The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
I'm still deciding but my main choices are Newcastle, Kings, Bristol, Exeter, Edinburgh, UCL and maybe some more of the London univeristies.

Do you have any in mind?

Oh cool:smile:
I'm thinking about Barts, Peninsula, Cardiff, Newcastle, Kings, Bristol and possibly cambridge.
Original post by thegodofgod
Wow that's harsh! (the Manchester campus thing)

Have you decided where you're going to apply this time round then?

Best of luck :biggrin:

I have a list at the moment but that will probably change: Newcastle, st Andrews, peninsula, UEA, hull-York, keele

What about you?
I screwed up my Physics ISA already, God I hate coursework!!!
How many hours a day of revision are people doing now? I'm doing five hours a day. And it's excrutiatingly boring. Especially Classical Civilisation.
Reply 2444
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Conspiracy theories get a bit boring.

Original post by RoadRunner
Haha was just about to say that

RoadRunner: Slightly ironic? :tongue:
Reply 2445
Original post by navarre
How many hours a day of revision are people doing now? I'm doing five hours a day. And it's excrutiatingly boring. Especially Classical Civilisation.

I don't set a time limit, just a list of 3/4 things I want to get done in a day, then however long it takes me. :smile:
Reply 2446
4 rejections :angry: re-applying :biggrin:
Reply 2447
Original post by Radekal
4 rejections :angry: re-applying :biggrin:

Awh no :/

Good luck this year! I'm sure you'll be more succesful second time around. :smile:
Original post by liviaaa
RoadRunner: Slightly ironic? :tongue:

Maybe a tad :P
Original post by spoinkytheduck
I think you get the results straight away... :smile:

Ah excellent, then yeah I'll definitely do it earlier so I can best choose my unis :biggrin:
Original post by navarre

Amen to that, are you doing AQA?
Also which topics are you doing?
I find the subject interesting, but Tacitus is so frustrating, always going off on tangents...
Reply 2451
Original post by kateamelia
Ah excellent, then yeah I'll definitely do it earlier so I can best choose my unis :biggrin:

Yup, it's cheaper earlier too. :tongue:
Original post by liviaaa
Yup, it's cheaper earlier too. :tongue:

Yeah they print off the scores for you straight after :smile:
Original post by kateamelia
Amen to that, are you doing AQA?
Also which topics are you doing?
I find the subject interesting, but Tacitus is so frustrating, always going off on tangents...

I'm with AQA. The unit 1 we're doing (the one I'm revising the most) is Women in Athens and Rome. Unit 2 is The Odyssey.

Which units are you doing?

I was decieved when I took it that it would be as interesting as history.
Reply 2454
Original post by liviaaa
Awh no :/

Good luck this year! I'm sure you'll be more succesful second time around. :smile:

Reply 2455
Original post by Radekal

:smile: Do you know where you'll be applying?
Reply 2456
Original post by liviaaa
:smile: Do you know where you'll be applying?

Probably a bit less prestigious than last year (Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Leeds). I was thinking UCL, King's and 2 others
Reply 2457
Original post by Radekal
Probably a bit less prestigious than last year (Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Leeds). I was thinking UCL, King's and 2 others

Okay cool :smile: I'm thinking: Birmingham, Newcastle, Nottingham and Sheffield.
Original post by liviaaa
Okay cool :smile: I'm thinking: Birmingham, Newcastle, Nottingham and Sheffield.

One of my friends' friends applied to Nottingham for medicine and got an interview, and apprently at the interview he was asked to dissect a human cadaver and remove the spleen!

Not sure if that's true though! :erm: :K:
Original post by platty1907
I have a list at the moment but that will probably change: Newcastle, st Andrews, peninsula, UEA, hull-York, keele

What about you?

Probably UCL/Kings (Kings if UKCAT is abouve 730ish), Newcastle, Leicester, Keele.

Not sure if I want to put down a fifth non-medical choice though, and if I do decide to put one down, I don't know what it'll be :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending