The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liviaaa
Awh I like equilibrium!

The bit I don't like about Chemistry is having to remember all the different mechanisms, as I understand them all just get confused which goes with which haha!

meh = equilibria topic is boring

organic chem's sooooooooo good :sogood: - especially the mechanisms :biggrin: - although they can be a bit confusing :confused:
Original post by liviaaa
Awh I like equilibrium!

The bit I don't like about Chemistry is having to remember all the different mechanisms, as I understand them all just get confused which goes with which haha!

I didn't used to like mechanisms but I soon did because you get so used to drawing it, it just becomes natural to you whereas with equilibrium you are actually required to think lol pH is my complete face cause it's easy maths and not normal stupid chemistry maths... I like maths :tongue:
Original post by thegodofgod

organic chem's sooooooooo good :sogood: - especially the mechanisms :biggrin: - although they can be a bit confusing :confused:

In year 13 it becomes so easy compared to year 12, unit 2 is hard for me cos it's like 25% of the a level. Chem is alright for me though. Biology is a different story.
Will I get drummed out of town if I say that I actually quite like plant biology? :ahee:
Original post by Stegosaurus
Will I get drummed out of town if I say that I actually quite like plant biology? :ahee:

Yeah :tongue:
Reply 785
I love chemistry and biology! But if they come with calculations... :s-smilie:
Reply 786

I like the stuff that I understand really well though haha, and I think it's quite clever equilibrium, and more relatable - especially compared to mechanisms!
Reply 787
Organic chemistry is alot more interesting than the foundation stuff we did at the beginning of the course. (Thankfully) XD
Reply 788

Haha I like equilibria, it's nice and simple :smile:

Organic Chem started off so boring, but then we started all the mechanism stuff, I love it :love:
Reply 789
hey guys is there any graduates here who have been rejected from all 4 unis, what are you planning to do during the gap year? i hva eno idea what to do :s-smilie: im so confused
Original post by oHellno
Haha I like equilibria, it's nice and simple :smile:

Organic Chem started off so boring, but then we started all the mechanism stuff, I love it :love:

yeah - mechanisms with all of the curly arrows are cool :cool:
Reply 791
Hey, guys. I'm aplying as well this year for entry in 2012. I'm aplying for Scottish unis. No tuition fee is good! Who's with me :biggrin:? Also, any Romanians aplying this year?
Reply 792
Original post by fodé
Hey, guys. I'm aplying as well this year for entry in 2012. I'm aplying for Scottish unis. No tuition fee is good! Who's with me :biggrin:? Also, any Romanians aplying this year?

Hey fode! Wanted to wish you good luck! Romanians are hard to spot (probably due to a small number of romanian applicants :biggrin:), but I'm sure you'll make it. This year there were 8 Romanian applicants for medicine (perhaps more but these are the ones I know of). So you will surely find someone applying for medicine this year! Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 793
Oh my good god, could AQA just try to make the Unit 2 biolohy course just a tiny bit interesting? I'm trying to go over Classification and biodivesity, it is honestly the most boring thing ever. My brain is literally dead.
Hey :smile:

Applying for medicine at Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and maybe UCL :smile:
Studying Chemistry<3<3 Biology Maths Geography and Philsophy of religion.
Reply 795
[QUOTlE]Oh my good god, could AQA just try to make the Unit 2 biolohy course just a tiny bit interesting? I'm trying to go over Classification and biodivesity, it is honestly the most boring thing ever. My brain is literally dead.

Just wait for unit 4. I hope you like ecology because the guy that wrote the syllabus obvious really loves it.
Original post by VaVe
[QUOTlE]Oh my good god, could AQA just try to make the Unit 2 biolohy course just a tiny bit interesting? I'm trying to go over Classification and biodivesity, it is honestly the most boring thing ever. My brain is literally dead.

Just wait for unit 4. I hope you like ecology because the guy that wrote the syllabus obvious really loves it.

hahahah LMAO that made me LOL, but soo true:biggrin:
Original post by oHellno
Oh my good god, could AQA just try to make the Unit 2 biolohy course just a tiny bit interesting? I'm trying to go over Classification and biodivesity, it is honestly the most boring thing ever. My brain is literally dead.

I know what you mean, although if it was more interesting, it might make it harder. what do you think?
Reply 798
Original post by teafil
Hey fode! Wanted to wish you good luck! Romanians are hard to spot (probably due to a small number of romanian applicants :biggrin:), but I'm sure you'll make it. This year there were 8 Romanian applicants for medicine (perhaps more but these are the ones I know of). So you will surely find someone applying for medicine this year! Best of luck :biggrin:

Hey, congrats on your offer at St Andrews. That's where I want to go too. Hopefully we'll be colleagues next year. :biggrin:

As a Romanian, do you need predicted grades? Or do you just send your current year averages (mediile)?
Original post by oHellno

revising already?

High flyer....

Latest

Trending

Trending