The Student Room Group

I lost my virginity and I regret it

Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.

Scroll to see replies

First off, I'm not Muslim so I'm not judging, but from what I know if you drink alcohol and are not opposed to pre-marital sex then you don't really follow Islam? So am I right in thinking that you don't agree with your parents views? Because it is your own life, you don't have to follow a religion or marry a particular guy if you don't want to.

And if all else fails, just remember to purchase some fake blood before your wedding night.
Reply 2
Perhaps you should have just said no?
This probably isn't what you want to hear but there's nothing you can do about it now- you can't get back your virginity. The only thing you can do is make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Original post by Anonymous
Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.

You gave yourself away very cheap. Did you feel that dignity die away? All for just a few moments? Sex ain't the be all.

Edit: you're not a Muslim anyway so don't deceive a Muslim guy in to a fake marriage and ruin his life too. Have some balls and stand up to your parents or move out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5

Two words: Honor Bait

Enough of this nonsense.. Not being a virgin does not make you any less valuable compare to anyone else.

Btw. OP what was your intention of creating this post? guilt or maybe venting off ? humility ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Take it back? Just kidding. :biggrin:

Well, I guess there is nothing you can do. I don't think anyone will know if you had sex unless you tell them.
Reply 7
Original post by *Dreaming*
First off, I'm not Muslim so I'm not judging, but from what I know if you drink alcohol and are not opposed to pre-marital sex then you don't really follow Islam? So am I right in thinking that you don't agree with your parents views? Because it is your own life, you don't have to follow a religion or marry a particular guy if you don't want to.

And if all else fails, just remember to purchase some fake blood before your wedding night.

I have to marry a muslim no matter what. I don't see why :s-smilie: but my parents want me to and there is no way I can disagree with them on this. I don't believe in islam but I don't want to lose my family over religion
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight

Oh my days, that made me laugh so hard. Thank you.
Original post by silent ninja
This is one reason why you should not visit clubs as this is one of the main reasons people visit; you step in mud you're gonna get dirty.

My friends and I don't visit clubs to get laid...
I have to marry a muslim no matter what. I don't see why :s-smilie: but my parents want me to and there is no way I can disagree with them on this. I don't believe in islam but I don't want to lose my family over religion

So you'd lose your family just because you don't want to marry a Muslim guy? (unless if you happen to fall in love with a Muslim of course.) Have you spoken to them about it? I can only imagine that if you marry an Islamic husband but you don't actually believe in Islam then that would cause a lot of problems :s-smilie:

I don't give a **** if it's your religion.

Its your life. Do what you want to do. You've made a cracking start so far...

And whats wrong with just not telling anyone?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
pretend it never happend, easy for some, may not be for you
Original post by pippa90
My friends and I don't visit clubs to get laid...

Lots, I'd say the VAST majority, do. The percentage is higher with guys. I didn't mean to offend :smile:
ANON PLEASE as this is personal advice and I am not one who wants to be seen forcing views on others. :smile:

The best thing for you to do is learn from you mistake.

"Forgiveness is not for those who do ill until death faces one of them, who then says, 'Lo! I repent now, nor for those who die as disbelievers, for such we have prepared a painful doom.'" (4:18)

Do not dwell on how the past has affected your future, let it make you a stronger person. Do not let others hold this against you as

Ch 64 Verse: 14 O ye who believe! truly among your wives and your children are (some that are) enemies to yourselves: so beware of them! But if ye forgive and overlook and cover up (their faults) verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

Ch: 24 Verse:22 Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen those in want and those who have left their homes in Allah's cause: let them forgive and overlook: do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.

These are just two quotes, there are many more touching upon the issue of redeeming oneself from sin and forgiving others who have sinned.
Original post by silent ninja
Lots, I'd say the VAST majority, do. The percentage is higher with guys. I didn't mean to offend :smile:

I know LOADS of people that don't. So no, not the vast majority :smile:
Original post by pippa90
I know LOADS of people that don't. So no, not the vast majority :smile:

Maybe not directly on that very night, but one way or another in my experience most people do go for that reason.
So? Oh well. You've been screwed, ololol
Reply 18

Ah who cares, what's the difference between the first time and all the other times. You're always going to have meaningless, boring or stupid sex sometime. Who cares whether the first time is or not.

So you're not a muslim.

Don't marry a muslim man as that is pure deception. You are not a muslim so don't pretend to be one. He wants a muslim wife and you're not one so don't ruin anybody else's life over your lack of balls, so to speak, to stand up to your parents. That would make you the biggest hypocrite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending