The Student Room Group

Really like her, but she has a boyfriend

I've known her for about 7 months now. I say 'known', she's been in my class for that time, we haven't spoken to each other. I don't know her boyfriend, but I think they are quite serious.

What the hell do I do? Tell her? I don't want her to think that some quiet guy who she doesn't know is a creep. I also don't want to put her in an uncomfortable position, what with her having a boyfriend. I also don't want to make things awkward for the remainder of the year.

Girls, if you were in her position, how would you react?

Scroll to see replies

You've never spoken to her before? She's not gonna leave her boyfriend for you.

Let it go.
Reply 2
Original post by goddogit
you really should pay attention to naming your thread a bit more wisely to actually get people to read it next time.

What?:confused:
its been 7 months and you still haven't spoken to her... you have no chance, go find somebody else
Reply 4
Don't be faggot and go after a girl if she's taken.
Reply 5
You could always do what a TSRian 'apparantly' did yesterday...tell her he died?:facepalm:
Original post by Kitty Pryde
You've never spoken to her before? She's not gonna leave her boyfriend for you.

Let it go.

seconded
The question is, how single is she on a scale of 1-10?
start talking to her.
Reply 9
Its easy if you know how, but with you not chatting to her and making her feel comfortable in your presence your on the back foot from the start, why not just be friends with her and chat to her alot, show her the man you can be and you never know.

Rule No 2 of the players guide.

2.3-A - Tell them what they want to hear.

And most importantly Rule No 1

1. Know your opponent.

Putting them together should get you started.

Good luck, If you need more advice get to the doctors.
Do nothing, get over it, you will, switch your attentions to someone more available.

You haven't even got a friendship with this person and even if you did, shes unavailable and therefore off limits, why tell her and make it awkward for both of you?
im in the same position as you but ive known this girl properly for 8 months and we've talked a lot, currently having a pokin war on fb.
you have to get to know her properly and then perhaps tell her, but its best not to as it would make things awkward
Reply 12
I don't think your biggest worry is that she has a boyfriend. I think the biggest problem is that you've never spoken to her.
Reply 13
Original post by The Polar Dude
im in the same position as you but ive known this girl properly for 8 months and we've talked a lot, currently having a pokin war on fb.
you have to get to know her properly and then perhaps tell her, but its best not to as it would make things awkward

You sound like a great guy and all, but I don't think a "poking war on facebook" is gonna get you the girl....

Maybe just ask her out already? :wink:

OP - you probably shouldn't follow that advice.
If you've never spoken to her how do you really know if you like her? :confused:
Oh come on. You've never spoken to her. I hope you're taking the piss? I've heard of the 3-second rule but never the 7-month rule.
Reply 15
even though he hasnt spoken to her he can still like her, his groin area will tell him everything he needs to know.
Reply 16
how do you know you even like her as a person?
Just because there a goalie doesn't mean you can't score :wink:
Reply 18
This can only end badly, stay away. As a girl, I'd be pretty creeped out if a guy I hadn't even spoken to wanted me to leave my boyfriend for him.
Reply 19
start talking to her? shes not gonna leave her boyfriend for you when shes never spoken to you.. sorry :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending