The Student Room Group

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels?

Just curious :smile:!
Personally, I find tampons so much easier. But a few people I know won't/don't use them - if this is you, why not??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What kind of thread is this..?
Sanitary towels, I always think tampons would be uncomfortable after a long time. :smile:
I recently started using tampons and they're far easier than pads..... Pads are so messy and i never feel clean...

Tampons ftw
Reply 4
Ahh, you can tell it's Sunday...
Towels as I don't know how to use tampons.
Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!
Reply 7
Towels. I've tried tampons but they were really uncomfortable for me.
Reply 8
Original post by aeterno
Ahh, you can tell it's Sunday...

:lol: this.
I never have used tampons (I sort of tried once).. I want to though, god it would be so much easier! I guess I'm just kinda scared? Yeah I'm an idiot...
Definitely going to give it another go, when I have my next period!
Tampons. I hate towels, they make me feel like I'm wearing a nappy :yucky:
Thought one was a polite way of saying the other. Huh.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I never have used tampons (I sort of tried once).. I want to though, god it would be so much easier! I guess I'm just kinda scared? Yeah I'm an idiot...
Definitely going to give it another go, when I have my next period!

Lol, yeah I was scared too at first. Just keep trying and make sure you read the instructions properly!
Original post by Charlotteeee<3
Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!

That means they are not inserted far enough. When they are inserted properly you cannot feel them at all :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Charlotteeee<3

means you haven't put them in far enough :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by snowyowl
Tampons. I hate towels, they make me feel like I'm wearing a nappy :yucky:

Yes, this exactly! I always feel disgusting wearing them 0.o
Original post by Naomiimoan
What kind of thread is this..?

A thread with a lot of anon going on :tongue:

I use both - tampons only when it's REALLY heavy like gushing and gushing out of me like a TAP like it always is at the start of my period. :biggrin:
Then after a couple of days when there's hardly anything left only smidgens I use towels becasue it's not good to use tampons on a really light flow, and I'd forget to change them often if I didn't need to.

I tried to make that post as disgusting as possible by the way. :colondollar:
Why is this a two-choice question when there are other options? :frown: Dislike.
Reply 18
Yea, i have towels for emergencys but i couldnt wear them all the time. It feels like a nappy and you're just sitting on a dirty pad. ewww
Towels.

I have really irregular periods though so I don't have to wear them often. If they get more regular I think I'll give the mooncup a try :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending