The Student Room Group

How do I get a gf? How do I make someone my gf?

I know I'm young and newby. But I've never been on a date or on a relationship. So anything would help...

How do I make someone love me and ask me out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Find a girl, make friends, be there for her, cheer her up, become best friends (or good friends), ask her out, if she says yes, boom = relationship.

If she says no, don't lose the friendship, remain friends, and maybe find someone else.

Someone disagrees, it seems. :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DH-Biker
Find a girl, make friends, be there for her, cheer her up, become best friends (or good friends), ask her out, if she says yes, boom = relationship.

If she says no, don't lose the friendship, remain friends, and maybe find someone else.

How do I 'make friends' and 'be there for her' and 'cheer her up'? I've tried but all I've managed to do is make them acquaintances in which all we talk about is work/news if we happen to bump into each other -_-
If you're low on confidence and inexperienced, you might need to settle for a fat chick.
Reply 4
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
If you're low on confidence and inexperienced, you might need to settle for a fat chick.

How do I do that?
You're going to receive a lot of stupid replies, OP. There have already been two.

Take DH-biker's advice.
Reply 6
Original post by mathew551
You're going to receive a lot of stupid replies, OP. There have already been two.

Take DH-biker's advice.

I am. But how do I do what he advises? I'm just this kid -_-
Punch her in the head. If you can knock her out, she is rightfully your property.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
How do I 'make friends' and 'be there for her' and 'cheer her up'? I've tried but all I've managed to do is make them acquaintances in which all we talk about is work/news if we happen to bump into each other -_-

Don't be a jackass. Be kind, helpful and be there for people. Don't act a fool, talk constantly, shout a lot, be bitchy, act with a dick-head attitude and you'll be fine.

Easily. If she's got a problem, ask her if she wants to talk about it. If she does, help her, if she doesn't, at least tell her you'll be there if she does want to. If she's upset, be a shoulder or a hug for her. Etc.

That's even easier. Make her laugh, make her smile, take her out places if she wants to... Just do what you'd do to be a nice guy, and apply it to being a funny guy. :biggrin:
How do I do that?

With cake. And always keep a Mars Bar handy.
Reply 10

How do I make someone love me and ask me out?

You need some fairy dust.
Show every girl you find on the street this TSR thread using an IPad.

Guaranteed girlfriend; you're holding an IPad.
Reply 12
You get a big net and then go stand outside the Ladies.
Reply 13
Original post by DH-Biker
Don't be a jackass. Be kind, helpful and be there for people. Don't act a fool, talk constantly, shout a lot, be bitchy, act with a dick-head attitude and you'll be fine.

Easily. If she's got a problem, ask her if she wants to talk about it. If she does, help her, if she doesn't, at least tell her you'll be there if she does want to. If she's upset, be a shoulder or a hug for her. Etc.

That's even easier. Make her laugh, make her smile, take her out places if she wants to... Just do what you'd do to be a nice guy, and apply it to being a funny guy. :biggrin:

Biker, I really appreciate the help.

I've tried being nice, kind and helpful for everyone. It's worked to a certain degree, but I think it gets me categorised into this 'come for help only' guy and this 'over-helpful' guy who people are naturally wary of. I'm always there for people (not just girls, but guys too) but I don't seem to get any response and even when I do, its only just till its over and then its back to their routine and me the excluded one. I can make some people laugh but I cannot take anyone anywhere -_- I've tried being funny and it works, and I've tried being nice and its work too but I get no 'friendships' just acquaintance after acquaintance.

With cake. And always keep a Mars Bar handy.

I've actually tried giving out chocolate before... serious.
I see some great Friend Zoning advice here. But not on how to get a girlfriend. You can't give advice to someone on how to aquire a girlfriend over the internet. Either you know how to do it or you don't. If you do, great. If you don't, internet advice is only going to raise hopes and make awkward situations 100 times worse when they lead to inevitable failure.
Reply 15
Original post by wanderlust.xx
Show every girl you find on the street this TSR thread using an IPad.

Guaranteed girlfriend; you're holding an IPad.

haha, see I am actually the 'typical' show-off guy -_-

I own an iPad and an iPad 2. I've never shown anyone it though because I fear people will think I am showing it off -_- I'm that type of guy.
Reply 16
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
I see some great Friend Zoning advice here. But not on how to get a girlfriend. You can't give advice to someone on how to aquire a girlfriend over the internet. Either you know how to do it or you don't. If you do, great. If you don't, internet advice is only going to raise hopes and make awkward situations 100 times worse when they lead to inevitable failure.

Yes! Finally someone understands! But could you suggest how do I get a gf? It's really hard, when I'm usually the guy who can attract girls only in the short term or be friend zoned. I'm the girl who girls probably are attracted at distance but repelled when drawing near.
Reply 17
http://www.doubleyourdating.com/

Oddly enough the guy who made this has very good advice and I recommend taking a look!

Oh and don't buy the stuff, get it another way like a torrent download or you tube vid. Good Luck!
Reply 18
Original post by Dude Where's My Username

This, definately this.

Then starve them and make them become a gym rat-you have yourself a hot chick :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending