The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6080
Original post by Nator
Dw about the chem one man, MaturePharm told me how to do it :biggrin: Lemme know if you managed the other 3

Can you PM me the question? I haven't done any BMAT properly yet and want to have a look
Original post by Limitless
I'm in the same boat about the volunteering. Who knew it is so difficult, I mean I WANT TO WORK FOR FREE And I still can't get in anywhere.

If you live in Lincolnshire then PM me.

I'll gladly let you do my shift for me :yep:

I'd still get the pay obv though :colone:
Reply 6082
Original post by cz100
Can you PM me the question? I haven't done any BMAT properly yet and want to have a look

Yeah sure
Just went through S2 of a BMAT paper. I seriously need to revise/learn physics.
Nate Dogg, man's sorted it
Reply 6085
Original post by Straight up G

You know it man I'm your Physics man
I'm now looking at Birmingham and Bristol as options... they don't use BMAT or UKCAT... anyone visited either?? x
Reply 6087
Original post by Loulibelle
I'm now looking at Birmingham and Bristol as options... they don't use BMAT or UKCAT... anyone visited either?? x

I don't think Liverpool uses them either
Original post by Loulibelle

I visited Bristol back in 2010 so forgotten most of it but it looked good :h:

As for Birmingham I've spent plenty of time there this year :cheers:
Can't say much about the medical school though I'm afraid..

As cz said, Liverpool doesn't ask for those either, nor does Lancaster iirc :holmes:
Can anyone hazard a guess as to an acceptable % score for UKCAT sections??

My theory is that around 70% would be considered good... I suppose the test is designed to stretch even the brightest of minds, otherwise it wouldn't be useful for the universities. Does that sound reasonable??

Also, I know people say that pressure on the day can make you underperform... but I think the adrenalin might actually do everyone a small favour, I usually mess up the end questions because by then my brain is falling asleep... a good dose of adrenalin could sort that out nicely!!

:biggrin:
FOR THOSE TRYING TO MARK UKCAT MOCKS!!!

This is the way the 600Q book gets you to mark your practice paper... there are slightly different scores for diff Q but I've made an average....

VR: 20.5
QR: 22
AR: 14
DA: 35 Q1-22, 16 Q23-26

For each section minus the above numbers for every question you get wrong from 900.

obviously this is IN NO WAY exactly how it works, but it does help you gauge a ball-park figure for self-scoring!!

Hope this helps!! x
Reply 6091
Original post by Straight up G

Up for another session brah? S1 or S2 I don't mind, will plough through some bio
Reply 6092
Is there a certain font size that you have to adhere to, when writing your ps? Because a smaller font, reduces the number of lines. But I have so much I want to write about, I can't include it cos I'm over 4000 characters. :sigh:
Reply 6093
Original post by sablarrr
Is there a certain font size that you have to adhere to, when writing your ps? Because a smaller font, reduces the number of lines. But I have so much I want to write about, I can't include it cos I'm over 4000 characters. :sigh:

You need to copy and paste it into the personal statement section of your UCAS application - this puts it in the required font for you and if you press 'Preview' it'll tell you how much over/under the limit you are. You can also save it and go back to it later on the form.
Reply 6094
Original post by Iaso
You need to copy and paste it into the personal statement section of your UCAS application - this puts it in the required font for you and if you press 'Preview' it'll tell you how much over/under the limit you are. You can also save it and go back to it later on the form.

Ah, thank you :smile:
Reply 6095
Its so scary...dreading the ukcat!!!
Original post by zai1234

Original post by zai1234
Its so scary...dreading the ukcat!!!

Me too :s-smilie::s-smilie:

If it helps, look at your university choices and what they say.... for example, when I looked at mine, Sussex said that they don't even look at it unless you're "on the border" and King's say that "if an applicant has an excellent academic background then the test scores will play a less significant part in selection"...

So, if everything else is right and dandy it might not matter half as much as you think!!

:biggrin: x
Reply 6097
Hey im applying for medicine 2012 entry- I got 8 A"s at GCSE and 2 As then also a distinction in core ICT. And am doing biology, chemistry, maths and further at A2 (plus physics at AS). I go to a state school and our teachers dont really know that much about medicine application - well my form tutor doesnt anyway (art teacher). i wanna know which universities I should apply for and can i get into oxford and Cambridge, without having like 15 GCSEs in latin and whatever.
Ive done the UKCAT and I did very well in it.
Verbal R - 640
Quantitative R -800
Abstract R - 730
Decision Analysis - 800
I was a little disappointed that theyd got rid of the personality test - i was looking forward to being told who i am by a computer. i guess it was too easy to cheat and create urself a ficticious profile.
Also theyd taken two questions off the DA.
Its so weird but now I cant for the life of me remember many of the questions. I cant remember what any of the passages were on. Practically the only thing I can remember Is the combinations question on football.

My last question is do oxbridge ever take account of your UKCAT score ? and I dont think my school has ever done the BMAT before so where can I sit it if not at school.
Reply 6098
I think liverpool are the same as far as i know....thnks for the suggestions! :smile:
I honestly don't see the point in doing ukcat...uni's should just look at the grades and personal statement...life would be a little easier without the stress of the exam!!
Reply 6099

Original post by Einy
Hey im applying for medicine 2012 entry- I got 8 A"s at GCSE and 2 As then also a distinction in core ICT. And am doing biology, chemistry, maths and further at A2 (plus physics at AS). I go to a state school and our teachers dont really know that much about medicine application - well my form tutor doesnt anyway (art teacher). i wanna know which universities I should apply for and can i get into oxford and Cambridge, without having like 15 GCSEs in latin and whatever.
Ive done the UKCAT and I did very well in it.
Verbal R - 640
Quantitative R -800
Abstract R - 730
Decision Analysis - 800
I was a little disappointed that theyd got rid of the personality test - i was looking forward to being told who i am by a computer. i guess it was too easy to cheat and create urself a ficticious profile.
Also theyd taken two questions off the DA.
Its so weird but now I cant for the life of me remember many of the questions. I cant remember what any of the passages were on. Practically the only thing I can remember Is the combinations question on football.

My last question is do oxbridge ever take account of your UKCAT score ? and I dont think my school has ever done the BMAT before so where can I sit it if not at school.

You have great gcse results and seems like you've done really well on the ukcta!!
Oxbridge don't take account of your ukcat,,,its the bmat they are interested!

Latest

Trending

Trending