The Student Room Group

Do women like 'cute' looking guys?

If a girl says 'you look cute' or 'you're good lookiing' does this mean she only finds you attractive but won't go out with you? A girl calling a guy 'cute' is a little off putting....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:facepalm2:

It's all down to preferences. Different people different choices/tastes.
I personally do. Also, if I call a guy cute, I never intend it as an insult. It's meant to be a compliment. It's kinda like guys calling girls "babe" or "chick". Some girls really hate nicknames like that, even if the guy never means it in a bad way.
Reply 3
Original post by efn
If a girl says 'you look cute' or 'you're good lookiing' does this mean she only finds you attractive but won't go out with you? A girl calling a guy 'cute' is a little off putting....

I do, I love cute guys! :smile: I know it's probably not the best compliment for a guy or whatever, but it's a lot less awkward to just say 'you're cute' or 'you're good looking' rather than 'you're hot' or 'you're sexy!' I really couldn't imagine telling a guy, unless he was my boyfriend, that he was hot! That would just be strange :smile: so to me, it's a good thing!! x
OP is probably a super cutie patootie.

I bet cute isn't sounding too bad right about now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Personally no. The last thing I'd call a man I found attractive is cute :s Maybe it's because I'm getting old now (21 in April - Arggh!!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
A guy who physically looks cute = :thumbsup:
A guy who acts too girly or feminine = :puke:
Reply 7
When I say a guy is cute I usually mean "good enough for some younger girl but not manly enough for me". If I find a guy hot I usually say hot or fit.
Reply 8
To tell the truth~. I prefer someone like a grown-up..
Cute is nice.Actually a cute guy may attract girl who likes protect others.But love depends on feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally she means "You look cute." I personally find "cute" guys very attractive.
Reply 10
Cute is fine, adorable isnt.
Reply 11
Being told 'you're cute' is like the kiss of death for me. You may as well say 'you've got no chance'.
Original post by Tier
Being told 'you're cute' is like the kiss of death for me. You may as well say 'you've got no chance'.

Haha I only say it to my partner. I think he understands that it's a compliment, but yeah I don't say it to anyone else or to a guy before I've made it clear it's a good thing.

And funnily enough I'm attracted to masculine men, rather than more effeminate ones. But just because he's actually what I would call fit/hot/sexy, doesn't mean he can't do cute things or faces.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by efn
A girl calling a guy 'cute' is a little off putting....

How? :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by nicatre
How? :s-smilie:

Original post by Tier

Also, what would be the outcome if a girl called you "cute" infront of her mates? Basically like slapping you across the face and saying RIP to another fallen guy in the friend zone.
Reply 15
Original post by efn
Also, what would be the outcome if a girl called you "cute" infront of her mates? Basically like slapping you across the face and saying RIP to another fallen guy in the friend zone.

I don't understand this but fair enough.
Reply 16
Every guy I've ever been with has hated me calling them cute

My 69'th post :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
I wanna roll you up into a little ball and shove you up my vagina
Original post by efn

No, cute is a very good thing! It doesn't mean you wouldn't go out with them at all, for me it would be the exact opposite. I'd definitely rather go out with a cute guy than a hot one, since hot guys tend to come with a massive ego. :lol: I use it interchangeably with adorable or beautiful. Like...in my sig, the second one (Aidan Turner), he's hot. The one below him is Andrew Gower and he's adorable. I would marry him. The guy I currently fancy I would definitely describe as cute/adorable, although clearly I shouldn't tell him that to his face. :lol: Matt Smith is cute as well. Cute is good, since when was it a bad thing?!
(edited 11 years ago)
they're the best guys :^_^:
but girls pretty much call everything cute though..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending