The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7620
Sorry i didnt check the location.
Reply 7621
Hey guys where should I apply please help.

AS:AAAB(chem,bio.maths,physics) A2 predictions:A*A*A*

UKCAT
VR 550
AR 690
QR 720
DA 760
AVG:680

GCSE: 4A*s 3As (A* maths, B english)

I'm thinking Leicester, Manchester, Peninsula and ? maybe Birmingham through A2B scheme
Reply 7622
Original post by rohitbd

UKCAT
VR 550
AR 690
QR 720
DA 760

I'm thinking Leicester, Manchester, Peninsula and ? maybe Birmingham through A2B scheme

what is A2B scheme?
Reply 7623
Original post by Anajini
what is A2B scheme?

Its a scheme where Birmingham reduce their GCSE requirements if your schools crap lol :smile:
Are people putting a 5th choice? what sort of courses are you putting down?
Reply 7625
Please need advice!!
GCSE's: 9 A*'s
AS: AABC in maths, psychology, chemsitry and biology respectively
Predicted A* AAA (as above)
UKCAT: 610
Do I have a chance?

Any help is appreciated!!
Thank you
Reply 7626
Original post by rohitbd

UKCAT
VR 550
AR 690
QR 720
DA 760

do manchester have ukcat cut off score? on website it says contextual flag, what is that? thanks
Reply 7627
Original post by lucy1234
do manchester have ukcat cut off score? on website it says contextual flag, what is that? thanks

It was 645 last year I believe. :smile:
Reply 7628
Original post by Vulpes
It was 645 last year I believe. :smile:

how do u know this?
Original post by giraffegiraffe
Are people putting a 5th choice? what sort of courses are you putting down?

I put anatomy as my backup; I'm hoping I won't have to rely on it though! Apparently it's an ideal coure for graduate entry into medicine. Other than that I was thinking of Biomedical Sciences. You don't have to choose a 5th course though, it was just recommended to my by my teacher.
Reply 7630
what is the ave ukcat score?
Original post by CocaineSquirrel
I put anatomy as my backup; I'm hoping I won't have to rely on it though! Apparently it's an ideal coure for graduate entry into medicine. Other than that I was thinking of Biomedical Sciences. You don't have to choose a 5th course though, it was just recommended to my by my teacher.

Oh ok, yes that makes a lot of sense, our teachers have been saying the same of 'you might as well put a 5th one down' !! biomed does seem to be the option a lot of people go for, quite a few at our school are putting biomed down,
where are you applying for anatomy to?
Hey all

with 5A*, 2A, 3B, what would be the realistic BMAT score needed for an Oxford interview?

Thanks for help :smile:
Original post by Ryaaaaannnnn
Hey all

with 5A*, 2A, 3B, what would be the realistic BMAT score needed for an Oxford interview?

Thanks for help :smile:

I'm guessing 6.5+s, if not 7s in the first two sections, and then 3A+ in the essay.

Simply because the average applicant has 73% A*s and the average interviewed applicant has 89% A*s...
Reply 7634
how do u know this?

Can't remember where I dug that UKCAT score up from sorry (Have a table of most of the cutoffs) :frown:
Reply 7635
Original post by Vulpes
Can't remember where I dug that UKCAT score up from sorry (Have a table of most of the cutoffs) :frown:

on the website it says contextual data flag. do you know what this means? thanksss:smile:
Reply 7636
on the website it says contextual data flag. do you know what this means? thanksss:smile:

Just a guess. Possibly how the UKCAT cutoff varies every year depending on the applicants overall performance. So it does not necessarily have to go up or stay the same, but can decrease too.
Aha my UCAS form was officially sent off today :afraid:
Original post by Ariadne xox
Aha my UCAS form was officially sent off today :afraid:

:biggrin:

I've sent mine to my head of year (referee), now just waiting for him to approve it, so he can then send it off :colondollar:
Original post by thegodofgod
:biggrin:

I've sent mine to my head of year (referee), now just waiting for him to approve it, so he can then send it off :colondollar:

Mine got approved today! :teeth:

Good luck! :h: Where are you applying?

Latest

Trending

Trending