The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100
Wow, I've found someone else like me! And I'm worse, I hate going outside during the summer! Most people love it, but I'm just not an outdoor person! The bees and flies are constantly buzzing around, I spent last summer sitting in my room!

Hehe, me and my friend have been meaning to watch all the disney films we haven't seen since we were kids for ages and this holiday is an amazing opportunity. Latest film we watched is Lilo and Stitch.

:heart: :excited:

Hehe, I can't imagine not loving summer. I'm so unjustifiably happy with everything when it's sunny. :p: The bees and flies are annoying but the warmth so makes up for it. You must be really annoyed atm with the really lush weather though. :s-smilie:
Reply 1921
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Hehe, me and my friend have been meaning to watch all the disney films we haven't seen since we were kids for ages and this holiday is an amazing opportunity. Latest film we watched is Lilo and Stitch.

:heart: :excited:

Hehe, I can't imagine not loving summer. I'm so unjustifiably happy with everything when it's sunny. :p: The bees and flies are annoying but the warmth so makes up for it. You must be really annoyed atm with the really lush weather though. :s-smilie:

I prefer the watching the nice weather through a window. Sounds really sad. My dad says I need to embrace nature more but it's just a bit... full of bugs for my liking. I like the films like toy story, cars and ice age etc, I didn't really get to watch many disney cartoons when I was younger (lived in China until I was 7, before moving to Leeds and we had a TV with 5 channels and luxuries like DVDs were out of the question). Now I used my 3 year old brother as an excuse to watch all the cartoons.
Original post by cz100
I prefer the watching the nice weather through a window. Sounds really sad. My dad says I need to embrace nature more but it's just a bit... full of bugs for my liking. I like the films like toy story, cars and ice age etc, I didn't really get to watch many disney cartoons when I was younger (lived in China until I was 7, before moving to Leeds and we had a TV with 5 channels and luxuries like DVDs were out of the question). Now I used my 3 year old brother as an excuse to watch all the cartoons.

Is China not a hot country? :colondollar: /ignorance. If it is, how was it growing up there?

It's not sad, I have friends who aren't fans of the sun either, it's just preference. I hate snow, for one thing. :p:

Ah, you prefer the newer ones. I love them as well, I love the adult humour in them that I'm only just getting now. :awesome:

Boo, DVDs. It was all about the videos man! :p: Weonly had the five channels until I was around 14 and I'm actually grateful for that... it meant I had to actually use my imagination to have fun whereas now my little sisters who are growing up with Freeview can sit in front of it all day quite happily. :p: Do you feel the same way?

Awww, three year old brother! That's so cute! I love three year olds, when they're coming out with this cute childish stuff and learning to express themselves properly etc. :smile:

Argh, the bees really annoy me! I have to open the windows else I'll boil, but stupid bees come in and get lost. :rolleyes:

Original post by ladycharchar
So for example: a care/residential home, working with young children, working with disabled adults, or special educational needs children, or volunteering on a hospital ward (helping with changing hospital beds, at meal times etc).

On one of my work experience placements as a teaching assistant for a few days I was working with a class which had several children with ADHD, one of which didn't speak English (only spoke a very, very rare Indian language, no staff understood him either). Do you think I should mention this, not sure if it would be significant enough to include, thanks.
Reply 1924
Is China not a hot country? :colondollar: /ignorance. If it is, how was it growing up there?

It's not sad, I have friends who aren't fans of the sun either, it's just preference. I hate snow, for one thing. :p:

Ah, you prefer the newer ones. I love them as well, I love the adult humour in them that I'm only just getting now. :awesome:

Boo, DVDs. It was all about the videos man! :p: Weonly had the five channels until I was around 14 and I'm actually grateful for that... it meant I had to actually use my imagination to have fun whereas now my little sisters who are growing up with Freeview can sit in front of it all day quite happily. :p: Do you feel the same way?

Awww, three year old brother! That's so cute! I love three year olds, when they're coming out with this cute childish stuff and learning to express themselves properly etc. :smile:

It is, but that was when I was young and didn't care much about the weather.
Ahh videos... just goes to show I didn't keep up with the 'technology' then, I didn't have any videos either!
It's true, my brother can sit all day watching things he likes on TV if you let him, but he jumps about as well acting out all the characters if he knows it (so in toy story he'd pretend to be Buzz, and in Cars he pretends to be Frank).
3 year olds can be cute as anything when they want to, but when they are being annoying one would happily lock them up.
I really wish I had friends who would watch childish movies with me, but the only one who might always goes away for holidays :frown:
Reply 1925
Original post by Normandy114
Argh, the bees really annoy me! I have to open the windows else I'll boil, but stupid bees come in and get lost. :rolleyes:

I just open my window a fraction and keep it in the lock thing, and stupid fat bees always fly into it with a dull 'thud'. I'm surprised they don't get knocked out.

Haha, I know what you mean. As I was typing my reply to cz a bee flew in and started buzzing around the room. :colonhash: And there are about three spiders in my room atm which have crawled in through the window I always have widely open. I might as well migrate to the jungle.
Reply 1927
Haha, I know what you mean. As I was typing my reply to cz a bee flew in and started buzzing around the room. :colonhash: And there are about three spiders in my room atm which have crawled in through the window I always have widely open. I might as well migrate to the jungle.

:afraid: spiders... but the thing I'm most scared of are those daddy long legs things... crane flies are they called? They are so ugly and unlike flies who generally fly away, they tend to fly straight at you
Original post by cz100
It is, but that was when I was young and didn't care much about the weather.
Ahh videos... just goes to show I didn't keep up with the 'technology' then, I didn't have any videos either!
It's true, my brother can sit all day watching things he likes on TV if you let him, but he jumps about as well acting out all the characters if he knows it (so in toy story he'd pretend to be Buzz, and in Cars he pretends to be Frank).
3 year olds can be cute as anything when they want to, but when they are being annoying one would happily lock them up.
I really wish I had friends who would watch childish movies with me, but the only one who might always goes away for holidays :frown:

Ah, fair enough. The older you get, the sweatier you get. :cry:

Awww, I loved my videos. :smile: We have a video of every year of our family life... so like (surname) 2001- (surname)2010 on video. It's a really good idea :smile:

Awww, that is so cute! He's going to grow up being really creative, I reckon.

Haha, I know what you mean, my sister's 5 and sometimes she's just stubborn and annoying and I have zilch patience. I guess it's good though, having much younger siblings because it means you can relate to your parents more. :redface:

Awww, that's a shame. :frown: You don't need friends to watch Disney though, it's one of those things that's just as amazing on your own.
Original post by cz100
:afraid: spiders... but the thing I'm most scared of are those daddy long legs things... crane flies are they called? They are so ugly and unlike flies who generally fly away, they tend to fly straight at you

:eek: I've never come across a crane fly before.

That's horrifying! Do we have them in the UK? Please say no.

How have you never seen one before? Yes they're definitely in the UK, but normally only come out around September.
Reply 1931

Seriously? They are my biggest fears, hate them more than spiders. When they get in the house they sort of bounce off the walls, and are really slow too so you can't even chase them because they don't fly fast enough and you end up catching it. Where do you live if you haven't seen them? I might move there.
Reply 1932
Haha, exactly. Most of these holidays I've spent sat in parks and watching disney films (I'm the most uncool teenager ever haha), I doubt uni people will want to know. :p:

I jog but it's not like a commitment.... it's just when I want to. You develop a new kind of attitude from sport... like pushing yourself for the gratification afterwards but I'd feel like I was clutching on straws mentioning it. :dontknow:

I think this will go to your PS ultimately then: "I jog regularly so as to keep fit"
:tongue:
How have you never seen one before? Yes they're definitely in the UK, but normally only come out around September.

No idea how I've managed to avoid them but I'm really glad I have. :p: Ah, that's ok, September is ages away, I'm safe for another few months. Do they sting or anything?

Original post by cz100
Seriously? They are my biggest fears, hate them more than spiders. When they get in the house they sort of bounce off the walls, and are really slow too so you can't even chase them because they don't fly fast enough and you end up catching it. Where do you live if you haven't seen them? I might move there.

Ewwww! They're so strange. :| Newcastle, dunno if there's fewer of them here or if I've just been lucky. :p:
Original post by Ergo
I think this will go to your PS ultimately then: "I jog regularly so as to keep fit"
:tongue:

I'm liking the sound of that, good phrasing. :w00t:
No idea how I've managed to avoid them but I'm really glad I have. :p: Ah, that's ok, September is ages away, I'm safe for another few months. Do they sting or anything?

Ewwww! They're so strange. :| Newcastle, dunno if there's fewer of them here or if I've just been lucky. :p:

No they're completely harmless, just annoying when they fly everywhere. There's an urban myth that they have incredibly deadly poison, but that's completely wrong.
On one of my work experience placements as a teaching assistant for a few days I was working with a class which had several children with ADHD, one of which didn't speak English (only spoke a very, very rare Indian language, no staff understood him either). Do you think I should mention this, not sure if it would be significant enough to include, thanks.

Yes! Definitely! If you think about it that's a pretty unique experience you have there, it'll most likely make you stand out because I doubt many other applicants will have experienced that too. Just think: Can you reflect on it? What skills has it emphasized? I'd mention it, but only if you can show you've got something out of it!
Original post by ladycharchar
Yes! Definitely! If you think about it that's a pretty unique experience you have there, it'll most likely make you stand out because I doubt many other applicants will have experienced that too. Just think: Can you reflect on it? What skills has it emphasized? I'd mention it, but only if you can show you've got something out of it!

Yeah that's a good point, I could probably put something about it helping develop communication skills seeing as it was very difficult to try to explain things to them. Thanks.
Yeah that's a good point, I could probably put something about it helping develop communication skills seeing as it was very difficult to try to explain things to them. Thanks.

Exactly :smile: Good luck!
Reply 1939
Right

Applying:

Newcastle
Leicester
Leeds

Dunno the last one... 5 year as a graduate

x

Latest

Trending

Trending