The Student Room Group

Having a white girlfriend or boyfriend is a sign of social status

Because what could be a better demonstration that one's become part of white society than to copulate with the natives? I have heard this sentiment expressed in as much words from some friends who are non-white, that once you go white, you've "made it" and become the envy of their social group.

Agree?

Scroll to see replies

Suits me fine - plenty of hot Asian girls about, and all the better if the're specifically after a white guy like me. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Oh look, its this thread again.

Reply 3
Then they're idiots.
Reply 4
Or it could mean you love the person regardless of their skin colour.
What a crock of ****. :colonhash:
Reply 6
I suppose some feel that way. I know a couple of Indian guys with white girlfriends who brag about it endlessly. And I have several dark-skinned girlfriends who bleach their skin, so there's a pattern there. Although majority doesn't like to admit it.
Reply 7
Original post by StephenP91
Then they're idiots.

Is it sad I understand your sig? :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by The-Real-One

Not at all, I do too :pierre:
I know, my girlfriend has cemented my status among my white peers, and has been integral in my induction to the highest echelons of British society.

Isn't she beautiful? :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
Depends. Just as many people see it as betrayal, many more don't care either way. There is no cut-and-dry reaction to interracial relationships from non-white communities.
Reply 11
Original post by The-Real-One

Anyone who has done AS-level Maths will understand the joke (or even Add Maths in your GCSE years). So no. It's not sad. Or anything special.
Not again..
Hmm depends. If she's really pretty then yeah maybe, but if she's a whale then i doubt it.
I know this Nigerian guy that dates this pretty Welsh girl. He's the most stuck up arrogant bastard. Think's the sun shines just for him.
Original post by Killer Bean
I know, my girlfriend has cemented my status among my white peers, and has been integral in my induction to the highest echelons of British society.

Isn't she beautiful? :love:

Wow where did you find that one? I've been hunting for years now and not encountered that rare species. :rolleyes:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Wow where did you find that one? I've been hunting for years now and not encountered that rare species. :rolleyes:

What? I know people use that one all the time, but the specific picture is kinda besides the point...
Original post by Killer Bean
What? I know people use that one all the time, but the specific picture is kinda besides the point...

*last post :facepalm:
Original post by StephenP91
Then they're idiots.

:lol: LOL at your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
*last post
:facepalm:

I gathered that ("I know people use that one all the time"). That post could mean a couple of things, though: you could have been criticising my use of such a common picture, and probably by extension the regurgitation the same kind of nonsense you often get with these kinds of responses (which is fair enough, but I'd disagree), or it could've been in agreement with my implicit point. Though I got a sense of sardonicism from the rolling eyes, so I guessed you meant the former. I'm still not sure what you meant by that comment.

Yep, I'm **** at reading between the lines.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
I am black and have a white bf, but I certainly do not see him as a status symbol because of his skin colour. If anything I am proud of his achievements as I would be if he were black. Although I concede that black men in particular seem to hold many of the OP's sentiments. I really don't know why white men/women are seen as something extra special. If you fall in love/lust great but if you date just for the skin colour it is pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending