The Student Room Group

Help me *skinny pic*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Okay hey everyone, thanks so much for all the tips and support you guys are giving me, it's lovely to know there are some things I can do, and that people that were in my situation made it out!

So my little food diary for today is as follows:

Breakfeast: Woke up too late so only had a glass of water, ate a packet of crisps and a biscuit on the bus to work

Lunch: went to marks and spencer and got one of the ready made pastas with chicken bacon and sweetcorn, and a victoria spongecake for after, also a bottle of lemon+lime water

Dinner: Lasagne with chips, sweetcorn and garlic bread.

Snacks: I had a packet of crisps at about 9pm
Original post by Roxas
Okay hey everyone, thanks so much for all the tips and support you guys are giving me, it's lovely to know there are some things I can do, and that people that were in my situation made it out!

So my little food diary for today is as follows:

Breakfeast: Woke up too late so only had a glass of water, ate a packet of crisps and a biscuit on the bus to work

Lunch: went to marks and spencer and got one of the ready made pastas with chicken bacon and sweetcorn, and a victoria spongecake for after, also a bottle of lemon+lime water

Dinner: Lasagne with chips, sweetcorn and garlic bread.

Snacks: I had a packet of crisps at about 9pm

You need to sort your routine out. Never skip meals. Have some nice hearty oats for breakfast cooked in whole milk. Throw some sultanas in for even more calories. In addition, sort yourself with high calorie/protein snacks for the day ahead (e.g. cook a few chicken breasts for lunch) and drink loads of whole milk. If you get just 4 pints in you per day, that's nearly 1500 calories right there. (Probably more than you consumed in the meals listed above combined).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Roxas
I just weighed myself, just under 8.3 stone, which makes my BMI 14.40, which is only 4 away from 18 which is "normal"

Only 4? Mate 4 points on the BMI (now hush all you bmi haterz out there) ****in 18 is the low end of safe, 14 is really really bad.

You need to start eating a lot, and lifting some heavy weights. Follow SS, follow it properly, read the book, learn the lifts and start with just the bar. Eat a lot, sleep a lot. in 2 years you could look and feel amazing, without drugs.
Original post by tekkers90
Do you realise what 14.40 means? basically that you're severaly underweight. Under 16 is medically bad. You say it is only "4" away from 18, yeah..well, 4 is alot in terms of BMI, and 18 is only just normal....

You need to go to the doctor mate. Honestly. 6ft 3 and 8.3 stone is quite frightening. I mean, 8.3stone is skinny for a girl that is like 5'3 or something.

bmi 18 is not normal. 18.5 is the minimum healthy bmi for an adult, and some doctors consider any bmi under 20 to be underweight.
under 15 is clinically emaciated that means you could die at any time due to organ failure. going from that picture you definitely look heavier than 8.3 stone, but if you are what you say then my advice would be to go to a doctor and get put on a diet plan of heavy lipid-based foods.
Reply 64
hit the gym and eat more. simple
Reply 65
Rightio, today went well!

Breakfeast: two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a glass of water
Lunch: Chicken pie with new potatoes and sweetcorn, also a glass of water
dinner: Ham and mayonnaise toasted sandwhich with more water!

Snacks: Some onion rings(crisp variety) A packet of fridge raiders chicken bites and a kitkat.

progress from previous days do you think?
Original post by Roxas

Snacks: Some onion rings(crisp variety) A packet of fridge raiders chicken bites and a kitkat.

Replace water with whole milk. You're wasting an opportunity there. Your dinner and breakfast are also seriously lacking. Those aren't meals.
(edited 12 years ago)
When you're eating that little it's no wonder you're the weight you are.

If you want to grow into a normal adult male's weight you've first got to eat like a normal adult male, not a 5 year old girl.
Original post by Roxas

Drink some milk as well! :biggrin:
yeah i agree about replacing the water with milk

and yeah 2 pieces of toast for breakfast? come on now surely you can do better than that

tbh people like you annoy me, you are in the best position possible (being able to eat whatever you want) yet you're sitting there eating thing that wouldnt even fill my pet hamsters up half the time :mad:
Reply 70
Really? In all honesty i'm quite shocked with negative responses...

Firstly I'm drinking water because all i used to drink was fizzy drinks and that's bad, I also don't like milk very much, and I have bad skin.. So water should be most beneficial..

My 25 year old brother ate the exact same as me today except he had cheese on toast instead of ham... He's normal weight..

My mum ate the same too and she's overweight..

I'm confused! I felt pretty full.
Original post by Roxas
Really? In all honesty i'm quite shocked with negative responses...

Firstly I'm drinking water because all i used to drink was fizzy drinks and that's bad, I also don't like milk very much, and I have bad skin.. So water should be most beneficial..

My 25 year old brother ate the exact same as me today except he had cheese on toast instead of ham... He's normal weight..

My mum ate the same too and she's overweight..

I'm confused! I felt pretty full.

this is why milk is good for getting in the cals

tbh you arent going to go from eating the diet of a little boy to eating that of a man straight away, your stomach just wont take it but you do have to work up to it by trying to eat a little more each day

like i said you are one lucky bugger as you have it the best way
Reply 72
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
this is why milk is good for getting in the cals

tbh you arent going to go from eating the diet of a little boy to eating that of a man straight away, your stomach just wont take it but you do have to work up to it by trying to eat a little more each day

like i said you are one lucky bugger as you have it the best way

That really bugs me. I have it the best way? It's much easier for fat people to lose weight then for skinny people to gain it. They gorge themselves on snacks and stuff unnecessarily because they can...

I don't limit how much I eat, my stomach just can't fit much in it! :frown:
Original post by Roxas

Breakfeast: two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a glass of water about- 250Kcals
Lunch: Chicken pie with new potatoes and sweetcorn, also a glass of water- Something between 500 and 800Kcals
dinner: Ham and mayonnaise toasted sandwhich with more water! 400-600Kcals

Snacks: Some onion rings(crisp variety) A packet of fridge raiders chicken bites and a kitkat. 700Kcals max

At an estimate the absolute max you've eaten today is probably about 2,500Kcals, and may be closer to 1700Kcals depending on portion size etc.
I'd guess being that size probably closer to 1700. You want to aim for 3000 for some weight gain.
Start by drinking milk where you have water for an extra few hundred calories.

Get rid of the toast and have porridge or at least try and force down 4 slices of toast.

Could even buy a weightgain/protein shake which will have around 500Kcals as an extra drink daily and will help with protein if you're going to lift at all. Even if not it'll have some nutrients if you get a decent one.

Maybe have a second bowl of something like porridge or museli as a supper.
Should hit around 3000/3500 easy.
Original post by brb_gone_gym
At an estimate the absolute max you've eaten today is probably about 2,500Kcals, and may be closer to 1700Kcals depending on portion size etc.
I'd guess being that size probably closer to 1700. You want to aim for 3000 for some weight gain.
Start by drinking milk where you have water for an extra few hundred calories.

Get rid of the toast and have porridge or at least try and force down 4 slices of toast.

Could even buy a weightgain/protein shake which will have around 500Kcals as an extra drink daily and will help with protein if you're going to lift at all. Even if not it'll have some nutrients if you get a decent one.

Maybe have a second bowl of something like porridge or museli as a supper.
Should hit around 3000/3500 easy.

Tbh, I think you've massively overestimated his calorie intake. It's probably half the figures you inserted into the quote.
Original post by Roxas
That really bugs me. I have it the best way? It's much easier for fat people to lose weight then for skinny people to gain it. They gorge themselves on snacks and stuff unnecessarily because they can...

I don't limit how much I eat, my stomach just can't fit much in it! :frown:

bull ****!!

nothing easy about having to restrict your diet, cut out things you like, have to eat things you dont like and knowing that if youve run out of cals for the day and are still hungry you cant have anything else

you also get to laze around where as fat people have to exercise

so yes you do have it the best way
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Tbh, I think you've massively overestimated his calorie intake. It's probably half the figures you inserted into the quote.

True but since I have no way of seeing what the portion size is I wanted to give an absolute max and show it still wasn't enough. Possible he's eating under 1500 yes, probable it's closer to 2000.
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell

having to restrict your diet, cut out things you like

But not in your case, evidently.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
But not in your case, evidently.

lol, ive cut out plenty of things i like, not all things i like granted but a lot of them i have cut out

and my diet is restricted
Original post by Roxas
Basically, i'm 18 and the most self conscious person in the world. I've had trouble with my weight since I can remember, and it's got to the stage where if i don't do something now, i think i'll go mad!

Alot of people on here seem very knowledgeable on the fitness subject, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Basically, I do near to no excercise currently, because quite frankly i'm embarassed. I can't do a single push-up i don't think.. I doubt I could run for more then 5 minutes, either..

Here is an attached picture of my icky body (sorry)

I'm 6ft 3 and just over 8 stone.

HELP!

Having read the first page I've decided you will probably learn something.

It's no good loads of people saying "wow ur anorexic go to doctor" or "starting strength eat 3000 calories".

OP already knows he has to do something. That's why he's posted this. OP also has no clue wtf starting strength is, nor does he know how to eat 3000 calories. Such advice suggests little in the way of helping him, it's pretty much like replying to a topic on training for the Great North Run by just saying "start running, eat more".

OP, I am 6'2" and 13 stone. A year ago I was 10. I know what it's like eating what you want when you want and eating double what your fat friends eat yet not putting any weight on.

Bodybuilders will say it is 30% training, 70% nutrition, but really it is 50/50. If you don't train, you will get fat and not muscley; conversely if you train but don't eat, nothing will happen.

You have to gain fat to gain muscle. So find a workout, go to a gym, train and eat like ****. Eat small meals but lots of them, try to eat every three hours. Here's what I had the other day for example.

3 weetabix, 2 slices of toast and a protein shake for breakfast.
After my lecture I had a fry up of 3 fried eggs, 2 portions of beans, 2 hash browns, 2 fried breads and some mushrooms.
When I got home I had 3 slices of bread with a full can of tuna for a sandwich, with full fat mayo (you need all calories you can get plus it's nicer!).
Before I went to the gym I had a full tin of baked beans with 2 eggs baked in them on the hob,
then after my workout I had a protein shake, sat in the spa, ate some food that was leftover from the gym at a conference which was 2 sausage sarnies, 4 pork pies and 2 slices of pizza, walk home eat half a pasta dish of pasta,
then for tea i ate a full tin of ratatouille with frozen veg and nandos sauce.
For supper I had 3 more weetabix and a protein shake.
Oh and 4 pints of milk during the day.

If you really want to put on weight you can do it, but as a hardgainer you have to constantly be eating oherwise it isn't going to happen. Make food an addiction, get it embedded in your brain If you're not full, you can eat.

If you need any help or want to ask me anything just quote me bacl.

Quick Reply

Latest