The Student Room Group

Parents suspect i'm gay because i've never had a girlfriend

I'm not gay; i'm attracted to women, but i've never had a girlfriend. Not because i don't want a girlfriend, but for some reason it just has not happened. The problem is my family and a few others i know think i'm a closet gay because i have never had any type o relationship other than as a friend with a girl...

Obviously the best way to solve this problem would be to meet a girl, but presuming that will not happen any time soon, what can i do??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't let it get to you. All in good time, I'm sure you'll meet a great girl and everything will work out fine :smile: and your parents will see that you're not gay. If it really bothers you, you could just talk to them and imply (or just say straight out) that you're not gay, or for example if you were watching a film with a good looking actress, comment on her or something... Just little hints here and there, haha. My brother's never had a girlfriend but I know he's not gay, I'm sure he'll meet someone eventually. It's all good, don't worry about a thing :smile:
Reply 2
tbh the only way to convince them you're not gay is to bed a women as the good lord intended :cool:

everything else you try will just make you look like you're deeper in the closet

oh and stop doing ballet and saying everything is "fabulous" that might help too. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Yeah this is sort of what's happening to me. My mum is sure I'm a lesbian because I've never had a proper boyfriend. I would like one but, like you, it just hasn't happened yet
Roll with it, it's fun to mess with heads.
I think a lot of people have had that. I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you were gay, it's not really any of their business.
Reply 6
Put up a load of posters of naked women in your room.
Pot calling the kettle black.
My Mum routinely asks if I am a lesbian. Or if I like boys :rolleyes: I think it's just a nosey parent thing :tongue:
Home made sex doll.

That should put em right.
Reply 10
Love the username, some drink coffee, some drink tea, a handy metaphore for sexuality
my parents thought this of me so I got them back good and proper.

Got a girlfriend just after I finished school, aged 16 we both were. I was with her for a few months and stayed over hers for the weekend. I then text them to say 'i need to tell you something' and turned my phone off.

I got home in the evening and they said so what is it you want to tell us. I said 'my girlfriend is pregnant and she's keeping it. Im not going to college now as I have to get a job to support her and the baby'.

Should have seen the look on their faces. Priceless!

Giving me the speech of 'we told you not to be messing around with girls at your age and ruining your life. We told you to focus on your education and now you've gone and screwed everything up'.

Then I told them ' well you kept calling me gay and saying I'd never settle down so its your fault and you've made me do this '

they just sat their silent. I was dying to laugh my head off! Then eventually I told them I was messing and that they shouldn't just assume things. That'll teach them!
Original post by clara78
Do you have any self-respect? women are not sex objects!

of course they are!

women often object to sex!
Just dont worry. I've had girlfriend's, yet still some people think I'm gay because I talk a bit gay haha, did I just say that?
Original post by clara78
Do you have any self-respect? women are not sex objects!

It's just one way of proving to people that he's not gay. My personal opinions on the matter don't really come into it.
My mother once told me "We wouldn't love you any less if you were a lesbian". :facepalm2:

Sigh :colonhash:
My mum thinks I'm gay too :frown: this is in spite of the fact I bring a lot of women home... I must be over-compensating or something :lol:
Original post by clara78
incompetent

assumption!
Reply 18
Original post by tehFrance
My mum thinks I'm gay too :frown: this is in spite of the fact I bring a lot of women home... I must be over-compensating or something :lol:

Maybe the women look like men :dontknow:
Why does this matter at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending