The Student Room Group

Student Funding due on the 11th April (Tomorrow!) Will I get it?

Hi All,

I checked the Payments page on the Student Finance Direct site thingy and since yesterday, it has been saying 'Submitted'.... I am concerned that I will not get it in time, because its says that it takes 3-5 working days from 'submitted' status before it hits my bank account. I really need it now!!! I am in Cairo (Egypt!) and really need to the money... I hope this doesn't mean I am being paid late :frown:

I have got the money before on time, but now I am panicking, especially since I am relying on that cash, as am overseas right now :frown:

Can anyone shed light as to whether ill get it in time?

Thanks !:wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If it says submitted and shows due 11th then its fair to say it will be there Mon day
Reply 2
Original post by johnboy024
If it says submitted and shows due 11th then its fair to say it will be there Mon day

Thanksh :biggrin: Im just being paranoid... im currently in a foreign land, you see.... so, you can understand ma paranoia! :smile:
Reply 3
Mine is due today and i have just checked my Bank, i think something is wrong as its not there and i called Student finance on Saturday morning and it had been submitted and due today (11th April). I am worried as its always on time :frown: and usually as i am with Natwest it goes in 2 days early has done for the last 4 years
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Petzy123
Mine is due today and i have just checked my Bank, i think something is wrong as its not there and i called Student finance on Saturday morning and it had been submitted and due today (11th April). I am worried as its always on time :frown:

Oh ma God!!! :frown: Noooooooooo! Same, same, same!!! I checked my bank and ZILCH!!! Nothing! I couldnt not sleep proper last night, I was constantly checking Student Finance England, making sure there were no problems and I was checking my bank account too, in case it came a bit 'early', as last payment came one day early.... and now I am totally freaking out! I really really really need this money I have like only 200 Pounds in my bank account and I am overseas! My husband is flying out today to be with me and we are both relying on this money.... its crazy! I am overseas... how the hell can I call them from here? Freaking typical! Am so so so so upset... I KNEW this was going to happen, which is why I started this thread in the first place! I had an instinctive feeling it wasnt going to come :frown: how pathetic and typical of the British system..... am soooooooo mad right now :frown: when I need something, its not here, when I least expect it, it comes running! cannot believe it :frown: I was waiting all night for the banks to 'update', but it has never happened.... mine went to submitted on last Friday afternoon and its says it take 3-5 working days since it comes submited, for the money to come through.... I KNEW this would happen :frown:

If you call them, can you please update me? Id really appreciate it, and also, which bank do you bank with? I bank with the Natwest and by now, I should have any money in my account, if due. They update their systems at around 6am UK time :frown:
Reply 5
Mine's not gone in either and I really need it as I've completely run out.
Reply 6
Original post by mousy
Mine's not gone in either and I really need it as I've completely run out.

Anyone know what the hell's going on?
Reply 7
Student loans have said sorry but loans have been delayed. If like me your loan was due today 12th April it will now be paid Tuesday 12th, theres no explanation just message to say sorry
Reply 8
stressed!!! why cant these companies just work properly???? do your job!!!
Reply 9
That other post should of said if yours was due on the 11th april it will now be due on the 12th ... sorry typing error :s
Reply 10
stressed!!! why cant these companies just work properly???? do your job!!!

Well we all know how incompetent student finance is.
Reply 11
How do you know that, did you call them or is it on the site? I can't log on for some reason, just wondering if it will def be there tomorrow or not (I know you cant speak for them, but just wondering exactly what was said?). ta. x
Reply 12
Original post by Neelam1982
Oh ma God!!! :frown: Noooooooooo! Same, same, same!!! I checked my bank and ZILCH!!! Nothing! I couldnt not sleep proper last night, I was constantly checking Student Finance England, making sure there were no problems and I was checking my bank account too, in case it came a bit 'early', as last payment came one day early.... and now I am totally freaking out! I really really really need this money I have like only 200 Pounds in my bank account and I am overseas! My husband is flying out today to be with me and we are both relying on this money.... its crazy! I am overseas... how the hell can I call them from here? Freaking typical! Am so so so so upset... I KNEW this was going to happen, which is why I started this thread in the first place! I had an instinctive feeling it wasnt going to come :frown: how pathetic and typical of the British system..... am soooooooo mad right now :frown: when I need something, its not here, when I least expect it, it comes running! cannot believe it :frown: I was waiting all night for the banks to 'update', but it has never happened.... mine went to submitted on last Friday afternoon and its says it take 3-5 working days since it comes submited, for the money to come through.... I KNEW this would happen :frown:

