The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Well this weeks PBL is about sickle cell disease and a few complications about it.. this is one of our learning objectives:

Outline the social issues and health care attitudes involved with relation to Daniel’s case.

Can't even be bothered to start on that point...

That's painfully boring, how often do you have to do that? See this is where I just procrastinate instead of actually doing it :tongue:
Original post by ViceVersa
That must be horrible :lolwut: I can't even understand them separately :confused:

its really bad. i have no idea what goes on in certain processes, how on earth am i meant to revise this when im confused just learning it?
That's painfully boring, how often do you have to do that? See this is where I just procrastinate instead of actually doing it :tongue:

Weekly :sigh:

Not long until twice weekly..

Could be worse :erm:

Procrastination ftw :top:
Original post by laurie:)
its really bad. i have no idea what goes on in certain processes, how on earth am i meant to revise this when im confused just learning it?

I know! Oh the horrors..

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Weekly :sigh:

Not long until twice weekly..

Could be worse :erm:

Procrastination ftw :top:

Yeah it could be worse (I'm just saying this to make you feel better - I can't imagine anything worse atm) :smile:

Don't forget last-minute revision :rolleyes:
I quite like ecology. :colondollar: The stats/sampling stuff is dull as, but the stuff that relates to evolution/survival of the fittest is really interesting imo. And we watch videos of cute animals, and David Attenborough docus. (you've gotta love him).

I'm really, really glad that I'm not the only that finds resp/photosynthesis hard. :p: Was fearing I wouldn't be able to survive a medical degree with my abysmal biochemical skills.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Parle à ma main
I quite like ecology. :colondollar: The stats/sampling stuff is dull as, but the stuff that relates to evolution/survival of the fittest is really interesting imo. And we watch videos of cute animals, and David Attenborough docus. (you've gotta love him).

I'm really, really glad that I'm not the only that finds resp/photosynthesis hard. :p: Was fearing I wouldn't be able to survive a medical degree with my abysmal biochemical skills.

wierdoooo :tongue:

although i must admit looking at cute animals and david attenborough documentaries is quite fun :smile:

If in doubt just say NAD and you will be fine :smile:

:lolwut: Are you normal? :tongue: I guess you and my bio teacher will get along :smile: and yeah I always thought resp/phososynthesis was great and easy peasy at gcse, though I didn't understand why some things happened the way they did. But now..
wierdoooo :tongue:

although i must admit looking at cute animals and david attenborough documentaries is quite fun :smile:

Haha, it is. My Bio teacher is an animal lover and she has guinea pigs/fish/snails in the classroom, they're too cute! I liked the plant things last year as well... plants look so boring but they're actually really complex and the fact hardly anyone knows that means we're in like... a plants-are-cool gang. :awesome:

How's half term been for you?
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
If in doubt just say NAD and you will be fine :smile:

I will heed that advice. :p: Thank goodness it's only, like, 60% raw marks in the exam for an A.
:lolwut: Are you normal? :tongue: I guess you and my bio teacher will get along :smile: and yeah I always thought resp/phososynthesis was great and easy peasy at gcse, though I didn't understand why some things happened the way they did. But now..

Totally, we would unite over a documentary on climax communities, yay. :p:

GCSE is so misleading! I guess at least now you know why things happen, and it is stuff that you'll need for your medical degree (unfortunately :p:).

I really liked the menstrual cycle at GCSE but I can just tell that it's going to be obscenely hard when we do it in unit 5. :frown:
Haha, it is. My Bio teacher is an animal lover and she has guinea pigs/fish/snails in the classroom, they're too cute! I liked the plant things last year as well... plants look so boring but they're actually really complex and the fact hardly anyone knows that means we're in like... a plants-are-cool gang. :awesome:

How's half term been for you?

we had stick insects and wood lice in ours, theyre not so cute and cuddly :tongue:

plants are not cool, they are horrendously coma-inducingly boring :biggrin:

you do the menstrual cycle! would it be wierd if i said i was jealous?

half term's been decent, its my first holiday where i havent been on work experience/hardcore revising since the year 11 summer holiday, so it was nice to have a break. that said, i've been having a few health hiccups so i spent much of it lying down :tongue:

you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Normandy114
True, but they could give you an interview assuming that it's true, and if the scores don't match up when they get the results, you'll be in trouble for lying on your application. Although it's very easy to lie about your UKCAT score, it shouldn't be any different in terms of punishment to lying about GCSEs or A levels. Kings have already given out several interviews and they use UKCAT quite significantly.

Oh, King's have just offered interviews to people with 10 A*s plus as I guess it doesn't matter so much if they have a sucky UKCAT.
Original post by confused dot com
Oh, King's have just offered interviews to people with 10 A*s plus as I guess it doesn't matter so much if they have a sucky UKCAT.

im quite worried now that i see the majority of kings applicants on here have both higher gcse's and a higher ukcat than me :frown: here's me thinking my ukcat would make up for my gcse's!
Totally, we would unite over a documentary on climax communities, yay. :p:

GCSE is so misleading! I guess at least now you know why things happen, and it is stuff that you'll need for your medical degree (unfortunately :p:).

I really liked the menstrual cycle at GCSE but I can just tell that it's going to be obscenely hard when we do it in unit 5. :frown:

Lol

And it is misleading! They lie to you lots :colone:

So did I! I actually can't wait for the menstrual cycle in unit 5 :smile: but yeah it's going to be hard (trying not to think about that haha)
we had stick insects and wood lice in ours, theyre not so cute and cuddly :tongue:

plants are not cool, they are horrendously coma-inducingly boring :biggrin:

you do the menstrual cycle! would it be wierd if i said i was jealous?

half term's been decent, its my first holiday where i havent been on work experience/hardcore revising since the year 11 summer holiday, so it was nice to have a break. that said, i've been having a few health hiccups so i spent much of it lying down :tongue:

you?

Yeah, insects are just icky. You should totally get your Bio teacher to get a class pet turtle! That would liven up Bio lessons.

Haha, I think I've got a major case of Stockholm's with the Biology syllabus in general. I bet one thing we'll agree on was that the immune system was really interesting! Oh, unit 1. It sucks how they had the most interesting stuff in unit 1 (at least for AQA) when we're dealing with the GCSE -> AS step up so we don't enjoy it (when I say "we", I mean "I", the first half of year 12 was horrendous lol).

It's not weird at all, otherwise we wouldn't all be applying for med degrees! We do it in the next unit along with things like homeostasis and nerve signals, I'm buzzing. :p:

Awww, bless you, you seem like you've worked really hard for it, I hope you get a place. I hope we all get a place. They should open a medical school for everyone on this thread because we're clearly mint :colone: :awesome:

That sucks! Sods law, as soon as you get a break, you get ill. You feeling better?

Mine was good, I spent a couple of days at the library trying to catch up with work (:frown:) but the rest of it was nice and relaxing... I went bowling with my sisters (who are 5 and 10), I literally did my best but both my sisters beat me. The five year old came first... in both games. Lol.
Lol

And it is misleading! They lie to you lots :colone:

So did I! I actually can't wait for the menstrual cycle in unit 5 :smile: but yeah it's going to be hard (trying not to think about that haha)

They really do, but to be fair we did have to balance like 10 subjects. :eek: I don't know how we managed. :p:

It'll be fine though! Apparently unit 4 is the hardest/the one people do worst at. So onwards and upwards after Jan. :biggrin:
Yeah, insects are just icky. You should totally get your Bio teacher to get a class pet turtle! That would liven up Bio lessons.

Haha, I think I've got a major case of Stockholm's with the Biology syllabus in general. I bet one thing we'll agree on was that the immune system was really interesting! Oh, unit 1. It sucks how they had the most interesting stuff in unit 1 (at least for AQA) when we're dealing with the GCSE -> AS step up so we don't enjoy it (when I say "we", I mean "I", the first half of year 12 was horrendous lol).

It's not weird at all, otherwise we wouldn't all be applying for med degrees! We do it in the next unit along with things like homeostasis and nerve signals, I'm buzzing. :p:

Awww, bless you, you seem like you've worked really hard for it, I hope you get a place. I hope we all get a place. They should open a medical school for everyone on this thread because we're clearly mint :colone: :awesome:

That sucks! Sods law, as soon as you get a break, you get ill. You feeling better?

Mine was good, I spent a couple of days at the library trying to catch up with work (:frown:) but the rest of it was nice and relaxing... I went bowling with my sisters (who are 5 and 10), I literally did my best but both my sisters beat me. The five year old came first... in both games. Lol.

unfortunately i go to a boys school (mixed sixth form) so anything uber-cool like a turtle would probably be tortured in horrible ways that the boys could think of :frown:

and unfortunately it turns out we have no more human biology in unit 4 so its just plants and ecology until after christmas :frown:

i didnt find the immune system all that great tbh, i had to do it in psychology too so i kinda knew it before we did it in biology :tongue:

there really should be, because we're all awesome :awesome:

and i feel okay, but i've got a few doctors/hospital appointments lined up just to see if theres anything more serious going on :/

loooool i love bowling! :biggrin:
im currently researching pregnancy tests for some biology homework, and i just thought about how my mum would react if she saw my web history LOOOL :biggrin:
Reply 8619
Original post by oHellno
:woo:

I was so happy when we finished ecology. Except a week later we went on to Speciation, which wasn't much better :emo:

we've just finished the kidney, the pancreas and the liver, so we basically have no animal/human biology until after christmas. bad times :frown:

With CCEA we also have to learn some policies of our department of agriculture etc. At least we have the good stuff to come.

Latest

Trending

Trending