The Student Room Group
Reply 9960
Original post by Crushy
I used to be really into animation and programming (which lead to making computer flash games) up until I was about 14/15 but decided to focus on medicine. I used to think computer science but it doesn't seem like a very... social degree, even though I enjoy the content. But I couldn't flip it the other way and do something fully arty like animation/multimedia design on it's own because I'd miss my science! I'd rather not have to make such as decision to be fair, medicine all the way for now.

:five:
Original post by loz876
YAY got an offer for my back-up! :biggrin:

Oh, great news :tongue:

What course?! :smile:
Reply 9962
Original post by Doctor.
Oh, great news :tongue:

What course?! :smile:

maths at Aberdeen :biggrin: not that I really want to go there, but still, it's my first offer, at least I can go somewhere :tongue:! And BBB seems much more achievable than AAA atm...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by loz876
maths at Aberdeen :biggrin: not that I really want to go there, but still, it's my first offer, at least I go somewhere :tongue:! And BBB seems much more achievable than AAA atm...

Aw that's great :smile: I went for Pharmacy, got an interview from Liverpool for Pharmacy :eek:

Only offer too :colondollar:
Reply 9964
Original post by Doctor.
Aw that's great :smile: I went for Pharmacy, got an interview from Liverpool for Pharmacy :eek:

Only offer too :colondollar:

wow, interview for your backup? that would be just as stressful for me as a med interview! especially when they'd say "why do you want to do this course", I'd just be thinking to myself "well, I don't really, this is my fifth choice..." :tongue:
well done :smile:
Reply 9965
Original post by loz876
wow, interview for your backup? that would be just as stressful for me as a med interview! especially when they'd say "why do you want to do this course", I'd just be thinking to myself "well, I don't really, this is my fifth choice..." :tongue:
well done :smile:

They don't know you where else you have applied.
Reply 9966
for what if i don't get in

might reapply, but more likely i would slip into an educational limbo and doing a bit of work, travelling, then getting my act together and getting a degree.
Original post by Crushy
I used to be really into animation and programming (which lead to making computer flash games) up until I was about 14/15 but decided to focus on medicine. I used to think computer science but it doesn't seem like a very... social degree, even though I enjoy the content. But I couldn't flip it the other way and do something fully arty like animation/multimedia design on it's own because I'd miss my science! I'd rather not have to make such as decision to be fair, medicine all the way for now.

Yeah, I know what you mean, except it was politics rather than animation for me. Medicine becomes a part of you in a really weird way cos you have to work so hard for it.

Aw, no, I wasn't implying that you should have to think about alternative careers, it's just an interesting question. :p:
:afraid:
Original post by laurie:)

:beer:

Goooooooooooddddddd Lucckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :hugs: :heart:
Reply 9971

What's with the constipated face?
Reply 9972
Original post by Besakt
They don't know you where else you have applied.

I know, but I mean in my head I'd be thinking "I don't really want to do this degree, I actually want to do medicine", so it'd be weird for me to have to tell them i really want to do a degree that's second behind another! :tongue:

My fingers are crossed for you, let us know how it goes!
Soooo close to 10,000 posts now :eek:

Good luck Laurie! :biggrin:
Reply 9975
Original post by Quackers93
Soooo close to 10,000 posts now :eek:

Good luck Laurie! :biggrin:

Let's hit that mark tonight :biggrin:
I don't want this thread to be shut down, I like it :puppyeyes:
Reply 9977
Original post by Parle à ma main
I don't want this thread to be shut down, I like it :puppyeyes:

It'll just be continued in a new one, like Medicine 2012 II...(hopeful entrants) !!
Original post by cz100
Let's hit that mark tonight :biggrin:

*tries to think of something to post that's relevant to medicine so it doesn't count as spamming...*
Original post by cz100
It'll just be continued in a new one, like Medicine 2012 II...(hopeful entrants) !!

Except with a better name :wink:

Also, I've had over 500 posts in this thread :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending