The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaintSoldier
I've got the UCAS points for Barts, so that's a pretty solid choice (well, as much as it can get in Medicine admissions :wink:)

And thanks for the other suggestions, I'll look into them :biggrin: (although Notts is definitely out because I live close to the uni and I want to get away from home :colone:)

Just wait a few months before you say you have the UCAS points for Barts and the London. Knowing our luck the cut off will turn out to be 750 :wink:

That and you don't know they'll even still be using UCAS Tariff next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they reverted to UKCAT or even to something else entirely.
Reply 8381
If you have mentioned specific departments whilst talking about hospital work experience, i.e. 'In pathology' or 'haematology', would it be wrong to not put capitals? I'm freaking out, only just noticed :frown:
Original post by lamea1
If you have mentioned specific departments whilst talking about hospital work experience, i.e. 'In pathology' or 'haematology', would it be wrong to not put capitals? I'm freaking out, only just noticed :frown:

Should be fine, they're not proper nouns just areas. For example you wouldn't use a capital for saying "I did work experience in a kitchen".
Original post by Normandy114
Should be fine, they're not proper nouns just areas. For example you wouldn't use a capital for saying "I did work experience in a kitchen".

Oh the jokes that could have been made if you were a female and said that... :colone:
Reply 8384

What about if it's like 'the young oncology unit'? surely that's gramatically incorrect?
Original post by lamea1
What about if it's like 'the young oncology unit'? surely that's gramatically incorrect?

Ah, if it's the name of a specific unique place, charity or anything like that then you should have used capital letters at the start of each word. However, it's too late now to rectify it and I doubt you'll be at much of a detriment for it.
Reply 8386
Ah, if it's the name of a specific unique place, charity or anything like that then you should have used capital letters at the start of each word. However, it's too late now to rectify it and I doubt you'll be at much of a detriment for it.

not a specific separate place, just an area within the hospital. This is so stressful
Thanks so much
Original post by lamea1

dont worry about it, they arent looking for 100% perfect grammar and spelling theyre looking for someone to make a good doctor; i'm yet to meet one whos handwriting i could read so english skills can't be that vital :tongue:
Just realised I made a grammatical mistake in my PS. :rofl: wee one though. Hope admissions tutors generally aren't grammar nazis. :p:
Original post by Besakt
Probably because it's just another step.
There was excitement when people were taking the UKCAT.
Then there was excitement when people started their personal statements.
Then when the UCAS got sent off.
After that it was the "Oh Noooooo acknowledgement hasn't arrived yet have I failed already" bit.
Now it is the "Universities know how **** I've done on my UKCAT I'm going to get rejected".

We are still waiting for the "OMG they still haven't sent me an interview this must mean I am going to get rejected" step.
And the "**** I've done crap in my interview I must be getting a rejection now".

You are actually and genuinely House. :p:
Reply 8390
Hey, has anyone had any interview offers yet? Not really sure when to expect the uni's to get in touch with a decision? Thanks :smile:
Reply 8391
Original post by Mari10
Hey, has anyone had any interview offers yet? Not really sure when to expect the uni's to get in touch with a decision? Thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry
Some have.
Most people get interview invites between November and March.
Reply 8392
When do our UKCAT results get sent to the universities?

Can people be rejected before the UKCAT scores have been sent?
Reply 8393
Original post by Oggz
When do our UKCAT results get sent to the universities?

Can people be rejected before the UKCAT scores have been sent?

UKCAT's get sent off on 4th November :O
Original post by E.B
UKCAT's get sent off on 4th November :O

Apparently this year it was earlier and on the 25th of October...
Reply 8395
Original post by Straight up G

where'd you hear that?
Original post by Straight up G

Pearson said on their twitter account that it's sent off on the 4th..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8397
I don't know why they can't just send them off on the 15th October. Makes more sense.
Reply 8398
Original post by Oggz
I don't know why they can't just send them off on the 15th October. Makes more sense.

It would ruin the tension.
Reply 8399
Anyone know if rejections begin to be given out from the 5th November?

Latest

Trending

Trending