If you call them, can you please update me? Id really appreciate it, and also, which bank do you bank with? I bank with the Natwest and by now, I should have any money in my account, if due. They update their systems at around 6am UK time :frown:

Im with natwest also, they have been delayed (student finance) and there is a message to say that they are sorry but the loans due for today will now be in tomorrow :frown:
Reply 13
Student loans have said sorry but loans have been delayed. If like me your loan was due today 12th April it will now be paid Tuesday 12th, theres no explanation just message to say sorry

Thanks Petzy.... I just spent a fortune calling them and I got that message too.... typical, balimg it on the "banking system"!... they didnt submit mine until Friday and they KNEW it wouldnt reach my bank in time. Weekends are not 'working' days, so technically if it was in Submitted Status Friday afternoon, then they wouldnt have had enough time to let it hit the banks. Someone, somewhere is not doing their job properly... Mine was in 'Prepared' status for an awfully long time :frown: at least its coming tomorrow, I can manage financially till then... I wouldnt hold my breath on them though.
Reply 14
Original post by leztoomey
How do you know that, did you call them or is it on the site? I can't log on for some reason, just wondering if it will def be there tomorrow or not (I know you cant speak for them, but just wondering exactly what was said?). ta. x

I cant log into my account, so i called them and just before you get put through there is a message telling you that if your call is regarding late payment then it will be in tomorrow and sorry but no explanation as to why just that it will now be in on the 12th rather than the 11th :9
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Neelam1982
Thanks Petzy.... I just spent a fortune calling them and I got that message too.... typical, balimg it on the "banking system"!... they didnt submit mine until Friday and they KNEW it wouldnt reach my bank in time. Weekends are not 'working' days, so technically if it was in Submitted Status Friday afternoon, then they wouldnt have had enough time to let it hit the banks. Someone, somewhere is not doing their job properly... Mine was in 'Prepared' status for an awfully long time :frown: at least its coming tomorrow, I can manage financially till then... I wouldnt hold my breath on them though.

It ok :smile: Wish i could say the same, i have no money left, and bills due out today and now im going to get charged for late payments really annoyed, i could understand if i was a knew applicant but this after 4 years is really bad. This is the last thing you need when you have exams :frown: yes i agree someone needs to look into this or re-consider hiring useless chimps in future x:angry:
Reply 16
I cant log into my account, so i called them and just before you get put through there is a message telling you that if your call is regarding late payment then it will be in tomorrow and sorry but no explanation as to why just that it will now be in on the 12th rather than the 11th :9

Thanks, much aprieciated. fingers crossed. :s-smilie:
Reply 17
It ok :smile: Wish i could say the same, i have no money left, and bills due out today and now im going to get charged for late payments really annoyed, i could understand if i was a knew applicant but this after 4 years is really bad. This is the last thing you need when you have exams :frown: yes i agree someone needs to look into this or re-consider hiring useless chimps in future x:angry:

Yeah your right.... God knows who they are hiring in those offices, probably someone who is computer illiterate :rolleyes: in regards to your charges, I am sure that if you speak with the bank, they should be able to reverse them, considering the situation.... I have done this with Natwest before and they have been very good. All my charges I have ever had with Natwest, I have challenged, and I am good at the old fight on the phone, and getting my way :biggrin: so far, its worked.... just tell them the truth and as them to waive the charges, as a 'one off' :biggrin:
Mine hasn't come in either and I'm with Natwest. To the OP - you've got £200 to spare, it will be in there in a few days so don't panic - it'll be fine!
Reply 19
We’re sorry - there’s been a delay in the banks transfer system and some of you due to be paid your third instalment today will now be paid tomorrow. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending