The Student Room Group

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels?

Scroll to see replies

My period, is so heavy that I need to have tampons and pads for the first day and changing every hour =/

However on the second and third day, it's verry light that it's pointless using tampons and I just go to using pads.
Reply 61
Mooncup, and towels sometimes at night. My period is pretty light now, due to being on the pill.
(edited 13 years ago)
I use sanitary towels, I have tried tampons in the past and have not gotten on well with them. I fainted :eek::confused:
Original post by blinkbelle
Mooncup FTW xx

This! I've never looked back :smile:
Original post by NellGwynne
Sanitary towels are dirty - well, the idea if you leave them on for like a few hours.

Tampons are the more, cleaner option.

The thought of putting something that will collect up blood that will eventually dry inside myself sounds much dirtier to me than letting it out of my body, personally.

It's only dirty if you don't change them very often, but then the same can be said for tampons. It's a personal choice.... they're both just as bad as each other, it's blood at the end of the day.
Original post by Anonymous
I find the idea of walking around going about my business with something... lodged up there disturbing in a way I can't explain.

Also, this is probably dumb, but I'm not sure what to do with them once they're out. I know you can't flush them down the toilet, so presumably wrap it up in tissue and take it to a bin? But I imagine it would take a fair bit of tissue to stop it soaking through... and I wouldn't want to put that **** in my pocket on the way back to my room from the loo, ewwww. See with pads I just put it in the plastic wrapper of the next one and it's all sealed and safely contained.

It wouldn't soak into the tissue because tampons soak it up, it doesn't sit on the outside. Wrapping in a small bit of tissue works great.
But, get a bin in the bathroom?
Original post by aeterno
Ahh, you can tell it's Sunday...

A lazy one at that :nopity:
Original post by Emaemmaemily
It wouldn't soak into the tissue because tampons soak it up, it doesn't sit on the outside. Wrapping in a small bit of tissue works great.
But, get a bin in the bathroom?

Ah, well, that makes sense I guess.
I don't want to buy a bin for the bathroom especially so close to the end of the year. Once I've moved out then perhaps I'll give it a go.
My period is pretty light these days anyway though, so pads work fine for me as it is, not that bothered.
I don't want to buy a bin for the bathroom especially so close to the end of the year. Once I've moved out then perhaps I'll give it a go.
My period is pretty light these days anyway though, so pads work fine for me as it is, not that bothered.

I just change it in my room.... keep of roll of loo roll in your room and if you think you need to change it/go to the toilet and find out you need to change it, just go back to your room and change it there...
Reply 69
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Because if you can still feel it you haven't put it in far enough, you just need to try again.

I know but I don't know how to get it in further! Gah!! They make me so angry!! :p:
Both!

Heavy flow.
Reply 71
I use both because the last few days it's not heavy enough to use tampons, and the first day or 2 are too heavy for pads. Gross I know but you did ask XD
Towels, tampons scare me :L
Original post by Philbert
Mooncup, and towels sometimes at night. My period is pretty light now, due to being on the pill.

Do you use reusable pads?xx
Reply 74
Original post by S_123
I know but I don't know how to get it in further! Gah!! They make me so angry!! :p:

Do you use applicator tampons? That should push them far enough...

Original post by Leahcar
I use both because the last few days it's not heavy enough to use tampons, and the first day or 2 are too heavy for pads. Gross I know but you did ask XD

Apparently mooncup is suitable when it's really heavy (lasts longer than tampons) and you can use them for really light flow too. I really need to get round to trying one...
Reply 75
Tampons atm but mooncup once I get paid :smile:

It's vital to have a bin in the bathroom
Original post by S_123

It's about the angle.
Angle it slightly backwards, not straight up. But other than that, you need to be relaxed. The more tense you are, the harder it is.
Lucky people on this thread for only needing one or the other- I have to use both or there'd be trouble :-( Used to be fine but since I had my miscarriage it's been horrendous!

..Well you did ask.
Reply 79
I have to use both at the same time because I get so heavy and even then I have to change them every 2-3 hours. :frown:

It costs a small fortune keeping a decent supply of both, especially when I was on for 23 days once...
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending