The Student Room Group

Italian medical admissions exam (IMAT) anticipated!

Hi,
I'm a medicine student in the English program in Pavia, Italy (30 min. from Milan).

There is an important announcement for those of you that want to begin study English Medicine in 2013 in one of the public Italian Universistes - the English admission exam for medicine (IMAT) was anticipated and will be held in April 15 instead of early September.

If you need more info feel free to ask me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm applying to sit the IMAT in April to study in Pavia. Please would you be able to let me know what the average score usually is to get a place? Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by alex9913
Hi,
I'm a medicine student in the English program in Pavia, Italy (30 min. from Milan).

There is an important announcement for those of you that want to begin study English Medicine in 2013 in one of the public Italian Universistes - the English admission exam for medicine (IMAT) was anticipated and will be held in April 15 instead of early September.

Hi, how hard is the IMAT and what sort of grade should I aim for?
Also, do you have to learn Italian?
Hi, I've done the IMAT and don't underestimate it! Do as many past papers as you can. also revise from the BMAT book because its very similar to that, except there is no essay question.
And yep you have to learn Italian to communicate with patients
Good luck!
Reply 4
Hi, on the IMAT registration page there is a section for school results; I am currently in my final year of a BSc so which results should I put in there?
Reply 5
Hi,

Hi!

I'm going to take the IMAT to study in "Sapienza", as I am really ambitious about studying there. However there are only 35 places for EU students at this university. "Pavia" university, on the other hand, has 70 places for EU students. If I put it as my second choice, would I get in Pavia if I had a higher score than an applicant who had put it as first choice?

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by tenbo
Hi, how hard is the IMAT and what sort of grade should I aim for?
Also, do you have to learn Italian?

Hi, the exam is not very hard, you can see a sample of it here:
http://pavia.medschool.it/admissions/136-imat-medical-test-sample
Last years the minimum mark to get in was ~35 for EU candidates and ~25 for non-EU.
Reply 7
Original post by mtmg32
Hi!

I'm going to take the IMAT to study in "Sapienza", as I am really ambitious about studying there. However there are only 35 places for EU students at this university. "Pavia" university, on the other hand, has 70 places for EU students. If I put it as my second choice, would I get in Pavia if I had a higher score than an applicant who had put it as first choice?

Thank you :biggrin:

No, you can get your second choice only if free places are left in that Uni.
Reply 8
Original post by rainbowsxyz
Hi, I've done the IMAT and don't underestimate it! Do as many past papers as you can. also revise from the BMAT book because its very similar to that, except there is no essay question.
And yep you have to learn Italian to communicate with patients
Good luck!

To avoid confusion I will add that Italian is not required for admission or your studies. Anyway you will be given an Italian course during your studies to help you with the daily life and direct patient contact which begins after your 3rd year here, so you'll have plenty of time for it.
Oh wow, cheers for this thread! A friend of a friend of mine who currently studies biology at the University of South Australia is really interested in doing a semester in Italy sometime this or next year, so am gonna bookmark this one :smile: x
Reply 10
No, you can get your second choice only if free places are left in that Uni.

Thanks for answering :biggrin:
Considering studying medicine in Italia, in English, in either Pavia, Roma,or Bari as a post graduate from UK, starting 2014.

Do not know where to start?

Any help, suggestions, advice, pointers would be much appreciated.

Born in London but with (also) Italian citizenship - do not speak Italian (yet)!
Could I do the IMAT test online from UK?
What's the protocol for this?
How much it costs per annum to study medicine in Italy?
What docs/papers are needed to start the ball rolling?

Please HELP and Thanks.
IMAT site for "La Sapienza", please!
What documents/papers are needed?
I have a 2:1 in bio-medical sciences, plan to start next year in Roma and I'd like a bit of baby-sitting, please.
I have English-Italian citizenship.
Does anyone know how the game changes for an Italian from UK with no Italian knowledge, in an English course?
Reply 13
I don't get your question.. You want to do the IMAT for the 2014 entry to La Sapienza for Medicine in English? If so, you firstly need to do the IMAT and get a good score. Only some 2 months after will you get the result and see if it's worth getting your documents legalized. What I needed for the 2013 entry were my grades from year 10-13 (end of high school) and my high school diploma with a "declaration of value" stamped by the Italian Consulate. Remember this course is 6 years (i'm sorry I don't know what a "2:1" is) and you don't need to have had a bachelor's degree beforehand.
Original post by FranciscoB
I don't get your question.. You want to do the IMAT for the 2014 entry to La Sapienza for Medicine in English? If so, you firstly need to do the IMAT and get a good score. Only some 2 months after will you get the result and see if it's worth getting your documents legalized. What I needed for the 2013 entry were my grades from year 10-13 (end of high school) and my high school diploma with a "declaration of value" stamped by the Italian Consulate. Remember this course is 6 years (i'm sorry I don't know what a "2:1" is) and you don't need to have had a bachelor's degree beforehand.

Thank you!
Hi,
Thank you for the offer to help!
I'm Brit and Italian with a 2:1 in Bio Medical Sciences. Intend to go to Roma med school in English for 2014. Is it 3 Unis I can choose, or less?
Any chance of finding out what papers/docs are required if I apply as an Italian born & bread in UK and how soon should I apply for the IMAT, that prezumably takes place at the same time for all med schools in Italy.
Could I enroll on line for IMAT and then go there only after the results?
How soon should I try to find accommodation there, please?

Many thanks for the help!
Reply 16
There are 5 Uni's to choose from now. Milan, Pavia, Rome, Bari, Napoli.
EU citizens compeet on same spots so there shouldn't be a problem. First you do the IMAT in UK then if results are positive you fly to Italy. There is no rush with accommodation usually, most people share a room in a rented flat in Italy, and usually there are plenty to choose from.
Original post by tired
Hi, on the IMAT registration page there is a section for school results; I am currently in my final year of a BSc so which results should I put in there?

Ciao,
I too would like this bit of info, as I am planning same in Roam, next year!
Many advanced thanks to all!!!
Reply 18
Hello People,

I am Portuguese and I am considering apply for IMAT in 2014. What about to create a closed group at facebook to share info?
Reply 19
Original post by taniaramoa
Hello People,

I am Portuguese and I am considering apply for IMAT in 2014. What about to create a closed group at facebook to share info?

Hey Tania if you want any help send me a message. I'm going to study medicine in english in la sapienza this year, so i've done the whole process. Como es tuga eu ajudo-te na boa :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending