white or Pink, due to uneven exposure to sunlight) and unfortunatly it affects the white male the most!

my dad is bald, and he is 50, so I probably will be too in the future. I will hate it, as I think my hair is one of my best features.

My best friend is 22 and he's losing ALOT of hair at the front of his head, I can tell he hates it, poor guy. I think his mum said she was thinking about getting him a hair transplant for his next birthday, lol quite funny, but if it makes him happy.....

OP, if u are balding, best to get a comb over (that looks half decent) hair transplant or shave your head so it looks like its intentional.
Reply 13
Girls I don't know rub my head quite a lot; not in the street or anything, but if I'm at the pub, in the canteen at college, at a festival etc. It's usually accompanied by giggling, and "oooh, spikey", or "Sorry, couldn't help myself" or some such.

I like being bald.
If you're balding, the best product to use is Nanogen Hair Fibres. They look totally naturally and give the appearance of a full head of hair to cover bald patches.

But being balding isn't a bad thing....it never did Phil Collins any harm. You can make up for being bald by having a great, charming, romantic personality. After all, being bald doesn't make you a worse lover.
So if your dad had hair it'd put you off every bloke with hair?
Laughter doesn't make me want to have sex with someone.
Reply 17
It would depend if it suited them because some guys can pull it off and others cant..
Original post by Pink Bullets
Laughter doesn't make me want to have sex with someone.

:eek:

but agreed.
Reply 19
Thanks girls, the unanimous decision seems to be bald is offputting.

So add that to the list:

Tall
Broad shoulders / strong arms
Dark hair
Full head of think hair

All of which are genetic. Yay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending