The Student Room Group

Appropriate gifts for driving instructor?

Brothers.

I am very pleased to say, as TSR worst driver I have passed on the 7th attempt with 6 minors. This was partly due to the examiner being more preoccupied with a)gazing out the window at the lovely sunny afternoon and talking about how he couldnt wait to get home to watch the cricket straight after my test with a cold beer. for this reason i managed to pass desipte mounting the kerb twice and almost hitting into the lorry (the examiner spoke about this afterward and said as the rest of the test was ok, i could still pass)

As a result i have passed with 6 minors, which was an improvement on my previous attempt (6th time) where i got 8 minors and two dangerous.

I was wondering what to get my instructor. i have only been with him 4 months, but he was really nice and gave me tissues when i burst into tears after failing number 5 and the examiner was nasty to me saying i was a bad and dangerous driver and stopped the test midway through because i was so bad. my instructor even took me to another test centre far away to do my test since the pass rate was higher. he also sat in the back of both my 2 final tests because i was too scared. oh yeah and he is 25 and very cute if this is relavent/

i wanted to get him one of those driving experience things, they are expensive but i have just got a bonus at work and i have spent over £4-5k on lessosna and test already so i dont mind. what did you get your insturctor? any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
some chocolates and a thank you card? :smile:
Reply 2
I thought Whiskey was a good idea, but CapnHooch was on the money right there.
I hope to never drive in your car... You sound dangerous behind a wheel
I like the fact that TSR users refer to each other as "brothers" now.
Where abouts do you live? I'm quite worried about my safety as both a pedestrian and a motorist.
Reply 6
Original post by Persephone9
Where abouts do you live? I'm quite worried about my safety as both a pedestrian and a motorist.

its ok, i've passed now :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SkyHunter
some chocolates and a thank you card? :smile:

yeah o got a thankyou card, but it a driving experience thing too much? i thyught it wold be a nice gift
Original post by shinytoy
its ok, i've passed now :smile:

Yea but that means **** all tbh...

On your test you mounted the kerb twice and almost hit a lorry. I feel less safe now knowing you're on the road...

I'd advise you to do passplus or something to get more experience with an instructor..

And yea, driivng experience sounds good if you wnna get your instructor says something.
um nothing... i didnt get my instructor anything neither did anyone i know :s-smilie: except my friend whose instructor was her neighbour she bought him a bottle of wine... not really the same though...

however i am very scared to hear that you are being let loose on the road....
Original post by Nick1sHere
I hope to never drive in your car... You sound dangerous behind a wheel

Original post by Persephone9

Original post by MHorman
Yea but that means **** all tbh...

On your test you mounted the kerb twice and almost hit a lorry. I feel less safe now knowing you're on the road...

Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x

however i am very scared to hear that you are being let loose on the road....

Don't feed the troll. It's not real.
Original post by shinytoy
yeah o got a thankyou card, but it a driving experience thing too much? i thyught it wold be a nice gift

Are you the same lad who smashed the wing mirror and dented my drivers door whilst driving past at a ridiculous speed without stopping and driving off on Chequers road early hours of this morning at 3am? i thought you were gonna stop but you just drove of, I had to drive home with a wing mirror missing.

**** you, sorry if it weren't you
Reply 12
Probably the most dedicated troll on TSR.
I can see the headlines now: Size 6 Latina Model Kills 6 in Hit and Run Horror.
Reply 14
judging from most of the threads i saw when i joined tsr I'd say your virginity
Reply 15
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Don't feed the troll. It's not real.

Original post by Yawn11
Probably the most dedicated troll on TSR.

i can assure you i am for real. check the 'ultimate i failed my driving test thread' for my comments before the test, and my post history to see the progress on many tests. i nearly gave up after nr 5. but now finally i have passed. to be fair my tests had only like 1 or 2 weeks between them and i wasnt having anymore lessons on the advise on both my instructor and previous instructor that my driving was too good. i think it is nerves why i failed so much, sometimes my hand was shaking on the steering wheel in my tests. having ym instructor in the car really helped me calm down alot. he was awesome./
Reply 16
A map of the local dogging spots.
Reply 17
Do you have a crush on your driving instructor? Is he cute? Is he single? Is he attracted to you? <--- Irrelevant, but nonetheless should be asked.
Reply 18
I guess the driving test is flawed as long as people can take it as many times as they want.

Looking forward to the OPs next thread "I crashed into three stationary cars on the way to the shop this morning because I have no spatial awareness/perception of depth".
Reply 19
A card and a bottle of wine, a box of nice chocolates if he's teetotal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending