The Student Room Group

What are my options?

I'm currently in my first year if university doing a Psychology undergrad degree at Lancaster University. But I want to transfer to either a uni in the US or Canada. Is it possible at this point in time to successfully apply to one and stand a chance? If so, what are the differences in the application process? For one I know that US universities charge $75 per application to a university, how is this done in Canada? Thanks in advance!
It might be too late to transfer this year - I'm not sure when the deadlines are but if they haven't gone yet they'll be soon!

Transfer applications are all done differently at each uni in the US, so read their websites carefully - phone their admissions depts if you're in any doubt (eg, it won't be $75 for every uni - some will be more than others). You'll also need to think about fees and such, which can be high - look for unis that offer funding to int'l applicants.

There's basic info about transferring here, about US applications here, and you can ask the experts here.
Original post by FullMetalX
I'm currently in my first year if university doing a Psychology undergrad degree at Lancaster University. But I want to transfer to either a uni in the US or Canada. Is it possible at this point in time to successfully apply to one and stand a chance? If so, what are the differences in the application process? For one I know that US universities charge $75 per application to a university, how is this done in Canada? Thanks in advance!

hey, i've been looking for people around here who's taking psychology in lancaster!! Are you enjoying it? Whats the time table like - hours per week? and also why are you transferring?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending