The Student Room Group

Told a guy I liked him

So like the title says I told a guy I liked him and he said nothing...no emotion or anything and he just changed the subject and acted like I didn't say anything. I knew he wouldn't like me but I couldn't keep the secret in for much longer...
Can anyone give me advice of what to say next, I only ask because we live together and I'm not sure if its gonna be awkward to try and speak to him

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could do two things: 1. Do what he's doing and act normal, as if you didn't say anything. Over time the awkwardness will fade. 2. Ask him for a straight up answer which will settle the case for good. It's not particularly fair for him to just ignore it like that. It's quite rude actually.

Either way, at least you have it off your chest. Brave of you and I totally rate you for it!
Reply 2
Original post by Saaaammm
So like the title says I told a guy I liked him and he said nothing...no emotion or anything and he just changed the subject and acted like I didn't say anything. I knew he wouldn't like me but I couldn't keep the secret in for much longer...
Can anyone give me advice of what to say next, I only ask because we live together and I'm not sure if its gonna be awkward to try and speak to him

His just shy trust me.
Reply 3
Original post by Ferrister
His just shy trust me.

Trust me he's not

Reply 4
Trust me he's not

Well believe me he is. If he wasn't interested he would have said so. :colondollar:
Reply 5
Well believe me he is. If he wasn't interested he would have said so. :colondollar:

On the other side, if he was he probably would have reciprocated, so, y'know. Pro advice there, buddy.
Reply 6

Yeah I wouldn't take this guys word it^

As long as it seems fair I'd tell the guy and get a straight answer.

But ask it in a way which makes it seem like being with you will be fun and not a daunting relationship.
Reply 7

Reply 8
Reply 9
Wish more girls told me this.
Reply 11
I agree.

Even if a girl I didn't like in that way said this to me I'd have great admiration for her and would make every effort possible to be friends with her.

Knowing me I probably still would have taken you for a drink just to see if there was any connection. The sexual attraction can wear off so you need inner connection, and you can find beauty in someone over time.

Good on you though. You'll thank yourself in the long run.
Reply 12
A girl once told me she liked me and I kinda ignored despite liking her, the best thing to do is ask him straight out for a real answer.
I agree, you should ask him. Good for you I've never been brave enough to do that.
You should be ashamed of yourself
Reply 15
Original post by TruetoMyself
You should be ashamed of yourself

.....why, what have I done wrong?

Agreed with labratinth.

Either ignore it outright and continue as if nothing happened (clean and easy option at least on paper) or push him for a straight answer. That way you know where you stand even if everything goes tits up.
Well this guy obviously wasn't worth it if he reacted in such a pathetic way.

Your gain.
That's so cruel, if someone puts their feelings out in the open like that they should at least acknowledge it and tell you if the feelings are mutual :frown: My guess from his reaction is that he doesn't like you in that way.
.....why, what have I done wrong?

Lol I was joking OP :smile: Telling a guy you like him :thumbsup: Not sure how you can convince the punk to reciprocate those feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending