The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by MWM
Have ucl and lse started giving out offer then ?

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lordvulture
you need to hang out with more educated people :P

Nope. I roll with academically capable mans. But I will now start to use the word 'abstain' in everyday life :colonhash:
Original post by Trizzle

I'd abstain from commenting on that post

:colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Offers for Bsc Economics at UEA, Sussex and Sheffield so far, just waiting on bristol and kent.
(edited 12 years ago)
how did the interviews go for everyone today???
Original post by smoky188
Do ucl not want non Oxbridge ppl ums then as their email acknowleding you has now changed not asking for ums scores

I'm not Oxbridge, did not receive the email to send UMS marks, I sent them regardless and they seemed very thankful.
Reply 5727
Hi,

Applying for Economics, who is better to be a referee? Maths or Economics teacher? Or it doesn't matter? If both they do no speak english, they can write, I will translate, but if the uni suggests to contact them straightly? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Obviously Oxford Brookes then.

One typo...pedantic much?
I lied, I'm still waiting for replies from the unis I listed, applying with actual grades of A*A*A*A*a in economics, maths, further maths, English literature and physics
I applied for Economics with Finance to Bristol, how difficult is it to get into that as compared to Economics.
Reply 5731
Original post by nathgooner
I lied, I'm still waiting for replies from the unis I listed, applying with actual grades of A*A*A*A*a in economics, maths, further maths, English literature and physics

:eek4: I am shocked to the core
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
I applied for Economics with Finance to Bristol, how difficult is it to get into that as compared to Economics.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/2012/sections/ECON/103/admissions

about 18:1 so actually more competitive than L100
Original post by bertos
Hi,

Applying for Economics, who is better to be a referee? Maths or Economics teacher? Or it doesn't matter? If both they do no speak english, they can write, I will translate, but if the uni suggests to contact them straightly? Thanks :smile:

Ohh, is this such a common dilemma? I was quite confused too a while back. I don't think it matters who writes it as long as they talk about how good you are at both Maths and Econ. They might contact the referee if they need to clarify something. But I don't think it would matter if your referee couldn't speak perfectly in English.
Reply 5734
Offer LSE Economics! finally! :biggrin:DDDDD
Reply 5735
Original post by azure.skies
Ohh, is this such a common dilemma? I was quite confused too a while back. I don't think it matters who writes it as long as they talk about how good you are at both Maths and Econ. They might contact the referee if they need to clarify something. But I don't think it would matter if your referee couldn't speak perfectly in English.

Ok. Thanks. Is it common they call to ask smth? :smile:
Original post by jhthed

Well done!
Are you domestic, or international?
Also, if your domestic may I ask what your grades are?

Need to what I need next time round!
A couple of people in my school have now got offers for Warwick econ

In terms of grades
GCSEs: around 9A*s
A2 PREDICTIONs: A*A*A*A
Thought this may be useful for some people :smile:
Reply 5738
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Well done!
Are you domestic, or international?
Also, if your domestic may I ask what your grades are?

Need to what I need next time round!

International. IGCSE 9A*s. A-level predictions 3A*s (+A* 98 maths achieved). Best of luck.
Original post by jhthed

Congratulations! Did you get an email from LSE or just UCAS? What where the conidtions, if you don't mind me asking?

Latest

Trending

Trending