The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep anon.

Firstly, I'm not trying to brag about the size of my breasts. They're not HUGE, they're just too big for me (32F-FF).

They make my back hurt and hurt during exercise. They're starting to sag already (I'm 18) and I don't think they've ever been 'perky'. This really knocks my confidence, and I'll never take my bra off in front of anyone.

I've been thinking about getting breast lift surgery, but it costs so much money and might affect breast feeding in the future etc.

I've also thought about trying to get a breast reduction on the nhs, if possible.

I suppose I'm asking what people on here think I should do, and what you think about natural larger breasts in general - are they less attractive than smaller perkier ones?

I'm a 30FF so quite similar to you in size.

I don't get backpain unless I'm standing up all day, perhaps your posture isn't quite right? I know this size boobies are heavy (cup your hands underneath them, the weight is shocking!) but how you hold yourself can have a big impact on back pain.

In terms of exercise, I bought a sports bra from debenhams for £30 and it's great! I can't believe how little bounce there is. Would definitely recommend them, and they can help you with the right size if you need it.

As above, they are very heavy and aren't going to be as perky as someone with a little B cup. It's natural, that's what gravity does. Personally, I think it's much more attractive to have boobs that actually 'fall' if you know what I mean, and have a teardrop shape rather than just be two fried eggs on a chest!

For me personally, changing myself with surgery just isn't being true. I've been made this way for a reason. Breast lifts and reductions both pose a risk to future breastfeeding, and that just isn't a risk I'm willing to take. I'd rather put up with having to spend a fortune on larger cup bras than not be able to give my children the countless benefits that breastfeeding offers them. It's a choice you have to make for yourself, but I would advise at least waiting until after you've had your family before you do anything.

Now, on to your confidence. I actually love my breasts but it hasn't always been that way; a big part of feeling better about myself was to accept my breasts weren't going to get any smaller. Then I took a long hard look in the mirror and realised they actually looked nice! Sure I can't shop for bras cheaply but I think large breasts are so feminine and womanly. Do you have a partner? I've been lucky enough to have partners who called me beautiful and my current fella said to me a couple of years ago 'you have great tits you know' :tongue: I know it shouldn't be, but knowing other people find your breasts attractive does make a difference to how you feel about them. Lastly, how many glamour models do you see with B cup? They are all in the DD-FF bracket, men like big breasts!

I hope that helps you honey, feel free to PM me if you want to talk because I've felt like you do at the moment and know how much it sucks, I hope my little story can give you hope that things can turn around and you can learn to love yourself. :smile:
Look at Chealse Charms who has the biggest boobs in the world yet can move around with them. In fact I believe that many larger women work out their back to aid the weight. That's all you need to do.
Original post by MovingOn

I don't get backpain unless I'm standing up all day, perhaps your posture isn't quite right? I know this size boobies are heavy (cup your hands underneath them, the weight is shocking!) but how you hold yourself can have a big impact on back pain.

In terms of exercise, I bought a sports bra from debenhams for £30 and it's great! I can't believe how little bounce there is. Would definitely recommend them, and they can help you with the right size if you need it.

As above, they are very heavy and aren't going to be as perky as someone with a little B cup. It's natural, that's what gravity does. Personally, I think it's much more attractive to have boobs that actually 'fall' if you know what I mean, and have a teardrop shape rather than just be two fried eggs on a chest!

For me personally, changing myself with surgery just isn't being true. I've been made this way for a reason. Breast lifts and reductions both pose a risk to future breastfeeding, and that just isn't a risk I'm willing to take. I'd rather put up with having to spend a fortune on larger cup bras than not be able to give my children the countless benefits that breastfeeding offers them. It's a choice you have to make for yourself, but I would advise at least waiting until after you've had your family before you do anything.

Now, on to your confidence. I actually love my breasts but it hasn't always been that way; a big part of feeling better about myself was to accept my breasts weren't going to get any smaller. Then I took a long hard look in the mirror and realised they actually looked nice! Sure I can't shop for bras cheaply but I think large breasts are so feminine and womanly. Do you have a partner? I've been lucky enough to have partners who called me beautiful and my current fella said to me a couple of years ago 'you have great tits you know' :tongue: I know it shouldn't be, but knowing other people find your breasts attractive does make a difference to how you feel about them. Lastly, how many glamour models do you see with B cup? They are all in the DD-FF bracket, men like big breasts!

I hope that helps you honey, feel free to PM me if you want to talk because I've felt like you do at the moment and know how much it sucks, I hope my little story can give you hope that things can turn around and you can learn to love yourself. :smile:

Every girl who has an issue with their breasts or themselves should come to you.
Reply 23
Original post by Asiko
Every girl who has an issue with their breasts or themselves should come to you.

Awh, thanks! :tongue:
Awh, thanks! :tongue:

You're very welcome.
I really, really need some opinions and advice, so if anyone would genuinely like to help me, please post and I'll pm you :smile:

Are you a overweight at all? Losing weight is very likely to reduce the size of your breasts
Reply 26
Please keep anon.

Firstly, I'm not trying to brag about the size of my breasts. They're not HUGE, they're just too big for me (32F-FF).

They make my back hurt and hurt during exercise. They're starting to sag already (I'm 18) and I don't think they've ever been 'perky'. This really knocks my confidence, and I'll never take my bra off in front of anyone.

I've been thinking about getting breast lift surgery, but it costs so much money and might affect breast feeding in the future etc.

I've also thought about trying to get a breast reduction on the nhs, if possible.

I suppose I'm asking what people on here think I should do, and what you think about natural larger breasts in general - are they less attractive than smaller perkier ones?

Most men like all breasts, some men like each type of breast. You'll be fine.

For a lot of women, not all obviously, there's a pretty big correlation between breast size and weight. If you desperately wanted to to reduce your breast size, and you're not already underweight, you could try a combination of sensible dieting and lots of exercise and you'll probably get some benefit (i.e. as long as you're burning fat then hopefully some of it will come of the breasts) If you're underweight/skinny then obviously don't cut down on food, but doing more exercise, including weights, will let you build muscle and burn fat - possibly reducing your breast size while maintaining your overall weight.
Reply 27
Original post by rivda
I have the same problem. I'm a D-cup (no where near an F but I'm 5'3 so go figure) and its literally destroyed my confidence since I was about 13. I hate the bras- I wear them so tight it really makes my back hurt. And they really make me so look much fatter (I'm average-sized, but having such big boobs makes me look dumpier). When it comes to choosing clothes, I can't wear half the stuff because either my boobs look too big, or so much cleavage shows that I look like a slut. That realy sucks cuz I'm pretty fashion-conscious.

I'm waiting to start uni now, but I'm alrdy saving up to get a breast reduction as soon as possible.

To answer your question- I think big boobs are attractive, but after a certain point, attractive or not, they become a pain to the unfortunate woman who has to lug them around. And its YOU who matters, not random guys who might enjoy the view.

And for the breast-feeding concerns, there are plenty of milk supplements and powders, and it doesn't actually affect your pregnancy. Personally, its a risk I'm willing to take if it means a lifetime of confidence and less health problems (from back pain, etc).

Out of interest what back size are you? I'm a D (sometimes DD) and if anything I would want them bigger...
Reply 28
Original post by veggie91
Out of interest what back size are you? I'm a D (sometimes DD) and if anything I would want them bigger...

You'd want them bigger?? You must be pretty tall to carry it off, then :smile: I'm a 32D..
Reply 29
Original post by rivda
You'd want them bigger?? You must be pretty tall to carry it off, then :smile: I'm a 32D..

I'm 5ft3...think it might be because I have quite broad shoulders...I'm 34D though so I think thats like a 32C in comparrison?

I'd love mine bigger to be honest but not sure I would want a boob job!
Reply 30
Original post by Smem
Are you a overweight at all? Losing weight is very likely to reduce the size of your breasts

I'm on a diet and I've started exercising, so I am trying to lose weight. I wouldn't say I am overweight though, I'm 5"6 and weigh ~8.5 stone. I've heard big boobs can weigh quite a lot, so if I lose a few pounds hopefully it will help.

I've just read this, thank you so much! I'm definitely going to get a sports bra from Debenhams, the one I got from M&S just isn't doing anything. I'm also going to go to Bravissimo and get a nice bra, so far all i have are huge unattractive ones :p:

I don't have a partner, I'm really a very shy person and this just adds to it. I have issues with everything really, I feel like its just one more thing to be self-conscious about :frown:

You have helped, thank you :smile:
Reply 31
My breasts are 44EE and having already had a child, I can say it definately doesnt help. sorry everyone. My breasts are now so saggy I cant bear to look at them. Im 2/3 sizes bigger on top, cant wear nice tops and men stare at my breasts not my face which as a reserved person who doesnt like being the centre of attention, very difficult. I didnt breastfeed because I couldnt face trying to breastfeed. I hate them so much. NHS wont give me surgery and I cant afford it, so Im stuck and another pregnancy will only make them bigger which along with a bump I can tell you is horrid with the weight. I sympethise ladies.

What about exercise? Exercising the back and chest could reduce your cup size.
Reply 32
Original post by rivda

You both must attract many guys eyes ..and girls too :wink:
YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR BODY AND BREASTS :cool:
Mine are 46H and i quite literally share your pain. :frown: I get really bad backache but i'm told a well fitting bra can do wonders. Exercise is really painful (Oand the cheapest sports bra i can find is £50!).
I know for me, i need to lose weight, when i've lost weight in the past its come off my boobs first so hopefully that will happen again. At the minute my boobs weigh about a stone and a half each :frown:
I've though about breast reduction surgery but have never felt able to bring it up with my doctor.
(edited 13 years ago)
Please keep anon.

I am a 36E and i'm 17. Mine breasts have been growing for the past 2 years from a B to an E :/ They are frustrating at times but you can make them look as attractive as you want?
about the aching, i think thats inevitable? have you tried seeing an osteopath or an aromatherapist? I go every two weeks and its around £30 a time? Not cheap but can do your back a load of good? My back is dodgy from being a gymnast, dancer and kickboxer so you may not need to go as often as 2 weeks but maybe about every 6 weeks?
Get yourself a really good bra, no matter how much it cost they are worth it! My breasts are very perky because i've always spent money on my bras to make sure I get the good ones? I am only 5ft so you can imagine how odd it looks to have such larges breasts but "work with them" as such and things will work out?
I would definitely recommend an osteopath though, they really do help your back pains.
Don't sleep with your bra on either if you do that because that doesn't help
them?
I'm just trying to give you as much random info as possible haha I hope that helps you anyway? If i think of anything else I'll post?
Love your boobs, a lot of people may envy you at the moment as much as you dislike them :smile: xxx
Reply 35
My breasts are 44EE and having already had a child, I can say it definately doesnt help. sorry everyone. My breasts are now so saggy I cant bear to look at them. Im 2/3 sizes bigger on top, cant wear nice tops and men stare at my breasts not my face which as a reserved person who doesnt like being the centre of attention, very difficult. I didnt breastfeed because I couldnt face trying to breastfeed. I hate them so much. NHS wont give me surgery and I cant afford it, so Im stuck and another pregnancy will only make them bigger which along with a bump I can tell you is horrid with the weight. I sympethise ladies.

I hate them so much :mad: c:eek:
Don't hate your body - just love it and take care of it ,.. As much as you love it as much it will fit you back :colondollar:
Original post by rivda
I have the same problem. I'm a D-cup (no where near an F but I'm 5'3 so go figure) and its literally destroyed my confidence since I was about 13. I hate the bras- I wear them so tight it really makes my back hurt. And they really make me so look much fatter (I'm average-sized, but having such big boobs makes me look dumpier). When it comes to choosing clothes, I can't wear half the stuff because either my boobs look too big, or so much cleavage shows that I look like a slut. That realy sucks cuz I'm pretty fashion-conscious.

I'm waiting to start uni now, but I'm alrdy saving up to get a breast reduction as soon as possible.

To answer your question- I think big boobs are attractive, but after a certain point, attractive or not, they become a pain to the unfortunate woman who has to lug them around. And its YOU who matters, not random guys who might enjoy the view.

And for the breast-feeding concerns, there are plenty of milk supplements and powders, and it doesn't actually affect your pregnancy. Personally, its a risk I'm willing to take if it means a lifetime of confidence and less health problems (from back pain, etc).

I don't know why you girls hate your boobs so much I'm barely a B cup my boobs look awful on me as I'm 5ft7. I'd love to have bigger boobs it's so unfair I'd love a D or DD cup chest lol :bawling:
Reply 37
<3
Dont worry im a 34E and yes i know they are big, but you cant choose your breast size. MY BF thinks they look amazing, and ive heard too many thing about people having reductions etc, and the cost is too high. I too get back pain, u i find a good fitting bra and some low impact exercise does the trick. Keep your chin up babe!

Latest