Reply 9000
Original post by Doctor.
Why is the med forums so....dead :/

Fear. :mwuaha:
Don't tell me everyone is losing their excitement already ? :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
National Student Finance Day! I think I may unsubscribe from such emails. >.<
yup I got tht email too :s

And yep we're all quiet cos we're blistering our fingers on the F5 key while looking at our email screen :wink:
Original post by DHolliday
yup I got tht email too :s

And yep we're all quiet cos we're blistering our fingers on the F5 key while looking at our email screen :wink:

Don't check, my interview came today - the one day I wasn't refreshing! :tongue:
How annoying UCAS media.
Reply 9006
Original post by Doctor.
How annoying UCAS media.

Tell me about it. I'm sitting getting emails from them :sadnod:
Original post by Vulpes
Tell me about it. I'm sitting getting emails from them :sadnod:

Why? You're already a med student :s-smilie:
Reply 9008
Original post by ViceVersa
Why? You're already a med student :s-smilie:

"BMA membership - Your last chance to take up our discounted offers!"
"Sheffield students . . . A thousand pennies for your thoughts"
"Helpful information about insurance for International Students"
"Win an iPad 2 & secure your dream internship"

etc... :facepalm:
Original post by Vulpes
Win an iPad 2 & secure your dream internship

Sounds good to me :awesome:

:colonhash:
Reply 9010
I cannot believe manchester have started interviewing, now the checking email every second phase official starts! :smile:
Original post by SpringNicht
Don't check, my interview came today - the one day I wasn't refreshing! :tongue:

Ha thanks... yh i gave up as i'm not on contract atm and my phone interbet bill went through the roof :s-smilie: so once/ twice/three/ four times Max a day and not really over the weekend but still not helped yet
Reply 9012
Original post by ViceVersa
Don't tell me everyone is losing their excitement already ? :tongue:

Mines kind of gone. I've had a month where I haven't heard a peep. So I just check my email and track every now and then. I'm concentrating on my A-Levels and trying to nail them at the moment.
Reply 9013
UKCAT avg went down. 619 this year. :smile:
Original post by Besakt
Mines kind of gone. I've had a month where I haven't heard a peep. So I just check my email and track every now and then. I'm concentrating on my A-Levels and trying to nail them at the moment.

I'm trying not to fail either :tongue:
Original post by apple17
UKCAT avg went down. 619 this year. :smile:

This and the overall drop in applicants suggests that cut offs should lower in general.
Original post by Normandy114
This and the overall drop in applicants suggests that cut offs should lower in general.

Kinda thinking I should have had the guts to apply to Sheffield now... :rolleyes:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Kinda thinking I should have had the guts to apply to Sheffield now... :rolleyes:

Well they said themselves that it should lower to around the 700-mark, seeing as their standard offer rose from AAB to AAA, and that caused their crazy-high cut off last year anyway.
Reply 9018
Original post by Normandy114

Yes, fingers crossed. :smile:
Original post by laurie:)
thanks :smile: its always good to hear people actually look at it, eventhough i havent updated it in ages cause of school/work exp/sickness :frown:

i think i've always had the kick that drives people towards cooking, but i've definitely improved over time - i started baking mainly when i was little with my mum because my brother was diagnosed with severe allergies so we couldn't eat store bought cakes and the like.

i mentioned my baking in my personal statement and everybody laughed at me - but its a major part of my life and i would definitely mention it during an interview :smile:

if you dont mind me asking, why have you chosen to defer??

Awww, that's fair enough tbh. Have you still been cooking and baking though?

You're such a sweet sister :smile: You must be able to cook so many things if you've had to avoid loads of ingredients!

Well tbh "personal" statement is exactly that, and you can't deny that cooking and baking don't give a lot of transferrable skills. Plus it'll make you stand out!

I don't mind! Loads of reasons, one is just because the idea of being free to be on my own in Paris is something I find really romantic and exciting. I want a year away from science where I can go back to the arts a bit... I want to try music things and get back into drama, and where better than Paris for that? :smile: Not that I don't love science, but atm I feel a bit stifled by A Level science... I want a career that mixes science + humanities, which is why medicine is good :awesome:
I also feel way too young to be going to medical school and I've had so many ups and downs with education in general since Sept that I just want to take a year out and learn sans textbooks.
I love French and one of my "things to do before I die" is to be fluent in 5 languages and living in a foreign country for a year will get me fluent. I want to take Spanish lessons when I'm in France as well, hopefully I have time to develop my language skills. I love kids, and getting paid to be a big sister (which is effectively au pairing) seems unbelievably perfect.
Oooh, also, I want to work for MSF when I'm older, and French is useful a) for being a part of MSF and b) for the countries you go to (so many poorer countries speak French). It also means if I don't get in in England, I've got more possibilities for uni if I'm fluent in French.

tl;dr, I feel like it'll open doors for me, medically and personally. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending