The Student Room Group

Student finance and NHS bursary

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi, Does anyone have a rough idea of how much NHS bursary you can get for various household incomes? I know my parents can't help me financially and I'm worried I'm going to get very little because its still a good wage. Or even if anyone knows what wage gets you nothing (I'm sure thats not the case but it would be nice to know)
Original post by Darcie93
Hi, Does anyone have a rough idea of how much NHS bursary you can get for various household incomes? I know my parents can't help me financially and I'm worried I'm going to get very little because its still a good wage. Or even if anyone knows what wage gets you nothing (I'm sure thats not the case but it would be nice to know)

The NHS bursary calculator isn't very accurate at showing when you are entitled to nothing, but my friend who's parents earn £48,000 isn't entitled to anything at all.
Original post by Chazsucks
Hmmm for most people the reduced rate maintenance loan is around 2,300 - for those in london its about 1k more and for those living with parents its about 500 less.

Do you have a source for this, please? :smile: I'm finding it really difficult to track down any figures. I'll be studying at UCL and living in halls, but my permanent address will be outside London, if that makes a difference.
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
Do you have a source for this, please? :smile: I'm finding it really difficult to track down any figures. I'll be studying at UCL and living in halls, but my permanent address will be outside London, if that makes a difference.

Use this. Your entitlement is based on your address while you're studying, not your home address.
hey, i've got an offer from Derby to do diagnostic Radiography and i havent heard anything from them to do with student reference numbers... and i am starting to get abit worried now because i want to get my forms filled etc. I have read the convo above but i was wondering if anybody had recieved theirs yet? I am possibley going to ring up the university at some point today to enquire about some more imfomation because i feel quite clueless about it all if i am being honest :frown:
Original post by amylouisedavies
hey, i've got an offer from Derby to do diagnostic Radiography and i havent heard anything from them to do with student reference numbers... and i am starting to get abit worried now because i want to get my forms filled etc. I have read the convo above but i was wondering if anybody had recieved theirs yet? I am possibley going to ring up the university at some point today to enquire about some more imfomation because i feel quite clueless about it all if i am being honest :frown:

Your university doesn't have anything to do with the NHS bursary system. They send the letters with your customer reference number in them around the middle of June/early July. Try not to worry, as the NHS are much more efficient than Student Finance at processing the applications.
Ohh my gosh i am so confuzzled haha... so how do i know when to apply then, when they send me my customer reference number? But how do they know to send it to me? ahhh i feel like i know nothing :frown:
Ohh my gosh i am so confuzzled haha... so how do i know when to apply then, when they send me my customer reference number? But how do they know to send it to me? ahhh i feel like i know nothing :frown:

Your firm choice university have sent the NHS a list of NHS-funded students with your contact details.

The NHS bursary application form is now available to print off and fill in here, but you can't send it off until you've received your customer reference number to go on the front page.
Reply 28
I have read the convo above but i was wondering if anybody had recieved theirs yet? I am possibley going to ring up the university at some point today to enquire about some more imfomation because i feel quite clueless about it all if i am being honest :frown:

I received my reference number yesterday. I filled out the form last night and I'm sending it off next week. I have to wait for my birth certificate (which is sent from half way around the world). According to the letter I received, we have until the 1st of July to send them the form and all other relevant papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending