The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6020
Original post by Nator
And yeah I hear ya, and no nothing mandatory I mean already observed a hell of a lot of machinery and expertise, thanks for the heads up, back to PS and BMAT :dry:

I'm tempted to reschedule my UKCAT to earlier so I can have it done and focus on BMAT, since I've almost finished the 600Q book.
Reply 6021
Original post by cz100
I'm tempted to reschedule my UKCAT to earlier so I can have it done and focus on BMAT, since I've almost finished the 600Q book.

Mine is early September, roughly 2 months for each I think is the right amount
Reply 6022
Original post by Nator
Mine is early September, roughly 2 months for each I think is the right amount

I hope the two months'll be enough for BMAT, since the time I have for UKCAT is in the holidays whereas for BMAT it would be with A2 work. If I had to choose I'd want to do better in it than the UKCAT.
Reply 6023
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Starting with an anecdote can work, as long as you can make it flow nicely without it sounding too cliched.

Thanks, it probably can't sound more cliched than it already is.
Reply 6024
Original post by cz100
I hope the two months'll be enough for BMAT, since the time I have for UKCAT is in the holidays whereas for BMAT it would be with A2 work. If I had to choose I'd want to do better in it than the UKCAT.

Good point, and agreed same here
I remember looking at the BMAT in like Year 9 or 10 :lol: Tad early

I need to get going with writing my PS :redface: Not too motivated... i'd much rather read French literature, mmm
Original post by Nator
Man so annoying when I can't do certain BMAT questions and brother just does it in a few secs :mad:

Examples bro?
Reply 6027
Original post by Straight up G
Examples bro?

I'll PM you man
Original post by liviaaa
I think I'm going to go back and do some of the VR again from the 600 Q book as that's my worst section but in a few weeks so I have time to forget the answers. It's probably a good idea to keep using new material too though. :smile:

Cool thanks x
Reply 6029
Original post by manic_fuzz
I remember looking at the BMAT in like Year 9 or 10 :lol: Tad early

I need to get going with writing my PS :redface: Not too motivated... i'd much rather read French literature, mmm

Translate your PS into French and submit it to UCAS.
Original post by cz100

Yeah same here, but UKCAT pretty much prepares us for section 1, so it'd mainly be just section 2 and 3 we need to revise, but i agree, i want to get an outstanding score on the BMAT, aiming for a decent 700-800 for UKCAT
Original post by GH
Translate your PS into French and submit it to UCAS.

surely it'd be easier just to write it in French rather than translating from English? :colone:
but naah, i'll stick to english :wink:
Reply 6032
Starting with an anecdote can work, as long as you can make it flow nicely without it sounding too cliched.

I've done this, but it sounds a bit clunky. I'm trying to reword it, but I seem to forget to mention the "why medicine" bit. :redface:
Reply 6033
Original post by EternalDoom
I'll keep practising the same stuff over and over again so my skills don't get rusty by exam time....got nothing better to do lol >_>

Going to King's College London open day tomorrow, can't wait, i love uni open days! :biggrin:

Aww can you please give me an overview of what it's like? I couldn't go and I'd love to know!! :colondollar:

Btw guys, Ive reached my 47 lines and I've typed up my PS with everything in it... but its 4636 characters long with spaces?! what do I do?
Original post by sablarrr
I've done this, but it sounds a bit clunky. I'm trying to reword it, but I seem to forget to mention the "why medicine" bit. :redface:

That part is usually full of cliches, you don't need to have a distinct section. You could mention it when talking about work experience 'Seeing the work the staff do made me sure that medicine is for me' or something :smile:
Can anyone vouch for the accuracy of difficulty in the 600Q book? too hard? too easy?

thanks lovely people!! :biggrin:
Reply 6036
That part is usually full of cliches, you don't need to have a distinct section. You could mention it when talking about work experience 'Seeing the work the staff do made me sure that medicine is for me' or something :smile:

I never thought of doing that! Hmm, might consider it. Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Loulibelle
Can anyone vouch for the accuracy of difficulty in the 600Q book? too hard? too easy?

thanks lovely people!! :biggrin:

The questions are of a similar standard to the actual test. But unfortunately the book cannot replicate nerves, which makes the real thing much harder.
Original post by manic_fuzz
surely it'd be easier just to write it in French rather than translating from English? :colone:
but naah, i'll stick to english :wink:

How did the UKCAT go btw?
Original post by Normandy114
How did the UKCAT go btw?

Better than expected thanks! :smile: Avg - 718, quite a happy 2 hour drive back from Barnstaple :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending