The Student Room Group

Do you talk more when you get nervous or talk less

like when you're talking to your crush, do you find yourself blabbering or do you tend to get shy and not say much?

Scroll to see replies

Shy and not say much. But then again I'm nervous most of the time because of my social anxiety.
Original post by leenarein
like when you're talking to your crush, do you find yourself blabbering or do you tend to get shy and not say much?

I get scared and go mute. As well as red as a tomato sometimes:frown:
My sentence structure just fails, and it takes me ages to think of what I'm trying to say :frown:

But I'm too dark to blush :littleangel:
Reply 4
When I'm nervous in general, I talk faster and more to some extent. But I also always start off by saying I'm nervous…

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get so shy but when I manage to talk its so fast haha :tongue:
Reply 6
i stumble over my words a bit then realiseand just dont say ANYTHING :s
Reply 7
Lol alot less.
Original post by + polarity -
My sentence structure just fails, and it takes me ages to think of what I'm trying to say :frown:

But I'm too dark to blush :littleangel:

If I have to speak in front of a group, even a presentation or something, I need a translator to make out the stammering, incoherent rubbish that I come out with. The choice I have is sit there quietly and be labelled anti-social or make an effort and me labelled a tool... tought choice to make:tongue:
Reply 9
I go to the extreme of both ends, never anywhere in the middle
I talk for bloody england, even more so than normal and I spend most my life being moaned at for talking too much :mmm:
Original post by Mourinho<3
I get scared and go mute. As well as red as a tomato sometimes:frown:

I go red all the time. :angry::mad::colondollar:
I talk more but not in coherent sentences.
Original post by chelseafan
I go red all the time. :angry::mad::colondollar:

You say you have social anxiety. I get more nervous than turkeys at Christmas:frown::tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by dothestrand
I talk more but not in coherent sentences.

Omg same, glad I'm not the only one. It gets so embarrassing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mourinho<3
You say you have social anxiety. I get more nervous than turkeys at Christmas:frown::tongue:

Haha but seriously I am nervous all the time. I like your username btw.
Reply 16
If I'm nervous I usually talk less, but if it's someone I like then I tend to get nervous about awkward gaps in conversations and say more rubbish just to fill it. :h:
If I've gotten to the point where I'm conversing with my crush I'll be fine (mostly). The only other time where nervousness affects my speech is when I'm presenting to a group of people, in which case I talk at relativistic speeds.
It depends, really. When I'm nervous for a presentation, which I always am, I go bright red and speak way too fast, and my hands might shake. When I'm nervous with pressure of some other sort, or often meeting a lot of new people at once, I'll probably go quiet and not manage to smile all that naturally. Probably looks more like a grimace :pinch:

With a crush, I kind of need alcohol in order to communicate. I stumble over my words and have nothing to blame blushing on, and knowing it's really obvious how nervous I am makes it all worse. So then I clam up and seem like the most socially awkward person ever :facepalm:

Either way, I manage to make a fool of myself :lol: Either I'm overly comfortable will people I know well (or I'm tipsy/drunk), or I'm really awkward and shy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
i talk more but then i stumble over a word, spend ages trying to pronounce it right then i give up and just start a completely different sentence which makes absolutely no sense at all or i just walk away. it's like all my wit leaves me :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending