Chemistry: Edexcel
Physics: OCR (IOP)
Biology: OCR
Maths: OCR
Further Maths: OCR (MEI)
RE: AQA

Those are my exam boards :smile:
Anyone with the same?

I'm same for Biology and Maths :smile: You're taking 6 AS! (I'm assuming they're not all A-levels :tongue:) We weren't allow to take that many :frown: they were happy with us doing the normal 4 + enrichment of Critical thinking/GS but really advised us against us again more than that :frown: So woulda traded CT for a subject such as RE or Philosophy or something :P I was also OCR for Physics though it was advance physics or physics B or something I can't remember :tongue:

I'll wish you good luck now with the final unit in A-level biology. They give you all the interesting stuff in first year and the first half of second, then bam! you're stuck with all the really boring stuff :/ (except genetics, i like that :smile: )
Reply 981
Original post by Straight up G

Original post by Straight up G
One more than you got.

And www.govisitthedexcelwebsiteyounoob.com

Haaaaa, shame about the neg :tongue: And I already tried that :puppyeyes:
Original post by Quackers93
I'm same for Biology and Maths :smile: You're taking 6 AS! (I'm assuming they're not all A-levels :tongue:) We weren't allow to take that many :frown: they were happy with us doing the normal 4 + enrichment of Critical thinking/GS but really advised us against us again more than that :frown: So woulda traded CT for a subject such as RE or Philosophy or something :P I was also OCR for Physics though it was advance physics or physics B or something I can't remember :tongue:

I'll wish you good luck now with the final unit in A-level biology. They give you all the interesting stuff in first year and the first half of second, then bam! you're stuck with all the really boring stuff :/ (except genetics, i like that :smile: )

We're being taught Unit 5 biology now for some reason, and unit 4 later, doing Genetics atm which is pretty good. No idea why it's like this, but at least there's no more god damn biodiveristy :woo:
Original post by oHellno
Haaaaa, shame about the neg :tongue: And I already tried that :puppyeyes:

Like I give a ****?

And also, just realised that you can't actually get them off the website. You have to find one person who got 99/98, and then use the mark just above them.
Reply 984
Does anyone know what kind of candidates Imperial interview? Like a certain number of A*'s at GCSE etc? (I've looked on their website, but just wondering from any real situations you know of?) :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
We're being taught Unit 5 biology now for some reason, and unit 4 later, doing Genetics atm which is pretty good. No idea why it's like this, but at least there's no more god damn biodiveristy :woo:

All biology students in my college have now realised we're are ever so slightly screwed for summer exam :tongue: got F215 left and we still need to cover 5 chapters in 6 college weeks which is just under 100 pages in the text book :l its gonna be a fun Easter learning it all ourselves :cool: Ah I hated biodiversity too :tongue:
Original post by Quackers93

I've already got my A* in maths :p: Self-taught myself last year, and did RE last year as well :p:

So technically only 4 :wink: Further Maths is a full a level this year, whilst the others are AS's and will do A2's the next year.

Tiring day of filing at the GP :rolleyes:
Original post by liviaaa
Does anyone know what kind of candidates Imperial interview? Like a certain number of A*'s at GCSE etc? (I've looked on their website, but just wondering from any real situations you know of?) :smile:

high bmat candidates
Reply 988
Original post by SteveCrain
high bmat candidates

Okayy. Do you know about GCSE's? :smile:
Original post by itsrayray:)
Oh right we're with AQA. I'm sure you'll have done well, at least it wasn't the actual exam:smile:

! wait until you get to C3 urghh... differentiation with all the different chain , product and quotient rules. its ridiculous :frown:
Reply 990
We are now doing a whole booklet on hedges for biology. And we haven't really done anything in chemistry related to medicine at all
Reply 991
Original post by Bubbles2010

Original post by Bubbles2010
Hello everyone! Just want to say a massive good luck!!!
I applied for medicine for 2011 entry (Cambridge, UCL, Birmingham & Imperial), and got an offer from Cambridge and Birmingham.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote or PM :smile:
GOOD LUCK!

oh yes please, any advice that you have to give me would be really appreciated :smile:
I need to know as much as possible cuz I would really like to get into Cambridge and study medicine and at the moment I'm studying for my gcse so please any message with all you know(just joking)!!! thank you!!! oh and good luck for your university offers!!
Birmingum prospectus is 8 A*s
Cambridge want a solid 7 A*s

Though they look high, almost everyone I ever met in Birminghum university had atleast 11 A*s. I was an exception, with 13 :smile:
Original post by MeWantConsultant
Birmingum prospectus is 8 A*s
Cambridge want a solid 7 A*s

Though they look high, almost everyone I ever met in Birminghum university had atleast 11 A*s. I was an exception, with 13 :smile:

I wholly endorse the above information as entirely credulous and reality based.
Reply 994
Anyone here thinking of applying to UCL? Might be seeing some of you guys next year if you are

(if you aren't then shame on you)

Also if anyone needs any help whether Personal Statement or whatever im more then happy to help!
vc
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 996
Original post by Jabbo12
You already got a good score and know that you're clever anyway. You chose to take the risk, and that's fine. And I'm not saying that because the BMAT is too hard, don't take it. I said that it is simply a risk and be aware that the test is not easy. You're insinuating that I have a snake-like agenda to stop people applying there. You should learn some social skills in the sense that if somebody offers you a compliment,

JUST SAY THANK YOU!!!

Original post by Jabbo12
I wouldn't apply to imperial, as you got to do an extra admissions test after you apply, and they take it really seriously. If you mess up, you've already wasted one place.

Original post by Jabbo12
Yes it's hard and takes a long time to prepare for. Takes up a lot of A level time.

Thank-you.
However, I felt that saying that just because I was over the BMAT cut-off point I would have been given an offer is misleading to people wanting to apply next year.

I was just pointing out that you were advising people not to apply to imperial/any other BMAT uni because the BMAT is hard when you have no way to know how they will do on it.

I agree they should be cautious but that doesn't mean ruling out BMAT universities. Applying to medicine is a risk anyway and if someone is going to take it then it's up to them if they want to apply 'smart' or apply to somewhere they like. (I'm not saying these are mutually exclusive)
Reply 997
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
No they don't. I'm not sure but they may average 7 A*s per student, doesn't mean someone with >7A*s won't get in.

This is a known fact. For an average of 7A*s there must be people there with less.
Reply 998
Original post by SteveCrain
high bmat candidates

And I hear that's all they look at. If you have the minimum GCSE requirements, and get a really high bmat, you are going to get an interview, which usually means an offer, as they give offers to most of the people who apply.
Reply 999
does anyone know any good books??

Doesn't have to be relevant to Medicine...just in general?? :smile: Thankss

Latest

Trending

Trending