The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5500
Original post by GH
Rather be at Oxford than St Johns...oh I'd rather ne at Oxford than St Johns...all together now...

Hmm? :confused:
Reply 5501
Original post by cz100
The July ones were all during my placement week, the next ones are in September so I doubt I can go because I'd need to fly over and it'll be during term time

Oh right I see
I'm taking a gap year too, hopefully on a scheme with some accountancy firms or a medical business that I know, or, last resort, as a HCA.
Reply 5503
Original post by Nator
Oh right I see

Managed to cut PS down to 3989 characters, it's sitting in PS help now and I can concentrate on the UKCAT
Reply 5504
Original post by cz100
Managed to cut PS down to 3989 characters, it's sitting in PS help now and I can concentrate on the UKCAT now

Nice :biggrin: Manage to fit in all the experience you recently done?
Reply 5505
Original post by Nator
Nice :biggrin: Manage to fit in all the experience you recently done?

Some, if I got everything in I might end up with a small book
Reply 5506
Original post by cz100
Some, if I got everything in I might end up with a small book

Oh alright then :smile: Well it's a start
Having to read books, do work experience AND write PS during summer ''holidays''. So much for relaxing during the summer :erm:
Original post by JChoudhry

Having to read books, do work experience AND write PS during summer ''holidays''. So much for relaxing during the summer :erm:

Plus UKCAT and BMAT prep. Dreading the end of term so much now.
Reply 5509

So true, and I have to look after my 3 yr old brother the whole time because he's stopped nursery for the summer. But just think pain this summer relax next summer

I've got all of that as well as an EPQ to do (5000 word essay!), it's not going to be the most relaxing break I've had...
Original post by Normandy114
I've got all of that as well as an EPQ to do (5000 word essay!), it's not going to be the most relaxing break I've had...

Haha, fair enough :p: That's long lol

Original post by cz100
So true, and I have to look after my 3 yr old brother the whole time because he's stopped nursery for the summer. But just think pain this summer relax next summer

Haha, fair enough :p:

Original post by oHellno
Plus UKCAT and BMAT prep. Dreading the end of term so much now.

Yeah, those too :sad:
Reply 5512
all the people on this site are nutters, bring back potions
Reply 5513
Does anyone know if Oxbridge ever ask for a written essay from Medicine applicants?
Reply 5514
Original post by liviaaa
Does anyone know if Oxbridge ever ask for a written essay from Medicine applicants?

Not that I'm aware of, although some colleges require you to e-mail them 3 topics of interest in the field of medicine; should one qualify for interview that is. Got this info from a tour of the university from my friend :smile:
Original post by Straight up G
I'm taking a gap year too, hopefully on a scheme with some accountancy firms or a medical business that I know, or, last resort, as a HCA.

You deferring then? My friend was looking this up for me and apparently it's harder to get offers if you defer. :puppyeyes:
Reply 5516
Original post by Nator
Not that I'm aware of, although some colleges require you to e-mail them 3 topics of interest in the field of medicine; should one qualify for interview that is. Got this info from a tour of the university from my friend :smile:

Okay thanks! I thought it would be hard otherwise - the last essay I did was for my english GCSE! Also just remembered, I guess they have the BMAT for the essay...
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
You deferring then? My friend was looking this up for me and apparently it's harder to get offers if you defer. :puppyeyes:

Well, I'm gonna double check at my chosen unis about their gap year policies. Then make a choice to either apply for deferred or apply for 2012 then 'suddenly change' after hopefully receiving an offer
Original post by rsp
all the people on this site are nutters, bring back potions

Nah cos then we'd all be Healers innit.
Original post by Straight up G
Well, I'm gonna double check at my chosen unis about their gap year policies. Then make a choice to either apply for deferred or apply for 2012 then 'suddenly change' after hopefully receiving an offer

I've looked at the websites, some say they even encourage it (provided it's well spent) but it might be an unofficial thing just because the calculations for 2013 entry would be so much harder to make.

Latest

Trending

Trending