The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I used to live 23 miles away from a shop :biggrin: Try having to go 130 miles to the nearest centre :tongue:

Woow!:eek:
Original post by liviaaa
Woow!:eek:

Yep. Forsinard (have a look on google maps post code KW13 6YT) isn't exactly jumpin' :biggrin:

What usually blows people's minds is that I live 5.5 hours NORTH of Aberdeen.
Reply 1382
Original post by Quackers93
I know how you feel (well felt) :/I also hate how you don't know exactly how good is good so you feel rubbish. Mines were between 600 and 680 but i kept reading everywhere "it you must be above average" which put me down :/ I couldn't decide what was more upsetting: not getting into uni this year or having to resit the ukcat :tongue:

Where did you apply and did you get any interviews?

Yeah, it's s.h.i.t. I wasn't aware of how little time I had in the first section so didn't even get to guess... ended up with 540 for VR. I got 600 QR, 690 AR, 620 DA... So an average of 612.5 and I knew straight away that it wasn't good enough for my first choice.

Yeah I'm REALLY not looking forward to sitting in that stupid test centre again, and doing that pointless stupid test again...

I applied for St Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee.

Didn't realise I was under the St. Andrews cut-off so that was a waste of time. And I don't know why I applied to Edinburgh. I got rejected from Aberdeen but got an interview at Dundee... SOOOOOOOO gutted when I saw the wee "unsuccessful" pop up on UCAS. When I got feedback, when ranked against other interviewees my interview scored average and was only above average for one section... oh well.

How about you?
Reply 1383
Yep. Forsinard (have a look on google maps post code KW13 6YT) isn't exactly jumpin' :biggrin:

Wow..that's so far North! I keep zooming out like, what I don't recognise this shape as the UK? Then I gradually realised it's because it was so far up!
Reply 1384

WUT? How is this even...
Reply 1385
Original post by Braddd

Didn't realise I was under the St. Andrews cut-off so that was a waste of time.

So are we told the cut offs for each uni, before we apply?
Original post by Braddd
WUT? How is this even...

Oh it really is :biggrin:
Original post by liviaaa
Wow..that's so far North! I keep zooming out like, what I don't recognise this shape as the UK? Then I gradually realised it's because it was so far up!

It is rather quiet :smile: And it kind of puts some journeys into perspective :rolleyes: I didn't really enjoy the getting up at 6.30 and getting 2 buses to get to school :tongue:
Reply 1388
Original post by liviaaa

Some unis do. St andrews stated that "anyone with score under 2457 is unlikely to be considered"

I scored 2450...

Check the university websites before applying. If it isn't stated on the website then I'd look at the previous year's thread for that uni as you might be able to get some sort of idea what the cut-off might be.
Original post by Braddd
Yeah, it's s.h.i.t. I wasn't aware of how little time I had in the first section so didn't even get to guess... ended up with 540 for VR. I got 600 QR, 690 AR, 620 DA... So an average of 612.5 and I knew straight away that it wasn't good enough for my first choice.

Yeah I'm REALLY not looking forward to sitting in that stupid test centre again, and doing that pointless stupid test again...

I applied for St Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Dundee.

Didn't realise I was under the St. Andrews cut-off so that was a waste of time. And I don't know why I applied to Edinburgh. I got rejected from Aberdeen but got an interview at Dundee... SOOOOOOOO gutted when I saw the wee "unsuccessful" pop up on UCAS. When I got feedback, when ranked against other interviewees my interview scored average and was only above average for one section... oh well.

How about you?

I think my average was 632.5 which is slightly above the 600 thats claimed average but I think this year you had to have a really good one because most I think just used ti to kick people out to get rid of the sheer voume of applicants :/

I applied to all the same :biggrin: St. Andrews have a cut off? :s-smilie: I never knew that... I'll need to try and get a good one this year then :/ I spoke to a woman from their at a ucas fair thing and she said that I must have had a good ps to have gotten an interview which implies ps is quite key :s-smilie: I don't know why I really applied to Edinburgh either, I loved the city and the school but the admissions tutor was really rude to me and so was another woman recently stupid people :tongue:

I got rejected from Dundee really early. I just assumed I was below the cut off but (no offence) I guess not :s ah wells I just put it down cause I didn't know where else to put. :rolleyes:

I'm awaiting feedback. So far I've mainly got that there were better applicants which was oh so helpeful so applied for more :tongue: where are you considering applying to this year?
Original post by Braddd
Some unis do. St andrews stated that "anyone with score under 2457 is unlikely to be considered"

I scored 2450...

Check the university websites before applying. If it isn't stated on the website then I'd look at the previous year's thread for that uni as you might be able to get some sort of idea what the cut-off might be.

Be wary. They may pull a Glasgow i.e raising the cutoff from 2400 to something like 2500 after the application deadline :tongue: Many people were not amused.
Reply 1391
Original post by Braddd

I scored 2450...

Okay thanks!

I'm slightly confused though.. I thought it was between the score of 300-900?
Original post by liviaaa

Most don't, you have to work out a reasonable estimate from previous years. Sheffield's for 2011 entry was 715 or so, which is ridiculously high, whereas others have much lower ones, although generally it's above 600 for the ones that do use UKCAT cutoffs
Reply 1393
Be wary. They may pull a Glasgow i.e raising the cutoff from 2400 to something like 2500 after the application deadline :tongue: Many people were not amused.

Yeah they even told me at the open day it would be around 2500. Good job I came on here and saw it would be around 3600.
Original post by liviaaa
Okay thanks!

they are for each individual test but eg2500 is refering to the total score :smile:
Original post by liviaaa
Okay thanks!

Individual tests are between 300 and 900, totals are between 1200 and 3600
Reply 1396
Original post by liviaaa
Okay thanks!

It's scored like that for each section, but remember there are four sections. So really the whole thing is out of 3600 (900 max for each).
I used to live 23 miles away from a shop :biggrin: Try having to go 130 miles to the nearest centre :tongue:

ouch! :eek:

I think my nearest one is like 10 minutes away :tongue:
Original post by Braddd
Yeah they even told me at the open day it would be around 2500. Good job I came on here and saw it would be around 3600.

Was that a joke or did you type 3 by accident :tongue:

650+ Will be ok for Scottish unis (famous last words...) if they use a cutoff. Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee etc scale. i.e they will consider any score and then give points for how high it is, so they may reject you based on it.
Original post by thegodofgod
ouch! :eek:

I think my nearest one is like 10 minutes away :tongue:

So none of you have any right to complain about anything involving travel, distance, weather, price of diesel (£1.47 last time I checked) :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending