The Student Room Group

How do I turn him down nicely?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What if he's into that sort of stuff, lol. :eek:
Reply 21
You phone has a feature where you can block certain text messages and phone calls from certain numbers. Use it.

If you can't, I refer you to this youtube video. The title is self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwQB0eH1aw
Just say sorry but you're not interested. You're no way near close enough that that would be harsh. If you were getting closer for weeks/months then he asked you out then I see your predicament - but you've only ever spoken to him once he's not gonna be heartbroken.

Oh and as a side note this guy seems REALLY needy.
"Sorry who is this? I'm (Invent completely random person who is preferably a guy), I think you have the wrong number"

(He doesn't have to know it's your real number!)
Just tell him you have a boyfriend, or get a "friend" to text him telling him to stop bothering his girlfriend. I'll do it if you like :wink: might be fun.
Original post by suf_7
Tell him you're a lesbian...:wink:

I tried that he set me up with an actual lesbian he knows.
Reply 26
Sorry wrong number?

or

Go Away?

He doesn't know you does he? :biggrin:
Reply 27
Just say my dad is the spitting image of Arnold Schwarzenegger
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I already texted back this morning telling him he'd done nothing wrong.:colondollar:

I just text him back saying I was really busy for the next few weeks. It was tempting not to text back but people have done stuff like that to me before, and I don't want to be a bitch.

Bad move! Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind... better to give him the right message now than lead him on and hurt him more. Needy guys like that will become more creepily needy each time you reply and it's annoying as ****, trust me.
Reply 29
say you have AIDS
So I was out last night, and a guy came and asked for my number. He seemed nice but just not my type.
I tried putting him off, but he was pretty insistant on getting it. So I tried to do what I usually do with guys that refuse to leave me alone which is I give them my number but change one digit. However, I'm an idiot and forgot to change one digit. :facepalm2:

Anyway, I woke up this morning and he'd text me asking if I wanted to meet up. I ignored it and went back to sleep. When I woke up he'd texted again asking why I hadn't replied, and then again to ask if he'd done something wrong. (Bearing in mind last night was the first time I'd met him, and it was a 10 minute conversation.)

I know I'm eighteen and should be able to handle these things, but I'm incredibly awkward and just generally useless around the opposite sex. :facepalm2:. So can anyone give me a nice but clear way to tell him I'm not interested?

Tl;dr
I've come to tsr for advice because I'm socially inept to tell an overkeen guy I'm just not interested. However, I don't want to do it in a nasty way.

EDIT: Whilst the I am sleeping with Batman and the I'm a lesbian answers would have been highly amusing, I opted for the ''I'm busy for the forseeable future'' option. His reply was ''Ok''which I'm hoping means he'll leave me alone now. Thanks for the help guys. :smile:

Tell you have a BF.

That's like the one good way to get rejected.

That said, this guy sounds like a loser, so he probably won't get it and carry on pursuing you.
Reply 31
So I was out last night, and a guy came and asked for my number. He seemed nice but just not my type.
I tried putting him off, but he was pretty insistant on getting it. So I tried to do what I usually do with guys that refuse to leave me alone which is I give them my number but change one digit. However, I'm an idiot and forgot to change one digit. :facepalm2:

Anyway, I woke up this morning and he'd text me asking if I wanted to meet up. I ignored it and went back to sleep. When I woke up he'd texted again asking why I hadn't replied, and then again to ask if he'd done something wrong. (Bearing in mind last night was the first time I'd met him, and it was a 10 minute conversation.)

I know I'm eighteen and should be able to handle these things, but I'm incredibly awkward and just generally useless around the opposite sex. :facepalm2:. So can anyone give me a nice but clear way to tell him I'm not interested?

Tl;dr
I've come to tsr for advice because I'm socially inept to tell an overkeen guy I'm just not interested. However, I don't want to do it in a nasty way.

EDIT: Whilst the I am sleeping with Batman and the I'm a lesbian answers would have been highly amusing, I opted for the ''I'm busy for the forseeable future'' option. His reply was ''Ok''which I'm hoping means he'll leave me alone now. Thanks for the help guys. :smile:

hey mate,keep it in mind that there are no nice ways to tell that (just less horrible):biggrin::biggrin:
Oh, could send him a link to this thread.
Reply 33
Original post by little_wizard123
Oh, could send him a link to this thread.

Was it necessary to post twice in the same thread. :s-smilie:

OP, you said in your other thread you feel a bit lonely. If this guy is keen on you he could cheer you up. :wink:

Give him a chance!
Original post by Countmein

OP, you said in your other thread you feel a bit lonely. If this guy is keen on you he could cheer you up. :wink:

Give him a chance!

Yes. Yes it was. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Original post by little_wizard123
Yes. Yes it was. :rolleyes:

Could have edited your old post, no?
Reply 36

Give him a chance!

Don't be so persnickety, frog-spawn.
Could have edited your old post, no?

I won't tell you where your flaw is in your original point.

Are you this guy, anyway? She doesn't like him, so why would she give him a chance?
Reply 38
Original post by Niksput
Don't be so persnickety, frog-spawn.

Oh no, you negged me. :eek::rolleyes:
Reply 39
Oh no, you negged me. :eek::rolleyes:

Yeah. I sure did. And I wouldn't hesitate in doing it again. Just watch your back buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending