The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Well no but I used to at home :smile:

Where's the cue ball going? :eek:

Haha, hang on!!! :eek::eek:
Original post by thegodofgod
You actually had a squash club near you? I thought you lived in the middle of nowhere! :eek:

John Virgo :biggrin:

Well my nearest town where I went to school (23 miles away) has a club :smile:
Original post by BOD13
Haha, hang on!!! :eek::eek:

Trump got what was coming, he better not turn into the snooker version of Andy Murray: Talented yet completely incapable of winning anything.
Trump got what was coming, he better not turn into the snooker version of Andy Murray: Talented yet completely incapable of winning anything.

He did win the China one earlier this year :redface:

Tbh - he deserved to win, he was playing so good

John Higgins just luckily had a few chances, e.g. when Judd either mi**** something or the cue ball went into a pocket :s-smilie:

John was very lucky :king1:

EDIT: LOL - I wanted to say "mis hit" (one word) and they thought it was "sh*t" :tongue:
He did win the China one earlier this year :redface:

Tbh - he deserved to win, he was playing so good

John Higgins just luckily had a few chances, e.g. when Judd either mi**** something or the cue ball went into a pocket :s-smilie:

John was very lucky :king1:

Yes and Andy Murray has also won lots of non-majors. If you don't win the UK, Grand Prix, Masters or the word then you are a nobody in snooker terms :tongue:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he will win one day. Higgins won more frames....maybe not quite spectacularly...but he won them none the less :smile:
Yes and Andy Murray has also won lots of non-majors. If you don't win the UK, Grand Prix, Masters or the word then you are a nobody in snooker terms :tongue:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he will win one day. Higgins won more frames....maybe not quite spectacularly...but he won them none the less :smile:

Hmm - never knew you followed snooker :colondollar:

You're in my good books then :top:
Hmm - never knew you followed snooker :colondollar:

You're in my good books then :top:

There are an awful lot of things you don't know about me....I hope :smile:
Original post by itsrayray:)
Oh cool:smile:
I'm thinking about Barts, Peninsula, Cardiff, Newcastle, Kings, Bristol and possibly cambridge.

Yeah, we have quite a few in common, Peninsula (Exeter), Kings, Nexcastle and Bristol :tongue:

Cool cambridge, does that depend if your teacher predicts you an A* then or your just not sure about the course?
There are an awful lot of things you don't know about me....I hope :smile:

Nah - I know everything - been stalking you for years :ninja:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nutta!
I'm definitely not applying to any London Universities.

Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester.. for me..

What are your preferences for uni?

Campus based? Course format?

Wow, how come no Lodon universities? Most of my choices are just whether I would enjoy living at the university as well as studying there. But I do think about course structure that's why i'm really not sure about UCL :s-smilie: They said on their site basically that for you to pass the whole year you need to pass all of the exams and you can only fail a year I think once, I can't remember exactly what I read but it did scare me.
Nah - I know everything - been stalking you for years :ninja:

:K:
Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
Wow, how come no Lodon universities? Most of my choices are just whether I would enjoy living at the university as well as studying there. But I do think about course structure that's why i'm really not sure about UCL :s-smilie: They said on their site basically that for you to pass the whole year you need to pass all of the exams and you can only fail a year I think once, I can't remember exactly what I read but it did scare me.

Yeah, that's true apparently - if you fail one test, you have to resit the whole lot, and if you fail once again during the whole course, you get kicked out :eek: :cry:
Yeah, that's true apparently - if you fail one test, you have to resit the whole lot, and if you fail once again during the whole course, you get kicked out :eek: :cry:

Tad harsh. You get 2 resit opportunities here.
Tad harsh. You get 2 resit opportunities here.

That's still a bit harsh, no? :colondollar:

Or am I being too much of a softy here? :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2614
Original post by cz100
Anyone here want to do pathology? :ninjagirl:
most people I talk to want to do paediatrics or surgery stuff, and I seem to be the weird one

I quite fancy pathology - histo or heamatology.
When I worked in an immunology lab, the immunologist spent more time with patients than in the lab - about 80% I'd say, she ran lots of clinics and had good relationships with her patients as they had long lasting conditions, and she got to deal with every stage of the diagnosis/ treatment which I thought seemed like something I'd enjoy (ie/ she met with them, decided on the tests they needed, sometimes ran the tests - {although very very occasionally to be fair} and then decided on treatment)

So yeah we'll be weird together :smile:
That's still a bit harsh, no? :colondollar:

No, not really. I think everyone deserves a second chance, I mean sometimes life gets on top of you and you need the right to resit but if you fail an exam 3 times then maybe the course isn't for you :smile:

There are some people in my year who have failed every single exam so far :redface: They have to resit the January ones whilst trying to revise for these May ones, 8 exams rather than 4 does not sound fun :s-smilie:
Reply 2616
guys, is there any time I should be booking my UKCAT if I want to take it in July/August?
No, not really. I think everyone deserves a second chance, I mean sometimes life gets on top of you and you need the right to resit but if you fail an exam 3 times then maybe the course isn't for you :smile:

There are some people in my year who have failed every single exam so far :redface: They have to resit the January ones whilst trying to revise for these May ones, 8 exams rather than 4 does not sound fun :s-smilie:

Ouch!

So if they fail these ones as well, they get kicked out?

Or if they miss by a very narrow margin (like 1%) - would they be given another chance?
Reply 2618
Original post by demesto
guys, is there any time I should be booking my UKCAT if I want to take it in July/August?

Booking opens from today. :smile:
Ouch!

So if they fail these ones as well, they get kicked out?

Or if they miss by a very narrow margin (like 1%) - would they be given another chance?

You get kicked out. I mean it is unfortunate, but failing the same exam 3 times :s-smilie: The uni have given them every chance.

Latest

Trending

Trending