The Student Room Group

Why do women think their ugly when their not

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
They're = They are
Original post by Cool story bro
Chav. I ****ing hate the labour government and the scumbags such as yourself it has produced.

Yes, I'm a chav. :rolleyes:

You've got a lot to learn in life mate, don't make stupid assumptions based on what people say on forums.
Original post by ChaoticSkills
FFS, I just dont get this, you tell them their sexy, gorgeus, pretty etc. But their like:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo I'm soo ugly, I'm butters, no one will want me" etc etc.

I just dont get it, even if a woman is really attractive they wont be able to comprehend it. FFS, I thought I had confidence issues, but these type of girls are 10 times worse.

Whats even more annoying, is when someone asks them out they go "he's not my type" WTF, you complain that you're ugly, then you spread the same sentiment to someone whos trying to get close to them.

Is it really difficult to find a girl whos unaware of her looks :confused: or are the majority of women like this help me out here :confused:

I'd go for an 'average' girl over a super hot girl, that was unsure about her appearance. Yeah, I think that because theres less drama involved :h:

I can explain this...

"I'm ugly."
"NO YOU'RE NOT, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!"
"No...I am ugly."
"No, you're beautiful!"

God help the guy is he doesn't reply/replies with "Yes, you're ugly." GOD HELP HIM! :ninja:
Original post by fran.ha
Probably just because we have to look at gorgeous airbrushed women every day so the concept of natural beauty is not deemed attractive.

I know. What could be sexier than a wildebeest?
Original post by ChaoticSkills
Yes, I'm a chav. :rolleyes:

You've got a lot to learn in life mate, don't make stupid assumptions based on what people say on forums.

Bet you're a muslim too.
Original post by Cool story bro
Bet you're a muslim too.

What difference does it make?

My faith is irrelevant to this thread.

Edit: Don't feed the troll.
(edited 13 years ago)
Bishes want compliments, and for you to be their bish.

The hot ones who actually think they're ugly are awesome. Not too many of them around though :frown:
Reply 67
Because we see beautiful women in the media all the time and are constantly told how we are not good enough as we are. If we aren't wearing this outfit then we are not good enough; if we can't get into a size 4 dress, then we are not good enough; if we are looking a little run down one day then we are not good enough. This is also reflected in the way women treat each other. The lonely "not fashion conscious" girl can't walk passed a group of "Barbie" girls with out sneers, comments and snobbery.
Men don't seem to understand how hurtful it is when a woman notices that her boyfriend/husband/whatever is staring at other woman. We know it's an evolutionary thing and it's only natural but guaranteed the first thing that woman will think is, "I'm not as good as her. Why am I not as good as her? Does he want to leave me for her?" Paranoia then follows and this leads to crash diets, depression and can cause so much strain on the relationship that the guy DOES leave and then the woman is convinced it's because she wasn't good enough and the whole cycle begins anew.

In short, modern woman are screwed up :P
Woman are easily swayed by outside influences, it warps their views to make them think that they're ugly when they aren't.
Reply 69
Original post by Anonymous
It pisses me off as well, there is a girl at uni who is genuinely stunning, all us guys are after and she is one of the prettiest girls here, and she kept on saying all day yesterday about how fat she was and ugly, and I don't know what the **** her standards are. I just don't get it.

Like you say guys have confidence issues, but that is nothing compared to women, and even the really fit ones. I don't know how skinny they want to be to actually always think they are fat. Too skinny looks awful dammit!

body dismorphia :frown:
Because they're attention seeking bitches. That's why.
Partly due to some female social thing we have going on. We have little discussions amongst ourselves that basically go "I hate my nose/thighs/tummy/bum", and everyone else chips in with their body bugbear. If someone was to go "Actually, I think I'm not bad looking" they'd be branded as up themselves and big headed. It's kinda threatening to the other people who've been putting themselves down I guess... cos you're bigging yourself up and therefore you appear to be saying you're better than them.
Plus going "I hate my nose/thighs/tummy/bum" is liable to get the response "Nooooo! Your nose/thighs/tummy/bum is fiiiiiine!" Even if it's not sincere, we get a kick out of it. If this is basically all your friends talk about, it becomes all you think about too, and you end up getting disproportionally worried about how other people see you.
I often get moments where I look in the mirror and go "Eww...", but I do get good moments too where I feel genuinely pretty and maybe a bit sexy :P They're very refreshing. But still, I regularly contribute to these "put-down discussions". I know what my bad points are, I just say I hate them more than I actually do. I'm probably not alone. Because hyperbole is totally the most amazing thing ever!!!
Original post by RequiemForADream
Hideously ugly?! Puhlease :rolleyes:

Thanks. :rolleyes:
Fishing for ****ing compliments.
Original post by Peachykeen09
Thanks. :rolleyes:

...You're welcome
Reply 75
Girls, especially, always call other girls pretty regardless of whether they are. It becomes hard to trust the sincerity of these comments.
Reply 76
Well how would you act if a girl went around saying how hot she was? It would annoy you more.
When it's people openly whining about it, for attention and for people to say "ahh no you're not!" etc. When you honestly believe that you're ugly and fat, it's ashaming and embarassing and you want to hide it and try and pretend it's not true. Because you believe that people will secretly agree, not disagree, so why on EARTH draw attention to it?

But as for self esteem as a whole...years of conditioning. I was unlucky enough to grow up with a sister who would regularly detail how ugly I was, from the years of being young enough to not care to beginning to care. Thus, now it's simply embedded in my brain.
And the media and how generally materialistic, shallow etc society is now, definitely does not help.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending