The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parle à ma main
Honestly, time will fly til Feb because you have exams to distract you... and hopefully a Keele interview too!

Thank you so much, you're lovely! :smile: It's not til the 5th of Jan so prep is non-existent atm. But I did medical ethics for Philosophy & Ethics last year, so I know the basics, which is less to worry about.

That's a good idea. My dad says he won't wait in the waiting room with me or anything, he'll wander around Norwich, so I guess it's ok. :smile: I got annoyed at him before because he said we would take sandwiches from home to eat at Norwich and I was like ...what :colonhash: I think I need to grow up :colondollar:

Really, people had parents with them? Ah ok, that's a relief tbh. But don't applicants talk to each other before going in for the interview?

That's what I think too. I've got the Jan exams to worry about, and much more! And its good you know the basis, and it's good because you've got the whole holidays to prep :smile:

Haha, your dad sounds funny :ahee: And yeah people had parents, but the applicants still talked to each other whilst the parents talked with each other :yes: There were also previous med students from Barts that came and talked to us :h:
Original post by ViceVersa
Yeah kinda :erm: I tired, you know? And brats won't be getting back to me soon as they give out their decisions in feb :sigh:

Where's PSQ when you need him...
Original post by Straight up G

Hahahahahaha :rofl: :lol: :laugh: Oops :colondollar: :ahee: :u:
Reply 9803

Hmm I thought that was deliberate?
That's what I think too. I've got the Jan exams to worry about, and much more! And its good you know the basis, and it's good because you've got the whole holidays to prep :smile:

Haha, your dad sounds funny :ahee: And yeah people had parents, but the applicants still talked to each other whilst the parents talked with each other :yes: There were also previous med students from Barts that came and talked to us :h:

Ah good, that's fine, was scared it would be a deadly-silence-bus-journey type thing haha.

I lol'd at "brats" too hehe, was going to point it out but I felt mean. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)

What is this??

Not good :whip:

Original post by cz100

:naughty:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
What is this??

I personally think she should get warning points for insulting the oldest hospital in England.
I personally think she should get warning points for insulting the oldest hospital in England.

Don't think the supermods would appreciate that in the mod logs :mmm:

Seeing as he's missing in action, just nick Beska's account to do it.
Original post by cz100

No, of course not! :ninjagirl: :colondollar:
Not good :whip:

Hey, hey, honest mistake..:rolleyes:

Hey! :nah:

:laugh:
Reply 9810
Original post by Sophia56
my number 1 choice too, so scared about these mmis!!

I'm sure you will be fine - dont forget to read the back of the letter (theres writing there too, i missed it the first 3 times that i read it :colondollar:)

9 stations and 3 rest stations - not all are role play so i hear, some are interviewer conversations :s-smilie:

soooooo nervous
Reply 9811
Original post by Doctor2b
I'm sure you will be fine - dont forget to read the back of the letter (theres writing there too, i missed it the first 3 times that i read it :colondollar:)

9 stations and 3 rest stations - not all are role play so i hear, some are interviewer conversations :s-smilie:

soooooo nervous

Yay, some QUB applicants! Congrats on your interview, I'm assuming since some of the stations are proper interviews, they'll still ask stuff about our personal statement etc?
Out of interest, how are you preparing for the MMI? I'm getting very nervous now, hope I don't make a fool of myself during the roleplays.
Reply 9812

:naughty:

It was an innocent mistake :redface:
Still friends?
Reply 9813
Original post by cz100
Still friends?

Penguinsaysquack
x

Stumbled across this picture :tongue:

Original post by cz100
Still friends?

I guess :erm:

Original post by Vulpes
Stumbled across this picture :tongue:

:lol:

Don't blame me! :unimpressed:
Reply 9815
Original post by Angury
Yay, some QUB applicants! Congrats on your interview, I'm assuming since some of the stations are proper interviews, they'll still ask stuff about our personal statement etc?
Out of interest, how are you preparing for the MMI? I'm getting very nervous now, hope I don't make a fool of myself during the roleplays.

Yeah gettin nervous too - apparently i think they mite give you an ethical scenario and ask you to talk the interviewer through it (from the website) then they mite give you another scenario and you have to act it out - the website has 2 examples but i find it very hard to gauge and prepare from that. Other than that im just trying to get my screwed up perspective on life and problems toned down a bit to seem a little more normal ( i gEt told alot that i have a strange way of looking a
At and solving problems)

Apologies for all spelling, grammer and generql mistakes as i am trying with no joy to type this on my phone
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9816
Yeah gettin nervous too - apparently i think they mite give you an ethical scenario and ask you to talk the interviewer through it (from the website) then they mite give you another scenario and you have to act it out - the website has 2 examples but i find it very hard to gauge and prepare from that. Other than that im just trying to get my screwed up perspective on life and problems toned down a bit to seem a little more normal ( i gEt told alot that i have a strange way of looking a
At and solving problems)

Apologies for all spelling, grammer and generql mistakes as i am trying with no joy to type this on my phone

I had a look at the scenarios on the QUB website as well, but I'm not sure how I'm going to prepare for them to be honest. Haha, I sometimes get told my views are a little strange as well.
Reply 9817
Original post by Angury
I had a look at the scenarios on the QUB website as well, but I'm not sure how I'm going to prepare for them to be honest. Haha, I sometimes get told my views are a little strange as well.

I have no idea how im going to prepare for this and the interview date is getting closer and closer. At least if we dont know how to prepare maybe others dont either.

Then we have to wait till feb/march to hear:frown:

On second thoughts we should do bad things and try to talk ourselves out of punishment (i have a feeling thats how this interviews going to go - you have killed this persons wife accidentlly, stop him from sueing you) :eek:
Reply 9818
I have no idea how im going to prepare for this and the interview date is getting closer and closer. At least if we dont know how to prepare maybe others dont either.

Then we have to wait till feb/march to hear:frown:

On second thoughts we should do bad things and try to talk ourselves out of punishment (i have a feeling thats how this interviews going to go - you have killed this persons wife accidentlly, stop him from sueing you) :eek:

I remember reading a scenario about accidently running over your neighbours cat, and having to tell them. My worst nightmare though is walking into the roleplay and not knowing what to say. I guess the good thing about an MMI is that messing up in one of the interviews won't mean that you've ruined everything!
Reply 9819
Original post by Angury
I remember reading a scenario about accidently running over your neighbours cat, and having to tell them. My worst nightmare though is walking into the roleplay and not knowing what to say. I guess the good thing about an MMI is that messing up in one of the interviews won't mean that you've ruined everything!

As long as the person isn't hysterical when i tell them about their beloved cat. Could you not tell the interviewer that you would buy a cat that looks the same and switch the two (because you want to avoid confrontation as a doctor???)

Latest

Trending

Trending