The Student Room Group

I would like a girlfriend, full stop.

Let me have my rant, and then flame me later or whatever the latest online expression is for taking the piss out of someone's feelings.

Long distance relationships don't work for me I've found out... I don't have that much patience.

And the last girl I went out with told me I was too open and sensitive... and that she didn't want to get heartbroken, surely two conflicting sentiments... The first time I actually had the courage to pull in a club aswell, I was smug for weeks until she let me down... Gah, don't spend money on them until you know they like you and it's at least longish teerm :mad:

So here I am.... Internet, haven't quite lost all my dignity yet... but I'm looking for the intelligent, sultry kind of girl who likes stupid, silly, overly generous apparently sensitive giants :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think girls will be creeped out if you're asking for their period. Probably why you haven't been succsessful. Nasty that.:puke:
I sympathise, although if you were only going out with a girl because you 'needed a girlfriend', it's less likely to work out perfectly. Especially if she knows.
Reply 3
No you don't, full stop.
Reply 4
I prefer keeping my periods to myself.
No one needs a girlfriend. You want a girlfriend.
This has all cheered me up....

I don't need a girlfriend...

She didn't know...

I need company! I'm one of those dependant lonely types o.O
Reply 7
Long distance relationships don't work for you
With that in mind, stop looking for a girlfriend on the internet... :/
:smile:
Original post by Ellziii
Long distance relationships don't work for you
With that in mind, stop looking for a girlfriend on the internet... :/

It's gay isn't it?

I'm one move away from being doomed by internet dating D:
I don't know how people are assuming he wants a girlfriend's period. It's clearly a comma, and even if it was an apostrophe then it would have to be before the s to signify any sort of possession of the period.

Grammar has gone down the pot in this country, and on the internet.

Edit: See what you all did? You forced the poor, tired and trodden OP to change the title of the thread to end with "full stop". Shame on both your houses!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny
:smile:

It's gay isn't it?

I'm one move away from being doomed by internet dating D:

What is? :s-smilie:
And err, if you have friends (which I'm assuming you do) and you really want a girlfriend why not ask them to set you up with a mutual friend?
Reply 11
I would like a million dollars, full stop.
Original post by wanderlust.xx
I don't know how people are assuming he wants a girlfriend's period. It's clearly a comma, and even if it was an apostrophe then it would have to be before the s to signify any sort of possession of the period.

Grammar has gone down the pot in this country, and on the internet.

Edit: See what you all did? You forced the poor, tired and trodden OP to change the title of the thread to end with "full stop". Shame on both your houses!

Lovely your sarcasm seemed to be the final nail in the coffin of all irrational feeling, I was trying to express...

I'll wait for more of the insults to build up and go kill myself, ey?

Although this is a joke don't take it too seriously, I'm not quite on the edge yet...

Although my insane best friend now has a referral to a mental hospital... and he's pretty controlling and creepy with his girlfriend's facebook account..

Man why can't I be interesting like that... o.O
Original post by Ellziii
What is? :s-smilie:
And err, if you have friends (which I'm assuming you do) and you really want a girlfriend why not ask them to set you up with a mutual friend?

I like to keep my friends and my relationships separate, I don't like people knowing my business otherwise rumours and ineundo get in the way of "love".
Reply 15
Saying long distance relationships don't work because you failed one is like saying relationships in general don't work because you failed one.

FOREVER_ALONE.JPG
Reply 16
Original post by SomeonecalledJohnny
I like to keep my friends and my relationships separate, I don't like people knowing my business otherwise rumours and ineundo get in the way of "love".

Ok, get thee to the cattery! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Cicerao
Saying long distance relationships don't work because you failed one is like saying relationships in general don't work because you failed one.

FOREVER_ALONE.JPG

Full stop.
Original post by Cicerao

FOREVER_ALONE.JPG

Happy?
Reply 19
This is just plain weird, focus on writing an essay or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending