The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaz51

Original post by Shaz51
given you have high A at rest of your subjects and are predicted A next year; you have strong chances of getting into Imperial infact. I advice that you should consider applying there. :smile:

I am in an identical situation to you... isn't it gutting?! I don't know what happened with CHEM2 but I'm getting my paper back and then possibly having it remarked.

Could it be too wishful thinking to think that there could have been some giant terrible mistake?!.... probably! :frown: x
I'm gutted.... B in As Chemistry.... Chem2 let me down so majorly! I don't know what happened as I flew right through the A boundaries in my other subjects!!!

I want to apply to UCL and King's.... do I still have a chance???
Just want to say good luck all of you for this year, only this time last year I was in your position.
Make sure to be organised, and eat healthy to cope with all that will be thrown at you this year, and maybe..just maybe...you might just come out on the other side unscathed! :P :smile: :smile: x
Original post by w04andia

Original post by w04andia
Just want to say good luck all of you for this year, only this time last year I was in your position.
Make sure to be organised, and eat healthy to cope with all that will be thrown at you this year, and maybe..just maybe...you might just come out on the other side unscathed! :P :smile: :smile: x

Well done on your offer, I remember seeing some of your academics in your spoiler, was incredible! Good luck in UCL :biggrin:
Original post by oHellno
Well done on your offer, I remember seeing some of your academics in your spoiler, was incredible! Good luck in UCL :biggrin:

Aww thanks !
Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 6605
Original post by Hennnaa
(OCR A in chem btw, anyone else who took that unit 2 exam, please don't tell me I was the only one who found that paper disgusting!!)

Yeh Im one of those... I got a C in chem OCR this time and I just couldn't believe my eyes. I'm not giving up though, Im going to resit the exam next year along with all the A2's. It's going to be hard but it's do-able. Even if I don't get offers this year (applying for deferred entry anyway), I'll take the year off and apply next year.

Has anyone else ever done resits in along with their A2's? If so, was it reeeeaaalllly stressful... were you slaving away all day?? Just curious :frown:
Original post by Saffron
Yeh Im one of those... I got a C in chem OCR this time and I just couldn't believe my eyes. I'm not giving up though, Im going to resit the exam next year along with all the A2's. It's going to be hard but it's do-able. Even if I don't get offers this year (applying for deferred entry anyway), I'll take the year off and apply next year.

Has anyone else ever done resits in along with their A2's? If so, was it reeeeaaalllly stressful... were you slaving away all day?? Just curious :frown:

Are you talking about just one module or a whole AS repeat? One module isn't too bad and some subjects aren't too bad to resit particularly AS ones because you'll just be building on your knowledge that may infact help you with the second year stuff :smile: Some people do find it too much and just don't try, but if you're determined you should be ok :smile: And if worst comes to worst you can always drop out of a resist, you'll lose money but you can do it :smile:

Original post by Ronove
You miss out 'the' a few times and I can just hear a good old Northern glottal stop in the gap in my head. :biggrin: :tongue:

Hahaha *now starts back-tracking over everything I've said to see where this incident occurs* lol

Was it the "I'm also going to start volunteering at a hospital in the town I went to college in..." bit? Cause if so, that was a mistype, I think faster than I type and miss out words lol The day I speak without the in sentences like that is the day I know I need to move lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6607
okay guysss.. here are my as results

chem b
maths a
bio c
philosophy c

im resiting some of the exams in jan, and that will pull me up to a A in all of them except philosophy which will be a B...

which universitys will take me? wont i have to declare my results on ucas? wont they see that ive done horribly and choose other people even if i have good predicted grades?
the grades i achieved are not like me.. im normally a straight A student..

someone help? :frown:
Original post by Hennnaa
(OCR A in chem btw, anyone else who took that unit 2 exam, please don't tell me I was the only one who found that paper disgusting!!)

You should've seen OCR B Chemmistry.
I had a breakdown after it through which I ended up drinking an entire 1.5l bottle of pineapple juice.
Reply 6609
Original post by Saffron

well in jan i got a b in unit one.. resat and managed to go down to a c.. definately remarking that.. i got a b overall.. so im resiting that module in jan.

OCR A CHEM you have been horrible. :angry:

goodluckkkk! :smile:
Did anyone find the REAL UKCAT QR easier than the mock?
Original post by Loulibelle
Did anyone find the REAL UKCAT QR easier than the mock?

Me, quite a lot easier actually :lol:
Original post by manic_fuzz

Me, quite a lot easier actually :lol:

Because I just got 10/36 in the mock!!! :eek:
I got ABBC yesterday, not what i needed at all but im still on a high that the lowest exam grade was a C when i had major stress health issues around the exam period. I did 3 re-sits this june and in the exams found that i'd concentrated to much on those and felt like id flunked my actual summer exams, although i didnt start revising anywhere near early enough. Ive just cancelled my UKCAT (AS Chem was the C) and im planning on applying in 2013 now because i want to concentrate on my grades over anything else, but its going to mean 4 january exams + potentially 6 resits is this complete madness or ?
Because I just got 10/36 in the mock!!! :eek:

:lol: i didn't do too well either on the practices :smile:
Reply 6615
I got AAAB for my AS results. I got the B in spanish but i was 3 ums marks off the A boundry. Would the B harm my chances of getting into any medical schools? i mean are there any medical schools that look at AS results really seriously? Thanks

:lol: i didn't do too well either on the practices :smile:

Is that about what you got in the practices or did you get much higher?

What did you get in the real thing?

:biggrin: x
Right guys, I have a dilemma. My results aren't as good as I would have hoped: BBC :'( I'm normally straight A, I just don't know what went wrong :confused:
Medicine is career I've always wanted to pursue ever since the 18 months I was in hospital during my GCSE's.

I really want to go for it because it's all I want do but I don't think I will get accepted now. I have a fair bit of experience: medlink, hospital, GP surgery, St John's, research labs and charity work. Still need to take UKCAT. Is it worth me applying or not???

Also, I am aware that some schools certificate their AS results and others don't. But I am slightly confused now. After going to the open days they all pretty much said that they don't look at peoples AS results for that reason, some cash them in and some don't so obviously it would be unfair to look at one persons and not anothers. However, I have read somewhere that all state schools (I am from a state school) MUST cash their results in now for the 2012 entry even if they are planning on resitting modules.

Can someone enlighten me please. Thanks.
<--- Please help me :smile:
Is that about what you got in the practices or did you get much higher?

What did you get in the real thing?

:biggrin: x

well, a bit higher, in the 600Q book i got 19/36 for that mock :smile: and on the downloadable practice test i basically gave up because i nearly ran out of time on like the first 10 questions and then rapidly chose B for every other question :lol: ahah!

though in the actual UKCAT i got 800 for QR, (718 overall, though QR went from being my worst area in my practices to being the best in the real test!)

good luck! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending