The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3660
Original post by Normandy114
Anyone started UKCAT prep yet? I started this week now that exams are over and there's not much to do in free periods now. DA and AR are ridiculously hard :s-smilie:

yup i started, i agree about AR, but im finding DA the easiest so far!...
i think the timing in QR sooooo difficult and as for AR...well, thats not really going to plan!! hmm.
Original post by a will way
you've started A2 content?

i had to self-learn most of my A/S content :smile: getting new teachers i hope/just about to!

i'm purely focusing on medicine for the next two months, then going to move on to A2 prep.

=/ i waste my days cause i do bare all!

Yeah, but school have started explaining UCAS, personal statement, reference etc.. to us.
In economics I've got a 5k word essay on the european union which is in for the end of the month
In chemistry we are doing are PSA on Aspirin which is worth 3 marks and counts towards are A2 ISA.
Original post by Chat-G
i think the timing in QR sooooo difficult and as for AR...well, thats not really going to plan!! hmm.

QR is the easiest, I just need to brush up on my mental arithmetic.
Original post by Chat-G

I don't find DA that difficult, but a lot of the time the answers are very, very similar are trying to work out which is right can be frustrating. QR isn't too bad imo. What book are you using? If it's the 600q one the QR in there is excessively hard, much harder than the practice tests.
Original post by Limesasquatch
I had 1 interview, and at newcastle where they interview over 1000 people (out of 3000 applicants, so many more interviews given out than usual) and i new i did s***, and recieved my feedback, and i got 90% of the criterea borderline, which i think the interviewers were to nice to give me unsatisfactory. Anyways i was probably the candidate who performed the worst...

Just thought id moan some more...

Aww lol :tongue: I nearly considered applying to there, but thought it was too close to home... 60miles away but still too close to home lol I think they also went for high ukcats so it wasn't worth me applying :tongue: where you considering reapplying too?
Original post by Quackers93
Aww lol :tongue: I nearly considered applying to there, but thought it was too close to home... 60miles away but still too close to home lol I think they also went for high ukcats so it wasn't worth me applying :tongue: where you considering reapplying too?

I was thinking of applying to newcastle too, but my brother does dentistry there. :frown:
Original post by Limitless
We've already started the A2 syllabus in most subjects, like in biology we are going to malham to study ecology and stuff. I hate ecology it's so boring. Human biology is the interesting stuff.

Yeah we started the A2 course back in January, but half of my periods are now frees so I've got a lot of free time.
Yeah we started the A2 course back in January, but half of my periods are now frees so I've got a lot of free time.

January? :s-smilie: What year are you in?
Original post by sablarrr
Which exam board are you with? That's a mahussive gap - all that work for an A, yet you could sleep in the exam and answer like 3 q's and get a B!? Haha. Good luck anyway :h:

I'm guessing you're a reapplicant then? :tongue:

OCR. Think I need 126/150 to get A overall (480ums) so thats like 84 outta 100. But only need 420 for a B so 66/150 which is like 44 outta 100. its really weird :s-smilie: if only you needed a B in bio for medicine :moon: It is ridicluous! all this extra stress because theres such a huge gap between them!Thanks :biggrin: Good luck with all yours too :smile:

and yeah I am :^_^:
I was thinking of applying to newcastle too, but my brother does dentistry there. :frown:

Ah that'd definatly put me off lol *escape home* "freeeeeeeeeeeedommmmmmm!:dance: ... oh, hi there bro :dry:"

Thats in issue I'm gonna have actually. I'm gonna be applying same year as my brother too. It would actually put me off applying there, unless I really really reallllllly liked it :tongue:
January? :s-smilie: What year are you in?

12, did all my AS levels in January.

That makes sense. lol. I was confused.

how did you do all of them so quickly?
Original post by tkoki1993
how did you do all of them so quickly?

3 year sixth form, so the AS course and A2 course are both done over 1.5 years each rather than 1 each. I finished GCSEs in year 10 and spent Y11 learning AS.
3 year sixth form, so the AS course and A2 course are both done over 1.5 years each rather than 1 each. I finished GCSEs in year 10 and spent Y11 learning AS.

ohhh right... are you doing a levels in the UK or in a different country? cos thats never occured to me lol

So how old will you be when you apply for university and if everything goes to plan start university?
ohhh right... are you doing a levels in the UK or in a different country? cos thats never occured to me lol

Yeah I'm UK, it's just a new system my school implemented a couple years ago, so far it has worked really well.
Yeah I'm UK, it's just a new system my school implemented a couple years ago, so far it has worked really well.

so when did you start your GCSEs?
so when did you start your GCSEs?

Year 9 :smile:
Year 9 :smile:

ahhh i wish i started my GCSEs in year 9... I wouldve probably got the same grades... possibly even better... I reached my peak in year 10 then declined in year 11

Latest

Trending

Trending