The Student Room Group

Would you rather be Strong? or Fast? POLL

Poll

Would you rather be Fast or Strong?

If you could ask God to be gifted with strength (able to deadlift 250 kg), or fast (able to run 5k in 15 minutes) which would you choose?

Personally I think strong people are superior, seeing a man press 250 kg over his head, or heave nearly 500 kg off the ground is far more awe inspiring to me, than seeing a bloke run 5k at the pace i do 100 metres.

Strong people are have better success with women, ladies are always crawling over the men with guns, whereas skinny runner boys end up in the corner of a sausage fest, intimidated by strapping young men like myself.

I mean who would you allie yourself with? the strong man or the runner?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I swear you made a thread a while back asking how you could make yourself look less skinny on a night out...
Strong and fast.

But I wouldn't classify myself as either of these. :nn:

From the poll, I'd pick strong and slow.
Reply 3
Original post by Blackspur
I swear you made a thread a while back asking how you could make yourself look less skinny on a night out...

well matt griff said i'm skinny..
Strong and slow.

You can be strong and fast though.
Well since I'm already strong by your definition, I'd ask him to gift me with speed, then I'd be fast and strong.
String and slow sounds good.
Reply 7
Why can't I have both?
Agility will come in handy for the zombie apocalypse
Reply 9
Original post by Nizzay!
Why can't I have both?

Because it's a hypothetical question interested in which you'd prefer if you could only be one or the other.
Reply 10
Fast and week. That way I can run away from the strong people.
Reply 11
Fast and weak, so I can run away from danger. :redface:
I'd rather be strong than fast but ideally I'd like a balance between the two :smile:
Strong and fast, then I could do black face at fancy dress parties without it being racist.
Reply 14
I would like to be strong, faster.
And faster too
at fasting.
I was not aware string could run at different speeds. Or run at all, for that matter.
Original post by SummerSofas
If you could ask God to be gifted with strength (able to deadlift 250 kg), or fast (able to run 5k in 15 minutes) which would you choose?

Personally I think strong people are superior, seeing a man press 250 kg over his head, or heave nearly 500 kg off the ground is far more awe inspiring to me, than seeing a bloke run 5k at the pace i do 100 metres.

Strong people are have better success with women, ladies are always crawling over the men with guns, whereas skinny runner boys end up in the corner of a sausage fest, intimidated by strapping young men like myself.

I mean who would you allie yourself with? the strong man or the runner?

Strong implies more mass which follows to more gravitational force (Speaking macroscopically) hence I shall vote for strong.

Strong for I will have greater force of attraction.

See what I did there ^ ? ^.^

Which is worth awing at ? a giant star ,pulses off a neutron star or black hole ? :colone:
(edited 13 years ago)
Fast, definitely. I quite like running, I just don't like being slow and getting exhausted really quickly because I'm currently really unfit. Although being strong would be useful when I was lifting dive tanks around (those things weigh a fair bit you know :lol:) Nah, I'd want to be fast. Since I'm a girl, I think running away from someone trying to hit me would be most useful. Then they'd never catch me and I wouldn't have to get myself in **** for beating someone up, which would probably happen if I was really strong. A balance would be nice though.

Plus, you're wrong, not all girls fall all over strong guys. I think male runners are way hotter than weightlifters. Kinda weird-looking seeing guys with unnaturally large muscles. Like they try too hard. Not my thing, but I'm not stopping anyone.
Reply 18
I would say fast, because then i could run away and I'd be able to run marathons and do Ironmans and stuff so that would be cool (personal dream of mine)
However being strong would mean MUSCLES and i would give almost anything for pecs and actual abs lol
Reply 19
being 'fast' has nothing to do with being able to run 5k in 15 minutes. Fast is about max speed and accelaration, attributes that are important in short sprints (100m, 200m). there's a positive correlation between being fast and being strong as you will have more fast twitch fibres. So y not be both?

Quick Reply

Latest