The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Normandy114
Wow good job, I'm hoping for an A, but an A* would certainly be nice :wink:
Yeah, my school wants all of the UCAS applications in on Friday, so once that's out of the way I'll sort out the EP and then finally, relax :colone:

The amount of work/effort I put in it really should have been lower than a C :tongue:

Oh, bit of advice, if you don't feel like doing it... don't do it! As long as you do it at some point though! I couldn't work on it in lessons or in college. I never did any work in college for mine... I only ever pretended (or looked at cuddly toy red blood cells - as you do :tongue:) I know people who forced themselves to and ended up resenting it, and then not trying as hard or giving up altogether. Doing it when you feel like it is so much easier :smile: And it will be easier when you've not got ucas to worry about :smile:
Reply 7121
Hey guys,

Does anyone have the list of unis which don't place emphasis on the subject you're dropping? I didn't get good in the subject im going to drop but im still getting the predicted AAA for my other 3 subjects? I'm thinking along the lines of Manchester, Leeds, and i have no idea for the other two :confused:
Reply 7122
Does anyone know what Bristol think about AS module re-sits?
Reply 7123
Original post by Beska
SGUL interview close to 100%. :smile:

Not this year as they are introducing ukcat cutoff
Reply 7124
Original post by oldbatty
Not this year as they are introducing ukcat cutoff

They've always had a cut-off, you meant they are going to have a proper rank-by-UKCAT-then-cut-off cut-off?
Reply 7125
Original post by Beska
They've always had a cut-off, you meant they are going to have a proper rank-by-UKCAT-then-cut-off cut-off?

At the open day they said that there will be a cutoff for all applications ie if you dont meet the minimum then your application will not be considered any further. On their website they say that they will score each section individually but that they will decide on the cut-offs after the first week in November.
Reply 7126
Original post by Beska

They used to use UKCAT as a ranking system after interview for successful interviewees
Reply 7127
Original post by oldbatty
They used to use UKCAT as a ranking system after interview for successful interviewees

Bah yeh - of course they did! I got confused between SGUL and Soton. :o: Good to know though, thanks!
Reply 7128
Would it be foolish to apply to Cambridge, Imperial, GKT and Notts?
Original post by Nator
Would it be foolish to apply to Cambridge, Imperial, GKT and Notts?

Would depend completely depend upon your profile, but I see no reason why it should be.
Reply 7130
Would depend completely depend upon your profile, but I see no reason why it should be.

GCSE's: 8A*2A
AS Levels: 4A's in Maths, Bio, Chem, Phys (all above 90%)
A Levels: 4A* Prediction
UKCAT: 752.5 Average
Original post by Nator
GCSE's: 8A*2A
AS Levels: 4A's in Maths, Bio, Chem, Phys (all above 90%)
A Levels: 4A* Prediction
UKCAT: 752.5 Average

certainly sounds like you have a decent chance at getting an interview, all depends on how that BMAT goes, and what the other applicants are like. I'd say it sounds like you stand a good chance though.
Reply 7132
certainly sounds like you have a decent chance at getting an interview, all depends on how that BMAT goes, and what the other applicants are like. I'd say it sounds like you stand a good chance though.

Doing BMAT prep atm, started way too early, anticipation :rolleyes: How you been mate? What unis u going for? :smile:
Original post by Nator
Doing BMAT prep atm, started way too early, anticipation :rolleyes: How you been mate? What unis u going for? :smile:

Yeah good plan, BMAT is the last piece of the application for you really so no reason not to prepare early!
Been good, UKCAT went well (707.5) so I'm applying for some of the UKCAT heavy universities, Newcastle, Manchester, BaTL and Keele I expect. My school wants my application in by Friday so working on the personal statement quite a lot at the moment.
Reply 7134
Yeah good plan, BMAT is the last piece of the application for you really so no reason not to prepare early!
Been good, UKCAT went well (707.5) so I'm applying for some of the UKCAT heavy universities, Newcastle, Manchester, BaTL and Keele I expect. My school wants my application in by Friday so working on the personal statement quite a lot at the moment.

Yeah exactly :biggrin:
Good stuff, awesome result! And good stuff, my school wants the application in by tomorrow hence all the uni questioning :rolleyes: A friend of mine has virtually the same profile as me, except his UKCAT is under mine (around 690), any ideas where he can apply regarding UKCAT unis? He needs some help so I'm trying to find some advice :redface:
Original post by Nator
Yeah exactly :biggrin:
Good stuff, awesome result! And good stuff, my school wants the application in by tomorrow hence all the uni questioning :rolleyes: A friend of mine has virtually the same profile as me, except his UKCAT is under mine (around 690), any ideas where he can apply regarding UKCAT unis? He needs some help so I'm trying to find some advice :redface:

That's good enough for any of them really except for Sheffield, if his GCSEs are like yours that should be fine for KCL, and it's comfortably above all the cut offs except Sheffield.
Reply 7136
That's good enough for any of them really except for Sheffield, if his GCSEs are like yours that should be fine for KCL, and it's comfortably above all the cut offs except Sheffield.

Good stuff, funnily enough identical GCSE's to mine, thanks :smile: Will you be taking the BMAT?
Original post by Nator
Good stuff, funnily enough identical GCSE's to mine, thanks :smile: Will you be taking the BMAT?

Ah no, I'm not applying to any BMAT ones, far too risky in my opinion.
Reply 7138
Ah no, I'm not applying to any BMAT ones, far too risky in my opinion.

Fair enough :smile:
Hey does anyone know a website that shows Applicants/offer ratio for med unis

Latest

Trending

Trending