The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Sheffield both for Medicine and Medical Microbiology (which I don't intend to accept although I got an interview for it today). I hoped it would show I really want to go to Sheffield but I'm starting to think they might say I'm not committed enough to Medicine. Just wondered what you guys thought, if it will have any effect etc.? My ukcat is 745 and if I've been informed correctly and they interview in descending order I think I've already been rejected in effect :/
Reply 9521
Original post by Moldemort
I applied to Sheffield both for Medicine and Medical Microbiology (which I don't intend to accept although I got an interview for it today). I hoped it would show I really want to go to Sheffield but I'm starting to think they might say I'm not committed enough to Medicine. Just wondered what you guys thought, if it will have any effect etc.? My ukcat is 745 and if I've been informed correctly and they interview in descending order I think I've already been rejected in effect :/

No it shouldn't have any effect. Although the university would know that you applied for 2 separate courses, both are related to medicine. Just be prepared during the interview to explain why you applied for Medical Microbiology as well.
Reply 9522
hearing nothing at all after nearly 2 months, how many other people are being kept in limbo?
Original post by os93
hearing nothing at all after nearly 2 months, how many other people are being kept in limbo?

I'm in a similar position to you, waiting for stupid Bradford.
Reply 9524
Original post by os93

Feeling the same :smile: don't worry man, the majority of applicants are in the same position as us :smile:
feeling ever so slightly snowed under atm :frown: having to revise for mocks, do all my homework, prep for my interview, prep for medsoc, and keep up my extra curriculars just seems like soooo much :/

and i feel like im really struggling in chemistry atm, i think im gonna have to go to my teachers after school and ask for help.

anybody got any tips for prioritising/have a spare time turner?
Original post by laurie:)
feeling ever so slightly snowed under atm :frown: having to revise for mocks, do all my homework, prep for my interview, prep for medsoc, and keep up my extra curriculars just seems like soooo much :/

and i feel like im really struggling in chemistry atm, i think im gonna have to go to my teachers after school and ask for help.

anybody got any tips for prioritising/have a spare time turner?

It is quite a struggle keeping on top of everything :zomg:

1) Make a really detailed revision timetable and keep to it.
2) Keep an interview/ethics book with you at all times so you can have a quick read of it when you're not doing anything constructive (i.e. during short breaks at school/college when you don't have time to start proper schoolwork).
3) Combine your homework with revision - you can often cross-link the questions so you're killing two birds with one stone.
4) ALT-F4!

I'm not really ahead with anything, just about staying afloat - but that's my advice. :smile: Hope it helps in some way, shape or form.
Original post by Joseppea

2) Keep an interview/ethics book with you at all times so you can have a quick read of it when you're not doing anything constructive (i.e. during short breaks at school/college when you don't have time to start proper schoolwork).
3) Combine your homework with revision - you can often cross-link the questions so you're killing two birds with one stone.
4) ALT-F4!

I'm not really ahead with anything, just about staying afloat - but that's my advice. :smile: Hope it helps in some way, shape or form.

thank you!

and i know, its just as much as i can do to stay afloat and try to keep the grades up whilst making sure i get the prep done
Reply 9528
thank you!

and i know, its just as much as i can do to stay afloat and try to keep the grades up whilst making sure i get the prep done

Same problem here. Exhausted from studying and interview prep. :redface:
Original post by apple17
Same problem here. Exhausted from studying and interview prep. :redface:

im so happy you got an interview :tongue:

im trying to get all homework done at school during frees and after school so that when i get home i only have to do some revision and interview prep (also so that if i crash and go to bed early, i wont get in trouble the next day)
Reply 9530
im so happy you got an interview :tongue:

im trying to get all homework done at school during frees and after school so that when i get home i only have to do some revision and interview prep (also so that if i crash and go to bed early, i wont get in trouble the next day)

thank you!! hope you get ur kings offer. :biggrin: (My dream uni)
Aw, smart idea. I work horribly at school cuz of too many distraction and our senior lounge is pre comfy so I end up doing everything at home. miss my sleep. :rolleyes:
Original post by apple17
thank you!! hope you get ur kings offer. :biggrin: (My dream uni)
Aw, smart idea. I work horribly at school cuz of too many distraction and our senior lounge is pre comfy so I end up doing everything at home. miss my sleep. :rolleyes:

its my dream too :love:

so do i normally, but everyone goes home afterschool so its all quiet and nice to work in, also if i work where there are computers so its easy to just sit infront of a computer and work away for a couple of hours in the quiet
Reply 9532
its my dream too :love:

so do i normally, but everyone goes home afterschool so its all quiet and nice to work in, also if i work where there are computers so its easy to just sit infront of a computer and work away for a couple of hours in the quiet

its amazing. :biggrin:
Aw, most people in my class are noisy and my school is a laptop school so i end up going on tsr/hotmail/ucas.
btw, any interview prep tips. so lost. :eek:
Original post by apple17
its amazing. :biggrin:
Aw, most people in my class are noisy and my school is a laptop school so i end up going on tsr/hotmail/ucas.
btw, any interview prep tips. so lost. :eek:

its soooo lovely :love:

laptop school? tbh, i end up on tsr/hotmail/ucas most of the time during my frees, but afterschool its my time, and i dont really want to waste it :tongue:

have you got the isc medical interviews book? its quite good just for getting the gist of the kind of questions they could ask you
Reply 9534
its soooo lovely :love:

laptop school? tbh, i end up on tsr/hotmail/ucas most of the time during my frees, but afterschool its my time, and i dont really want to waste it :tongue:

have you got the isc medical interviews book? its quite good just for getting the gist of the kind of questions they could ask you

Yeah, everyone has their own laptop for notes etc. Your way better at time management than me. :tongue:
I bought that book and read over couple of questions. Thanks for the tip. :smile:
Original post by apple17
Yeah, everyone has their own laptop for notes etc. Your way better at time management than me. :tongue:
I bought that book and read over couple of questions. Thanks for the tip. :smile:

that sounds so cool! i wish i went to a laptop school :tongue:
Original post by Joseppea

4) ALT-F4!

This is a great idea, thanks bro.
Help?

I know in my interview I have to talk about my work exp, but because I did six different things I'm finding when I talk I sound all over the place. How can I structure it whilst still reflecting on it properly and bringing in key skills like teamwork and communication? :confused:
Reply 9538
Original post by ViceVersa
Yeah I know what you mean/how you feel. I'm the same :frown: Hope it works out for the both of us

Agreed! Good luck to you, stay strong =)
Original post by Cityshy
Agreed! Good luck to you, stay strong =)

I'm getting better :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending