The Student Room Group

Being single/my ex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
have drunken sex with lots of random guys. that will make you feel better.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think someone can sleep with 'too many' people?
I have this thing about not wanting to go over 10, especially when I'm not even in my twenties quite yet- although it's currently under 10. But I know a girl who's a year younger than me and has been with 20 or more guys, and she thinks nothing of it! It's something that really bothers me though and I don't really know why- it's stupid if you think about it. I was trying to save myself for sex only within relationships, but then I'm going to want to get into relationships for the wrong reasons maybe :s-smilie:

I think, like a few people have said, that although you're living with your ex next year, you need to move on emotionally and he needs to know that you have done. He's obviously aware how you feel about him, and its unfair of him to be leading you on - probably just for the benefit of his own ego.

You shouldn't be too concerned about keeping the number of guys you've been with to below 10... while its very admirable and shows that you are a girl who respects herself, you shouldn't put things in the way of allowing relationships to develop just to keep your number respectable! :-)

If I were you, I'd tell your ex that you're going on a date with a really nice guy, try to stop talking/texting/skyping your ex as much (or even at all!), and allow this nice new fella to take you out on a date! It doesn't have to lead anywhere, but crucially you're letting your ex know you're moving on and you're giving yourself the chance to see how things go with someone new. If he really cares about you and wants to make another go of things, this will be just the wake-up call he needs; if he doesn't then its his loss and all you'll ever be is friends.

Look on the bright side, you're obviously attractive, you've got 2 guys chasing after you, and the world's your oyster! :wink:
Yes, I know.
Dependency- I has it.

This pattern will repeat itself throughout your life. But seems like you're fine with that so c'est la vie I suppose!
Reply 23
Original post by dinglemeister
I think, like a few people have said, that although you're living with your ex next year, you need to move on emotionally and he needs to know that you have done. He's obviously aware how you feel about him, and its unfair of him to be leading you on - probably just for the benefit of his own ego.

You shouldn't be too concerned about keeping the number of guys you've been with to below 10... while its very admirable and shows that you are a girl who respects herself, you shouldn't put things in the way of allowing relationships to develop just to keep your number respectable! :-)

If I were you, I'd tell your ex that you're going on a date with a really nice guy, try to stop talking/texting/skyping your ex as much (or even at all!), and allow this nice new fella to take you out on a date! It doesn't have to lead anywhere, but crucially you're letting your ex know you're moving on and you're giving yourself the chance to see how things go with someone new. If he really cares about you and wants to make another go of things, this will be just the wake-up call he needs; if he doesn't then its his loss and all you'll ever be is friends.

Look on the bright side, you're obviously attractive, you've got 2 guys chasing after you, and the world's your oyster! :wink:

Thanks, you genuinely made me feel a bit better somehow!
It's so hard because I've been actively STOPPING myself from getting over him, but maybe you're right. All this has done is made me miserable so it's probably time for a change.

Original post by Reflexive
This pattern will repeat itself throughout your life. But seems like you're fine with that so c'est la vie I suppose!

No no, the entire point of this thread was that I know I'm dependent like that but I don't want to be anymore!

No no, the entire point of this thread was that I know I'm dependent like that but I don't want to be anymore!

You need to spend some time loving yourself. This is the only way you can love others and be loved properly anyway. So focus on that I would say. I would go into more detail but I don't want to sound like I'm preaching; not sure what you want, just know what you has :wink:
Reply 25
You need to spend some time loving yourself. This is the only way you can love others and be loved properly anyway. So focus on that I would say. I would go into more detail but I don't want to sound like I'm preaching; not sure what you want, just know what you has :wink:

I've heard this soooo many times! Do you have any advice on to how exactly to achieve this though?
No, I don't love myself, and I think men recognise that and exploit it (intentionally or not).
I've heard this soooo many times! Do you have any advice on to how exactly to achieve this though?
No, I don't love myself, and I think men recognise that and exploit it (intentionally or not).

I'm struggling with it myself at the minute, I need guidance myself! I think it boils down to whether you had loving parents and therefore they gave you the message that you are worthy. I think it's about findings thing you can enjoy yourself without relying on others- I'm currently looking for a new hobby that will also involve meeting others. But also spending your time in a way that says you value it instead of wasting it. PM me if you fancy a chat in confidence.
Reply 27
I just don't understand why guys break up with girls and want to be "best friends."

I agree with this post,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending