The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
It depends which unis you have applied to. The ones which do not use the UKCAT that much will still consider you. Good grades and an excellent PS can get you an interview :smile:

Ive applied to Kings Medicine EMDP 6 year course
Southampton medicine 6 year course
UCL (BMAT)
and Imperial (BMAT)

Do any of these over/unervalue the UKCAT to any certain extent O_O
BMAT uni's excluded ofc
Reply 8701
Original post by shooby_doo
Could it really ...
I wanted to break down into tears when i got that ukcat score

:console: Where did you apply? There are tons of places which don't place a large emphasis on the UKCAT.
Soooo... UKCAT is released...
Reply 8703
Today's the day our UKCAT scores get sent *shudders*. How fast do you guys reckon the universities will process the results?
Reply 8704
Original post by Ergo
Today's the day our UKCAT scores get sent *shudders*. How fast do you guys reckon the universities will process the results?

Very slowly I'm afraid as they are inundated with applications......
blehhh...tummy butterflies
:afraid:
Reply 8707
hey guys :smile: do oyou maybe know where could we find the general average and all the other ukcat stuff that is being sent out today? :smile:
In case you haven't noticed the announcements gone you're now free to discuss the BMAT as much as you want :tongue:
^ yeah any average info anywhere?

Damn my email is being refreshed at least 6 times per hour from now on :/
My gap year is finally getting sorted out, I've not got any rejections so far, life's good. :biggrin:

Actually, there's the slightly awkward fact I'm getting straight Us in class tests but meh, three months til exams. :P
got an offer for natural sciences at nottingham :smile:

hopefully not the only offer i'll get this year :tongue:

Original post by Parle à ma main
Actually, there's the slightly awkward fact I'm getting straight Us in class tests but meh, three months til exams. :P

my friend turned to me after chemistry and said 'did you get any of sir's questions right today?' LOL chemistry is killing me.
Reply 8712
Original post by laurie:)
got an offer for natural sciences at nottingham :smile:

hopefully not the only offer i'll get this year :tongue:

my friend turned to me after chemistry and said 'did you get any of sir's questions right today?' LOL chemistry is killing me.

Congratz, and I'm sure you'll get another offer :smile:.

And yeah Chemistry is so confusing, I just hope I get it once I start revision as I had this problem last year, plus my teacher makes chemistry much more boring than it really is by not giving us any breaks for activities and stuff but just lecturing us on chemistry for 2 hours :bored:
Original post by rohitbd
Congratz, and I'm sure you'll get another offer :smile:.

And yeah Chemistry is so confusing, I just hope I get it once I start revision as I had this problem last year, plus my teacher makes chemistry much more boring than it really is by not giving us any breaks for activities and stuff but just lecturing us on chemistry for 2 hours :bored:

just waiting for them to update me with the requirements now :s-smilie: i hope its not something ridiculous like A*AA like my friend told me it would be!

chemistry is an evil subject. doesnt help that im missing 5 chem lessons next week cause of my bio field trip :frown:
Original post by laurie:)

just waiting for them to update me with the requirements now :s-smilie: i hope its not something ridiculous like A*AA like my friend told me it would be!

chemistry is an evil subject. doesnt help that im missing 5 chem lessons next week cause of my bio field trip :frown:

Yay! Congrats on your offer :smile:
Reply 8715
I'm expecting a rejection on Monday.
Original post by Oggz
I'm expecting a rejection on Monday.

I'm expecting four :wink:
Reply 8717
Original post by Normandy114
I'm expecting four :wink:

Lol. I think to be rejected by them all is very unlikely, but could happen. In a way that would be better because it wouldn't be a long drawn out process. I am pretty sure I'll be rejected by them all at some point though. :sigh:
Reply 8718
You do realise only one of you can qualify for worrier of the year right? :tongue:
Original post by Vulpes
You do realise only one of you can qualify for worrier of the year right? :tongue:

It's no fun if there's no competition :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending