The Student Room Group

UCAS and language exam (IELTS)

Hello all,

I have got a problem with my application to UCAS. I have English as a second language, therefore need a language exam to do. Unfortunately I don't have enough time until my final exams, so I have to do IELTS in June. Now, this is, where the problem appears. I don't know how I should declare it on the application, whether in the education section (British council to be a centre-but it's rather weird, because I won't be doing any course there, only the exam) or to write it into personal details section and put into an IELTS box word "pending" ...

I'm really confused. Thank you for any help.
Reply 1
Original post by PetrJ
Hello all,

I have got a problem with my application to UCAS. I have English as a second language, therefore need a language exam to do. Unfortunately I don't have enough time until my final exams, so I have to do IELTS in June. Now, this is, where the problem appears. I don't know how I should declare it on the application, whether in the education section (British council to be a centre-but it's rather weird, because I won't be doing any course there, only the exam) or to write it into personal details section and put into an IELTS box word "pending" ...

I'm really confused. Thank you for any help.

Under "personal details", the IELTS box should contain your candidate ID (or something similar). I suggest that put it under qualifications (like your other subjects) and put the grades as Pending for June 2013.
Reply 2
Original post by Vulpes
Under "personal details", the IELTS box should contain your candidate ID (or something similar). I suggest that put it under qualifications (like your other subjects) and put the grades as Pending for June 2013.

Hi,

well I don't have the ID yet, because I'm still yet to be registered. I actually called the UCAS support regarding this and they told me to leave it blank and call them once I registered. But I was planning to register in April-ish, which is well after the time that unis give all decisions. But I have it mentioned about me passing the exam in June in my reference, isn't it enough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending