The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
I've just been told by a hospital in England that my application for work exp has been successful, but I'd have to get flights and things... I didn't really expect it to be successful and now I'm frantically looking at flights and don't know if I'll be flying over by myself or what :s-smilie:
Reply 521
Original post by Stegosaurus
Letter to the practice worked for me! If you can find out who the office manager/practice manager is, they're probably the best person to write to.
You can look a practice's details up at http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories

thanks lol , you are the best!
Reply 522
Original post by cashy
Best way to contact GP's?

i just called up a surgery in the area, spoke to the receptionist and she put me on the gp's call list for the end of the day... next thing i know he phones me up and asks me whether i'd like to do it the week after :smile: just phone up and ask, there's nothing to lose.
Original post by cz100
I've just been told by a hospital in England that my application for work exp has been successful, but I'd have to get flights and things... I didn't really expect it to be successful and now I'm frantically looking at flights and don't know if I'll be flying over by myself or what :s-smilie:

Oooh, congrats! :biggrin: Ooh, but how much will this cost? It can be quite expensive!
Reply 524
Original post by JChoudhry
Oooh, congrats! :biggrin: Ooh, but how much will this cost? It can be quite expensive!

I know, just the plane ticket'll be over £100, and then there'll be accommodation and things too. Have to be extra nice to mum and dad for a while :redface:
Original post by cz100
I know, just the plane ticket'll be over £100, and then there'll be accommodation and things too. Have to be extra nice to mum and dad for a while :redface:

Where there's a will there's a way :yy:
Original post by cz100

:giggle: A lot of sucking up to do :p: I'd be more worried about accommodation if I were you :p: Where abouts is this, just curious.

I'm still looking for a place to work. Anyone know any place in London that I could call up? :smile: Much appreciated if someone could point me somewhere
Reply 527
:ninja:
Reply 528
Original post by JChoudhry
:giggle: A lot of sucking up to do :p: I'd be more worried about accommodation if I were you :p: Where abouts is this, just curious.

I'm still looking for a place to work. Anyone know any place in London that I could call up? :smile: Much appreciated if someone could point me somewhere

It's in Surrey somewhere, so that's in the south of England I think. My geography is quite bad :colondollar:
Original post by cz100
It's in Surrey somewhere, so that's in the south of England I think. My geography is quite bad :colondollar:

Isn't Surrey south-west of London? :tongue:
Reply 530
Original post by thegodofgod
Isn't Surrey south-west of London? :tongue:

But London is in the south of England (well south-east)
Reply 531
anyone else finding it REALLY hard to get work experience! I'm really worried :O
Reply 532
why you guys finding it hard ?
Reply 533
Original post by fruitfan
why you guys finding it hard ?

ive been phoning alot of places..they have been saying you need to be 18 or we are fully booked! I have one week in Radiology at a hospital...im looking to get one more week in a hospital, 3 days in a GP, 1 week in a Care home and also im volunteering every Saturday at a Charity Shop..wish me luck! :smile:
Original post by t_star
ive been phoning alot of places..they have been saying you need to be 18 or we are fully booked! I have one week in Radiology at a hospital...im looking to get one more week in a hospital, 3 days in a GP, 1 week in a Care home and also im volunteering every Saturday at a Charity Shop..wish me luck! :smile:

Thats more than enough! way more than i had..
D: I am a desperate hopeful :biggrin: whether i actually get the grades to apply is another thing :frown:
Up in Scotland it has become quite difficult to find work experience if you are a mature applicant... I'm going to write a general letter and send it to a hundred places this year. I WILL FIND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Original post by cz100
But London is in the south of England (well south-east)

Fine :hmmm:
Wow I feel bad for everyone getting unfortunate with the work experience, everywhere I've applied to has been fine with it :colone:
Original post by Normandy114
Wow I feel bad for everyone getting unfortunate with the work experience, everywhere I've applied to has been fine with it :colone:

Some areas are like that :rolleyes: It really should be standardised across the UK to give everyone an equal chance...

Latest

Trending

Trending