The Student Room Group

What would make your parents dissapointed?

Scroll to see replies

My mum would be pretty disappointed if I never had settled down and had a baby. In fact she's been casually mentioning wanting to be a grandparent since I was 15, which is pretty weird.
Reply 101
If I got myself addicted to hard drugs.
If I committed a crime that they didn't see as justifiable. I'm sure my mother would forgive me for certain violent acts to people who deserve it lol although she would be disappointed that I was dumb enough to get caught. haha
If I didn't do my best at Uni they would be a bit disappointed as in their eyes I'm a genius :rolleyes:
Getting pregnant. Mainly for the above reason (it would/could affect my studies) and also because my mum really does not want to be a grand mother yet as that means she is old haha

Nothing realistic would make them disown me. They would just simply be disappointed for the above, but I expect most parents would be.
Lol why the neg, not my fault my parents are strict :p:
Well, I think if i got pregnant, my mum would totally freak out. She already knows i drink, used to/still occasionally smoke... would be terrified if i got a tattoo i think, but i;m also against them (not really against them, as much as i couldn't stand the pain) so that's covered. Probably if i got into drugs, that would make her want to kill me :biggrin: Other than that, she's always supported me in my decisions concerning my education and has never said anything about my grades.
My father doesn't care.
Original post by Deadlifts
No matter how controlling or laissez faire your parents are, there will undoubtedly be something that you do that will make them thing of you in negative terms - whether it's simple annoyance or being disowned completely - what actions, behaviours, or beliefs will make your parents dissapointed?

For me, although my parents aren't at all controlling and don't interfere in my life in nearly every part. Yet I know they would definitely be dissapointed in me if I did/and they they found it I did illicit drugs; if I was homosexual and came out to them they would be pretty upset; they'd also not be too happy if I got some girl pregnant.

The only thing I know they'd be very pissed off to the point of perhaps disowning me would be if I got a tattoo, sounds silly but, my parents have very strong feelings against tattoos - for various cultural, religious etc. reasons that I won't go into.

They'd also be pretty pissed of if I had children and decided to raise them out irreligious (as in not Jewish), they wouldn't mind if I went out with or married someone who's not Jewish but, unfortunately for them they're going to be a bit miffed when I raise my children secular - they see it as "letting Hitler win".

What about yourselves then?

I think I have to agree with you on the children thing, except religion doesn't really come into play with my family :smile:. I am 17, and if I came home and told my mother I was pregnant, she would be so upset and dissapointed with me, that she could potentially throw me out. I think she would be dissapointed if I dropped out of sixth form too. However, my mother is on the whole really supportive of everything I decide to do, and one of the most common phrases I hear from her is: "At the end of the day, it's your life. You can live it however you please" :biggrin:
They're pretty laid-back - they just assume I've done all those normal teenager things.
Probably turning out like my brother would disappoint them - nearly 22, no job, no home, no qualifications, no ambition. And he never rings my mum who is seriously ill. A nice chap.
Reply 106
Oh, and my parents would be very disapointed if they knew how much time I spend on TSR when I tell them I'm 'revising'. :tongue:
Original post by justlol
do you cut yourself?

Er, no, why would I?
Reply 108
If i get pregnant out of wedlock
If i had sex before marriage
If i did any types of drugs or drank alcohol
If i dont go to uni
If i get a tattoo or another piercing
If i dont get married
If i was to convert to another religion
If i were to marry a non christian
If i were to be a homosexual

My parents are very conservative people and very traditional! I however will be a very liberal parent
Original post by winning11
don't know why people put up with children like you
your parents must be so proud.. if they don't give a **** at least discipline yourself

In a word; lolzers.

Since when did I ever say that my parents "don't care"?
I've taken full responsibility for every short-coming that I've ever had in my life, it's something you do when you grow up (talking of growing up, I'm assuming it's something you've never done seeing as you have to act like a tough guy via the Internet, presumably to make you feel better about yourself by attempting to [and in doing so, failing] belittle others).

I smoke reefer because there are no ****ing reasons whatsoever that it should be illegal, and if there are reasons why it should be, then those same reasons apply to alcohol and smoking (similar reasons, not always the same). I explained and gave a very thorough argument concerning those issues towards my mum, who both understands why I prefer doing it to alcohol, and prefers my doing it as opposed to alcohol.
When my parents found out that I was doing it a few years back during college then they went ape-**** at me (and for smoking; they found out at the same time), I don't **** about when it comes down to honesty). I told them I'd stop smoking weed, and six months later, I did.

My dad smokes. That's not the reason I smoke, but it makes it a hell of a lot harder for them to be pissed at me concerning that.

As for drinking; everyone who drinks has had funny moments similar to the ones I imparted. I don't drink any more because alcohol stopped agreeing with me, and I started getting aggressive when drunk. Hey, does that look like RESPONSIBILITY to you? Sure does to me.

Concerning college; I have no problem admitting I ****ed up my first year due to drug use (although it wasn't heavy use, I sure as hell preferred smoking weed to being in a classroom. Having said that, there isn't a single black mark on my attendance record, so I must've been doing something right. Oh, look, our old friend RESPONSIBILITY has popped up again. Say hi to him, don't be rude).
I ****ed up my second year of college because I was enjoying ragging my then-girlfriend too much to care about revising.
All of that said, I only went to college to enjoy learning about subjects I enjoyed learning about, I never went for the academia, I went because I enjoyed it.

So I don't know what tree you're barking up, but I fully accept what has happened in my life, and place it all at my own feet. But do you know what? I'm happy with the way I am and the way my life turned out. Maybe in a few years I'll turn around and think "I wonder what going to Uni is like?", but until then, I simply couldn't give a toss because I'm one happy mofo.

And yes, my parents are very proud of me. So here, I made this "**** you" especially for you. Make sure you water it twice a day.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by chiksy
Loool :rofl::rofl: which of these???:p:p:tongue:

Actually, I take that back, I could help you accomplish ALL of these :yep:

Original post by chiksy
If i leave uni
If i ever get pregnant
if i get together with a poor chav
if i had any tatoo
if i commit a crime
If i ever try drugs
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You get with me (i'm actually what you might consider a chav: I have a lower class accent, my rents live in a council house, my sister has a son - who I love to pieces - out of wedlock, and I have atleast 2 relatives behind bars. Not one word of a lie.), we have a little chav baby together (boy of course), we get a tattoo of our love (or you do at least - I hate needles), i'll teach you how to steal whole shopping trolleys full of shopping and I have plenty pals frim school who I can get some charlie off of for you to snort.

Let the corruption begin. :colone:
Reply 111
Original post by pooo
Actually, I take that back, I could help you accomplish ALL of these :yep:

You get with me (i'm actually what you might consider a chav: I have a lower class accent, my rents live in a council house, my sister has a son - who I love to pieces - out of wedlock, and I have atleast 2 relatives behind bars. Not one word of a lie.), we have a little chav baby together (boy of course), we get a tattoo of our love (or you do at least - I hate needles), i'll teach you how to steal whole shopping trolleys full of shopping and I have plenty pals frim school who I can get some charlie off of for you to snort.

Let the corruption begin. :colone:

Daaam,your good:cute:
I laughed my ass off!!!:yep::yep::yep:[s]
Thank you for lifting up my stressed out mood:tongue::sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
What wouldn't is the question. :colonhash:
Reply 113
Original post by chiksy

[QUOTE="chiksy;30830093"]Daaam,your good:cute:
I laughed my ass off!!!:yep::yep::yep::[br]:

Tbf, I think you'll be the one corrupting me, look at your neg rep! Wtf have you been up to girl?! :zomg:
Reply 114
Original post by pooo
Tbf, I think you'll be the one corrupting me, look at your neg rep! Wtf have you been up to girl?! :zomg:

errrrrrrrr, im actually really bad girl!!!Even worse than your pals from school :teehee::yep:
get pregnant while still in school
don't graduate
get a tattoo
marry too young
cause a divorce (they said they wouldn't mind me getting divorced if it wasn't my fault ie abuse or adultery on the man's part)
do anything illegal (they follow laws to the tee)
do drugs

as far as getting married or not, what career i decide to do, whether or not i have kids, religion choice etcetcetc they all don't care about so long as i'm happy, so i guess i'm lucky. :smile: and, honestly, all the things they said (except maybe do anything illegal - i've drunk underage and such) i would be disappointed in myself as well if i did them.
Now-a-days my mere existence disappoints them...
Reply 117
Original post by chiksy

Original post by chiksy
errrrrrrrr, im actually really bad girl!!!Even worse than your pals from school :teehee::yep:

:rofl: dont think so pal

Original post by Anonymous
Now-a-days my mere existence disappoints them...

:console: :s-smilie:
Original post by Drunk Punx
In a word; lolzers.

Since when did I ever say that my parents "don't care"?
I've taken full responsibility for every short-coming that I've ever had in my life, it's something you do when you grow up (talking of growing up, I'm assuming it's something you've never done seeing as you have to act like a tough guy via the Internet, presumably to make you feel better about yourself by attempting to [and in doing so, failing] belittle others).

I smoke reefer because there are no ****ing reasons whatsoever that it should be illegal, and if there are reasons why it should be, then those same reasons apply to alcohol and smoking (similar reasons, not always the same). I explained and gave a very thorough argument concerning those issues towards my mum, who both understands why I prefer doing it to alcohol, and prefers my doing it as opposed to alcohol.
When my parents found out that I was doing it a few years back during college then they went ape-**** at me (and for smoking; they found out at the same time), I don't **** about when it comes down to honesty). I told them I'd stop smoking weed, and six months later, I did.

My dad smokes. That's not the reason I smoke, but it makes it a hell of a lot harder for them to be pissed at me concerning that.

As for drinking; everyone who drinks has had funny moments similar to the ones I imparted. I don't drink any more because alcohol stopped agreeing with me, and I started getting aggressive when drunk. Hey, does that look like RESPONSIBILITY to you? Sure does to me.

Concerning college; I have no problem admitting I ****ed up my first year due to drug use (although it wasn't heavy use, I sure as hell preferred smoking weed to being in a classroom. Having said that, there isn't a single black mark on my attendance record, so I must've been doing something right. Oh, look, our old friend RESPONSIBILITY has popped up again. Say hi to him, don't be rude).
I ****ed up my second year of college because I was enjoying ragging my then-girlfriend too much to care about revising.
All of that said, I only went to college to enjoy learning about subjects I enjoyed learning about, I never went for the academia, I went because I enjoyed it.

So I don't know what tree you're barking up, but I fully accept what has happened in my life, and place it all at my own feet. But do you know what? I'm happy with the way I am and the way my life turned out. Maybe in a few years I'll turn around and think "I wonder what going to Uni is like?", but until then, I simply couldn't give a toss because I'm one happy mofo.

And yes, my parents are very proud of me. So here, I made this "**** you" especially for you. Make sure you water it twice a day.

lmao i just realised that i could check who quoted me... i just changed the settings..
btw i didn't read what you wrote, but i hope venting made you feel better... you wasted a lot of time typing but you must have felt at ease afterwards :tongue:
Probably if I ended up in prison or something. My parents are cooler than me, tattoos and drug taking and young pregnancy wouldn't phase them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending